[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

a singe f-22 nozzles? what would we do with it? an ASF-1 Shinden? (ace combat plane)

It would be like this engine from B9 aerospace, but a stock-a-like version. The way that this engine is modeled allows things to be attached to the sides, and it looks like one unit when they are put on a bicoupler.

WuOwI7lh.jpg

aIAxtTR.jpg

Hey, is it possible to get the cockpits packaged on their own? These things are amazing (works great in FAR, by the by), but I have no real use for the rest of the parts and would like to have other people be able to use my planes without having to load everything else in the mod.

If you don't want to go through the effort, I'd be happy to root through and pare it down. However, I'd like to ask for your permission to distribute the cockpits on their own so others can use my planes without part load (with credit to you, of course).

Hey, is it possible to get the cockpits packaged on their own? These things are amazing (works great in FAR, by the by), but I have no real use for the rest of the parts and would like to have other people be able to use my planes without having to load everything else in the mod.

If you don't want to go through the effort, I'd be happy to root through and pare it down. However, I'd like to ask for your permission to distribute the cockpits on their own so others can use my planes without part load (with credit to you, of course).

It's very easy to delete things on your own, since it's all organized into folders. Just delete the ones you don't want.

It's very easy to delete things on your own, since it's all organized into folders. Just delete the ones you don't want.

I acknowledged my willingness to do this in my post. The request was primarily to facilitate the ease of distributing my planes. Also, many of the assets in this pack (according to the warning on the readme) are interwoven, so I'll have to check through each part I want to keep to see what is used where.

I acknowledged my willingness to do this in my post. The request was primarily to facilitate the ease of distributing my planes. Also, many of the assets in this pack (according to the warning on the readme) are interwoven, so I'll have to check through each part I want to keep to see what is used where.

I can look into making them a separate download, since I know that it is true that one of the major draws to the pack seems to be the cockpits. I don't believe that they rely on any other parts since they are all completely custom to each other (no textures shared or whatnot). After I finish the helicopter parts, which I hope to work on again soon, I can see about it.

Hey,

just wanted to ask whether VTOL parts without pre-attached engines are still on the todo list?

Yep it's still on the list, although it's been put near the bottom for the moment. I haven't ruled them out, I'm just having more fun working on the helicopter parts right now :)

Well it looks nice and round (2.5m at a guess?) so maybe its so we don't strictly have to use Quiztech Aero bits to make big fancy helicopters.

Yeah that's what I was going for. I didn't want to limit it to use with only that part profile...but I can consider changing it if folks would like that better.

My only thing is that I think the cockpit looks too....long......possibly cut off the first part, before the windows?

Yep I shortened it today and I think it looks a lot better :) I still have to buff out a section that bulges out a bit (circled), but otherwise it's almost ready to be textured. You may notice the other part I've been working on lol. I plan to make two mounts, one taller and one shorter, to attach them to :D

FqviLwhh.png

Edited by Quiznos323

Looks better now :D

and what about tweakable rotors? :)

"Spread rep y u do dis"

I'll look into tweakable rotors, and I have another planned as combat/fighter rotors as well :) Sneak peek at the cargo heli rotors (1.25m base attachment):

Still have some minor texturing tweaks but they are coming along :)

U7FQLR4h.png

At last, more helicopter parts!

Will the rotor base attach blades, and thus use in-game physics to generate lift and change collective (harder to do, but much more fun!), or produce a thrust vector, like other present rotors do?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.