[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

On 2/12/2016 at 2:44 PM, Twitchy115 said:

Quiz, I'm having the same issue as a lot of people.. The VTOL wings aren't clickable in the Action Groups menu, how can I fix this? I made my favorite thing to fly in ksp with those wings, please help?

I'll take a look at them after 1.1 drops. I've been really busy with school, and I don't know what all will be changed part-wise with the Unity 5 update, so it may be broken again once the game updates lol (and I'll have to wait for firespitter to be updated as well). I haven't forgotten about you guys, life has just been taking priority! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2016 at 1:03 PM, Quiznos323 said:

I'll take a look at them after 1.1 drops. I've been really busy with school, and I don't know what all will be changed part-wise with the Unity 5 update, so it may be broken again once the game updates lol (and I'll have to wait for firespitter to be updated as well). I haven't forgotten about you guys, life has just been taking priority! :)

I also had this problem come up randomly when building vtols, the fuselage section with a fan worked fine and then I closed it and got on the next day and I couldn't access the fan from the action group menu while building, has anyone else had this happen? I didn't add or remove any mods prior to the thing bugging out on me.

Hey all, I got around to creating a SpaceDock page for the mod and the download is up. I will do my best to address the issues you guys are having once the next update is out :)

13UiFde.png

Edit: New SpaceDock DL Image :)

Edited by Quiznos323

14 minutes ago, JackFrizy said:

Mod is don't work well in KSP 1.0.5 :(

Welcome to the forum.

If you are experiencing an issue with a mod. The best way to get help is to give more detail of what is wrong. "The engines are low on thrust" "parts fall through runway" "animations aren't working"

If you simply say "mod is broke" no one will know how to help you.

23 hours ago, V8jester said:

Welcome to the forum.

If you are experiencing an issue with a mod. The best way to get help is to give more detail of what is wrong. "The engines are low on thrust" "parts fall through runway" "animations aren't working"

If you simply say "mod is broke" no one will know how to help you.

It often crashes the game. Also i can't toggle VTOL mode on my favorite ''Phoenix'' VTOL engine ( like in others VTOL engines). I Think that's all.

Edited by JackFrizy

58 minutes ago, JackFrizy said:

It often crashes the game. Also i can't toggle VTOL mode on my favorite ''Phoenix'' VTOL engine ( like in others VTOL engines). I Think that's all.

That helps. So do you have any other mods installed? And do you have the latest version of Module Manager installed? Are you running 32 Bit or the 64 bit workaround? How much ram does your computer have?

On 12.03.2016 at 7:28 PM, V8jester said:

That helps. So do you have any other mods installed? And do you have the latest version of Module Manager installed? Are you running 32 Bit or the 64 bit workaround? How much ram does your computer have?

Problem with crashes i fixed, but i can't toggle vtol on vtol engiens. This a problem with a game or mod?

So, I decided to try and use this mod to make an off planet in atmo. resource transport dropship style vtol because I thought the "Phoenix" wing part pretty nifty. However, I seem to be having some issues with them. For one, there's no staging or action group functionality; they just turn on with the throttle. Another thing I noticed, every other part seems to work fine with tweakscale, but those wings don't at all (it shows the slider but clicking it does nothing). Is this how they're supposed to be or did I mess something up?

It seems that going out into the runway and then returning fixes the tweakscale problem for parts previously placed on the ship.

Edited by Azrael the Sorrowful

3 hours ago, Jasperjl said:

Where can I see how to install the mod?

Welcome to the forum!

To install a mod. Dpownload the .zip / .rar file for that mod.

Open with Win rar 7Zip or the like.

Extract the contents of the mod from the zip folder and place them in the "GameData" folder in your KSP game folder (where you installed the game)

If you ever download a mod and see the folder  "GameData" just open it and place whatever is inside it into your GameData Folder

@Quiznos323

After wasting too much time trying to fix a problem that I didn't cause. Your f-35B turbofan main engine has an off center thrust transform :huh::mad:. Easily noticeable by placing the engine as the root part with RCS build aid you can see torque will be generated showing the thrust vector is not aligned with the CoM. Really quite frustrating as such a minor issue went this long unnoticed and absolutely renders the part unusable. :( Hope such a minor thing can be fixed without being delayed by whatever more substantial changes are needed for 1.1. 

Side note guess this makes my F-35 much more like the real one delayed for bad engineering that should have been caught by the manufacturer ;).

After A bit more trial I think the problem lies in the VTOL animation. I was able to get the com aligned with the engine in regular mode, but when switched to vtol it causes torque from the thrust vector being not centered after the animation plays. Which is actually worse than it being offset in both mode as it is now impossible to balance as if you balance for 1 mode when you switch your thrust will be off center. :( Hope that helps!  I hate 1.1 for putting modders off of maintaining mods...

• 3 weeks later...

Problems with 1.0.5 !

There is no symbol of engine in the staging and I cannot set Action Groups. 

Please help.

Though this idea is good it is very out dated therefore this is my humble request to make it compatible with 1.0.5.

2 hours ago, Adarsh said:

Problems with 1.0.5 !

There is no symbol of engine in the staging and I cannot set Action Groups. 

Please help.

Though this idea is good it is very out dated therefore this is my humble request to make it compatible with 1.0.5.

I currently use this in 1.0.5.

Bundled in the download are plugins. Such as the firespitter.dll and a couple others. These plugins are often the only problem in an outdated mod (not always just usually) try grabbing the most recent Firespitter and any other plugin. If you still have problems just post back here.

17 hours ago, V8jester said:

I currently use this in 1.0.5.

Bundled in the download are plugins. Such as the firespitter.dll and a couple others. These plugins are often the only problem in an outdated mod (not always just usually) try grabbing the most recent Firespitter and any other plugin. If you still have problems just post back here.

Can you pls tell where can i get the .dll file.

8 hours ago, Adarsh said:

Can you pls tell where can i get the .dll file.

Oh, for a .dll like that. You can either download all of Firespitter. Or just grab the .dll from the download and just place that in your game date folder. A .dll for a mod usually doesn't care which folder its in. You will see some mods like IR and others that will share the same plugins / dll's. Best practice is comb through a mod and just make sure you keep the newest o the two plugins.

23 hours ago, V8jester said:

Oh, for a .dll like that. You can either download all of Firespitter. Or just grab the .dll from the download and just place that in your game date folder. A .dll for a mod usually doesn't care which folder its in. You will see some mods like IR and others that will share the same plugins / dll's. Best practice is comb through a mod and just make sure you keep the newest o the two plugins.

Almost solved , but the animation of the phoenix engines is not working.

1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

Almost solved , but the animation of the phoenix engines is not working.

I'm away from my computer right now but...

As I recall the BD animation plugin is used from BDynamics. Go grab the latest version of that and snag its plugin the same way. I think that should solve the last of the issues. If not just let me know and I'll look a little closer - sorry been a busy couple I days.

18 hours ago, V8jester said:

I'm away from my computer right now but...

As I recall the BD animation plugin is used from BDynamics. Go grab the latest version of that and snag its plugin the same way. I think that should solve the last of the issues. If not just let me know and I'll look a little closer - sorry been a busy couple I days.

Still doesn't work :(. And as gave this mod to a friend without the new firesprinter.dll it worked fine on ksp 1.0.2.

the phoenix have started getting out of vtol mode and giving a thrust like that of a normal aircraft. but the animation of the rotating blades isn't working. O_O

Edited by Adarsh

Hey I am using ksp 1.0.5 and whenever i use the viol wing sections, they get detached automatically on the runway .

I haven't yet tried the other parts in 1.0.5.

They work fine in ksp 1.0.2

Edited by Darth Jeb

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.