[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

10 minutes ago, Darth Jeb said:

Hey I am using ksp 1.0.5 and whenever i use the viol wing sections, they get detached automatically on the runway .

I haven't yet tried the other parts in 1.0.5.

They work fine in ksp 1.0.2

Hey Darth <Maybe you are Nilaksh> This happened with me too. You shouldn't mount any thing on the wings and then try it. Maybe you are trying the heli carrier,

which was a craft in the mod.

15 minutes ago, Darth Jeb said:

Hey I am using ksp 1.0.5 and whenever i use the viol wing sections, they get detached automatically on the runway .

You should try using them without mounting anything on the engines. i also use 1.0.5 and this happened with me too, when i was trying the heli carrier. :D

4 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Hey Darth <Maybe you are Nilaksh> This happened with me too. You shouldn't mount any thing on the wings and then try it. Maybe you are trying the heli carrier,

which was a craft in the mod.

Okay 

And I am not trying it with the helicarrier 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:08 PM, Darth Jeb said:

Well...this is awkard

@Quiznos323I really like the parts. Have you considered adding support for FAR? A MM patch could get rid of the stock aero parameters (and the old FAR configs should be deleted), but the models/colliders of some of the cockpits probably needs some more work to be voxelized properly.

46 minutes ago, DespairingSquid said:

This mod good to go with 1.1.2?

Officially, no. Unofficially, the few parts I nicked out of it work okay, assuming you have a working version of BDAnimationModules... which is also an official no, but unofficially can be nicked from here.
Aside from that, don't pester modders for updates, it's too soon to tell if this one is dead or just sleeping. The "Dev paused" in the title might be a clue. :wink:

18 hours ago, steve_v said:

Officially, no. Unofficially, the few parts I nicked out of it work okay, assuming you have a working version of BDAnimationModules... which is also an official no, but unofficially can be nicked from here.
Aside from that, don't pester modders for updates, it's too soon to tell if this one is dead or just sleeping. The "Dev paused" in the title might be a clue. :wink:

Just asking, loads of mods like this are broken(animations, sounds etc)

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2016 at 6:17 AM, steve_v said:

Could be a clue. Probably just taking a break from developing the mod hence the fact "Dev Paused". Hope this does get updated for 1.1.2 because I'd like to see some RAPIER VTOL engines. :D

EDIT: I installed the mod on a 1.1.2 build and it seems to work fine except for the animations with new versions of the dependencies such as firespitter and BDAnimationModules. Wonder if there is a fix.

Edited by Duski

12 hours ago, andrew2309 said:

hey. I really like the mod but i have no option to activate vtol mode for the vtol engines. is this something With the mod or have i done something incorrectly?

The only ones that needing toggling of VTOL are your main engines. The countering fan's animations will work upon activation. Also, you need a new version of BDAnimationModules which is found here: 

in case you all haven't noticed, this mods development has been PAUSED! don't pester the poor guy about updating this or that because it won't happen until they decide to return to update the mod. if you like these parts, i suggest you check out some of @SuicidalInsanity's works as they're more up-to-date.

but seriously, if the developer was still working on the mod don't you think they would have fixed the far patches/other things by now?

Does anyone know why the BD Animation Modules won't work on this? (just to let all know, this mod is still compatible with latest versions. However animations won't work as far as my knowledge goes.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

FYI, I've emailed the author, asking if he would mind if I took this over in a maintenance mode.  I do this already for KW Rocketry

I'll let you know what he says.

Hero linuxgurugamer again to the rescue! Awaiting response eagerly.

9 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Hero linuxgurugamer again to the rescue! Awaiting response eagerly.

This is not going to be a quick conversion, because he uses several DLLs from other authors:

-Snjo: Firespitter
-BahamutoD: BDAnimationModules.dll
-sarbian: ModuleManager
-dtobi & sarbian: Klockheed Martian Gimbal

The problem is that some of these are not being maintained anymore.  So far, I've identified the following which aren't maintained:

BDAnimationModules (there are unofficial, partial conversions available)
km_Gimbal (Klockheed Martian Gimbal, mostly replaced by stock gimbal)

If/when i start this, I'll need one or two beta testers to help.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This is not going to be a quick conversion, because he uses several DLLs from other authors:

The problem is that some of these are not being maintained anymore.  So far, I've identified the following which aren't maintained:

I would vote remove BDAnimation and km_Gimbal, since I think their days are done. BDAn might be able to be replaced by "Deployable Engines" that Nertea uses in Cryo Engines. I don't know that it can handle the fancy gimbaling/vectoring jet that BDAn did or Critter Crawler, but it probably has more features than "deployanimationcontroller." I really have no idea, but it's the only one I can think of off hand. There is indeed a community build available, but I wouldn't try bundling that (it seems fine, just would get confusing).

km_Gimbal might resurface, sarbian said, in a severely reduced form, but not sure it's worth it.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have an engine that used to use KM_GIMBAL which I transitioned over to the 1.1 stock gimbal module. If you need assistance with it let me know, it isn't too terribly tedious bth.

51 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I would vote remove BDAnimation and km_Gimbal, since I think their days are done. BDAn might be able to be replaced by "Deployable Engines" that Nertea uses in Cryo Engines. I don't know that it can handle the fancy gimbaling/vectoring jet that BDAn did or Critter Crawler, but it probably has more features than "deployanimationcontroller." I really have no idea, but it's the only one I can think of off hand. There is indeed a community build available, but I wouldn't try bundling that (it seems fine, just would get confusing).

km_Gimbal might resurface, sarbian said, in a severely reduced form, but not sure it's worth it.

47 minutes ago, blowfish said:

km_gimbal is almost completely replaced by the stock gimbal now.  The only functionality not there is the trim.

Sarbian already replied to me telling me how to replace it.

Re BDA, I found at least two pulls on github, but so far the only one I tried doesn't compile.  If you could point me to a working build, I might either use that, or change it so that there won't be any confusion.  I want to at least understand what it is/was doing before I discard it totally.

48 minutes ago, martinezfg11 said:

I have an engine that used to use KM_GIMBAL which I transitioned over to the 1.1 stock gimbal module. If you need assistance with it let me know, it isn't too terribly tedious bth

While Sarbian posted an answer to my question, I'd be grateful to seeing what you did.

37 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Good news:

I have  a beta for you to try out:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nnpsih3awd9zad/QuizTechAero-beta-1.1.3.zip?dl=0

The neutral news is that I haven't heard from @Quiznos323, so I'll be supporting this as a Redux version when I release it.

Please let me know how it all works

LGG

Thank you~! I use the parts in this Modpack for quite alot of my smaller craft, so its great to see it continue to be supported by others~!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.