[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

Im sure I messed up somewhere as Im not an expert at modding games, but Im having an issue where I cannot get into IVA with the K10 cockpit at all. In fact, there is no window in the lower right corner where you would normally see the kebal, but he IS in there because I can EVA... All the other cockpits seem to have working IVAs tho. Only the K10 doesn't and I cannot figure it out...

The readme says the files I need are in the extras folder, but nothing I do with that helps...

Im hoping I dont need B9 aerospace...I haven't gotten it yet because it hasn't been updated for 1.0.2 yet....is there no way to make it work?

looking at the cfg this is why

//INTERNAL

//{

// name =

//}

- - - Updated - - -

looking at the cfg this is why

If you want to use the eagle make it look like

INTERNAL

{

name = EagleInternal

}

- - - Updated - - -

Im sure I messed up somewhere as Im not an expert at modding games, but Im having an issue where I cannot get into IVA with the K10 cockpit at all. In fact, there is no window in the lower right corner where you would normally see the kebal, but he IS in there because I can EVA... All the other cockpits seem to have working IVAs tho. Only the K10 doesn't and I cannot figure it out...

The readme says the files I need are in the extras folder, but nothing I do with that helps...

Im hoping I dont need B9 aerospace...I haven't gotten it yet because it hasn't been updated for 1.0.2 yet....is there no way to make it work?

And all you needed if you did need B9 aerospace is in the Extras folder of the download folder [1.0.2] QuizTechAeroPack v1.2.4.

And all you needed if you did need B9 aerospace is in the Extras folder of the download folder [1.0.2] QuizTechAeroPack v1.2.4.

Ah ok, so, do I just drop the extras folder into the KSP GameData folder like other mods?

Also, do you have any recommended programs to edit cfg files?

Thanks for the help! ^-^

Ah ok, so, do I just drop the extras folder into the KSP GameData folder like other mods?

Also, do you have any recommended programs to edit cfg files?

Thanks for the help! ^-^

I would open the extras folder and move the B9 aerospace folder to your KSP/GameData folder and if your using windows you can use notepad or wordpad any text editor and Linux, I use gedit.

EDIT- And Mac your on your own hehe :sticktongue:

EDIT- Or you could write a MM and use one of this like

@PART[quizTechMk1K10Cockpit]
{
INTERNAL
{
name = EagleInternal
}
}
-------------OR----------------

{
INTERNAL
{
name = ThunderboltIVA
}
}

Edited by Mecripp2

I would open the extras folder and move the B9 aerospace folder to your KSP/GameData folder and if your using windows you can use notepad or wordpad any text editor and Linux, I use gedit.

EDIT- And Mac your on your own hehe :sticktongue:

EDIT- Or you could write a MM and use one of this like

{
INTERNAL
{
name = EagleInternal
}
}
-------------OR----------------

{
INTERNAL
{
name = ThunderboltIVA
}
}

Alright, awesome! Thanks a ton for the help! ^-^ Im away from my main computer atm so I cant test to see if changing that fixed it or not, but I will report back soon after I test it ^-^ (and I will never use a mac lol)

Now, one last question, probably a bit of a noob one...but Im assuming I need B9 in order for the B9 stuff to work right? Just making sure because as soon as its updated Im going to be getting it anyway

Alright, awesome! Thanks a ton for the help! ^-^ Im away from my main computer atm so I cant test to see if changing that fixed it or not, but I will report back soon after I test it ^-^ (and I will never use a mac lol)

Now, one last question, probably a bit of a noob one...but Im assuming I need B9 in order for the B9 stuff to work right? Just making sure because as soon as its updated Im going to be getting it anyway

The K-10 doesn't have an IVA modeled yet, but like MeCripp said you can replace it with either of the other IVAs if you like using a MM cfg, but you will only be able to fill one seat because it is designed as a one man cockpit.

To answer your last question, yes, you need the B9 folder with the prop and internal files inside of it for the B9 props in the Thunderbolt

IVA to appear properly. The Eagle isn't set up for them. Hope that clears some things up :)

Are these parts .15FAR compatible?

Not sure, haven't gotten to test them yet... All of the parts with intakes have a custom FAR drag module built into them, but idk if those modules have stayed the same since the update.

Edit: Spruced up the VTOL Wing model a bit and made it more compliant in shape to stock wings. Big side fits delta wing size and smaller side fits medium connector wing size. The wing is also now flat across the top and bottom instead of tapered to the tip. This is for more customizable wing set-ups.

s0C78nSh.png

9Sf82Ndh.png

Edited by Quiznos323

Awesome progress

- - - Updated - - -

I may have found a bug.

When you take the fuselage with intakes and then try to add any other tank it doesn't work for me, somehow.

Would be great if you would look into it.

Do you have the latest version (1.2.4)? The connection bug is fixed in that version :)

First off, I ADORE this parts pack! Flying in KSP hasn't been this much fun! Even if I am still in v0.90 due to some of the mods I use not having jumped to v1+ yet... With that said:

Will the new VTOL wing tie into RCS controls as well? Your preview images show it rotating and I had this thought that if it was on double gimbal frames, you could make it tie into the RCS controls. Or something like that.

As mentioned, I'm still in KSP v0.90 for the time being. During this time, I noticed the Atmospheric RCS ports in this pack just require IntakeAir. Any thoughts on actually making them use a custom resource like BleedAir? I ask this because I realized they work without needing any engines on. Since they only use IntakeAir (and therefore no fuel), it's a LITTLE cheaty for maneuverability, IMHO. I thought perhaps forcing them to use a resource that is generated by the engines would be decent. My thought for BleedAir would be similar to how EC is generated (but can't be stored). Otherwise, I think the RCS thrusters should use EC. It feels odd that they are unlimited use with what is essentially an infinite resource.

BTW, I realize the Cyclone has its own intake while the K-FAN doesn't, though the K-FAN does have an intake config in its CFG file (again, this is in KSP v0.90 with v1.2.2 of this mod). Was/is there a particular reason for that? Considering the design and animation, I figure the K-FAN should have an integrated intake like the Cyclone. (Or was this changed for KSP v1+?)

Well, looking forward to the day I can/will switch to KSP v1+ and start using your mod there. I REALLY enjoy this mod.

First off, I ADORE this parts pack! Flying in KSP hasn't been this much fun! Even if I am still in v0.90 due to some of the mods I use not having jumped to v1+ yet... With that said:

Will the new VTOL wing tie into RCS controls as well? Your preview images show it rotating and I had this thought that if it was on double gimbal frames, you could make it tie into the RCS controls. Or something like that.

As mentioned, I'm still in KSP v0.90 for the time being. During this time, I noticed the Atmospheric RCS ports in this pack just require IntakeAir. Any thoughts on actually making them use a custom resource like BleedAir? I ask this because I realized they work without needing any engines on. Since they only use IntakeAir (and therefore no fuel), it's a LITTLE cheaty for maneuverability, IMHO. I thought perhaps forcing them to use a resource that is generated by the engines would be decent. My thought for BleedAir would be similar to how EC is generated (but can't be stored). Otherwise, I think the RCS thrusters should use EC. It feels odd that they are unlimited use with what is essentially an infinite resource.

BTW, I realize the Cyclone has its own intake while the K-FAN doesn't, though the K-FAN does have an intake config in its CFG file (again, this is in KSP v0.90 with v1.2.2 of this mod). Was/is there a particular reason for that? Considering the design and animation, I figure the K-FAN should have an integrated intake like the Cyclone. (Or was this changed for KSP v1+?)

Well, looking forward to the day I can/will switch to KSP v1+ and start using your mod there. I REALLY enjoy this mod.

While it would be useful to have the wing engines be rcs controlled, it wouldn't be possible to have them rotate and use all of the firespitter controlled goodies I have going with them :)

It's true that the RCS jets are a bit op, and I'll try to balance them a bit by using electricity, but I'm not sure if I want to create another resource just for this pack.

And yep the lack of intake on the KFAN was an accident. I commented it out when creating the drag modules for FAR and forgot to put it back afterwards :P It'll be fixed in the next update (which will be soonTM). I think you guys will like the new wings, I made a helicarrier today with them and it flew pretty well :D

Thanks!

Awesome news there ^_^

Oh, I forgot to ask earlier, but will you be supporting RemoteTech2 with your Drone Nose Cone part?

Also, any plans for non-atmospheric (rocket) VTOL space plane parts? B9 had a purpose-made switchable VTOL rocket engine, but the design didn't/doesn't match anything. (I'm not even sure if it matched anything in the B9 mod itself...)

I've landed a Mk2-style space plane once on the Mun a while ago, but it wasn't exactly pretty. (I honestly have no clue how I did that thinking back... Actually, I think I quick-saved and tried the landing many, many times.) I haven't tried it again, though I think I've gotten better with space plane designs. I could probably do a vertical space plane Mun landing now, especially with access to such nice mod parts like QuizTech (and others, like OPT). Still, a horizontal landing would be a bit better and having purpose-made, streamline VTOL rockets would help immensely.

For some reason but even the new update (I got it from kerbal curseforge) I still dont have the cockpits or the vtol engines, all I have is the AIRintake RCS and the twin turbofan... I don't have any others... I really want all of the parts, I want to build some planes and stuff... I dont know if I am screwing up the install or something.. all I'm doing is extracting into the main gamedata folder... IS there a fix for this? what am I doing wrong? Help would be aprreciated... It's just like BDarmoury I only have a select few parts, only the 50 cal ammo box and such... Did 1.0 KSP change the way to install the mods? anyway thanks for the help and such

For some reason but even the new update (I got it from kerbal curseforge) I still dont have the cockpits or the vtol engines, all I have is the AIRintake RCS and the twin turbofan... I don't have any others... I really want all of the parts, I want to build some planes and stuff... I dont know if I am screwing up the install or something.. all I'm doing is extracting into the main gamedata folder... IS there a fix for this? what am I doing wrong? Help would be aprreciated... It's just like BDarmoury I only have a select few parts, only the 50 cal ammo box and such... Did 1.0 KSP change the way to install the mods? anyway thanks for the help and such

What exactly are you extracting into the GameData folder? To install everything correctly, only copy and paste the items that are in the packaged GameData folder into your own GameData. If you try to install the whole folder containing everything then there will most likely be issues.

What exactly are you extracting into the GameData folder?.
Well, I downloaded the entire zip file.. and just copied that into my gamedata and extracted that... That's what I was told to do for a few mods I had in .90. I just figured that was how to do it... I'll try your way when the download is done... I tried reinstalling gain to see if that would work

Do I need any other mods for this to work?

Edited by Dragon1057
I need assistance I installing this mod correctly

Well, I downloaded the entire zip file.. and just copied that into my gamedata and extracted that... That's what I was told to do for a few mods I had in .90. I just figured that was how to do it... I'll try your way when the download is done... I tried reinstalling gain to see if that would work

Do I need any other mods for this to work?

Ah ok, that would be your problem then. I included install instructions within the main folder but I'll update them to be more clear. The GameData folder that you need to copy over your own is located inside the main folder that you downloaded.

Yes, this mod uses Firespitter and BahaSP which are also included inside the packaged GameData.

Ah ok, that would be your problem then. I included install instructions within the main folder but I'll update them to be more clear.a.

I don't think you need to update them, I never even saw the instructions, all I did was right click the zip and extracted to gamedata... BUT THANKS Mr.QUIZ IT WORKED! super happy I have al of the parts now! WOOT. I was just being dumb and not reading any of the readme.txt files... thank you again!

I don't think you need to update them, I never even saw the instructions, all I did was right click the zip and extracted to gamedata... BUT THANKS Mr.QUIZ IT WORKED! super happy I have al of the parts now! WOOT. I was just being dumb and not reading any of the readme.txt files... thank you again!

You're welcome, glad you got it working :)

Quiznos is there anyway you can fix the node on QuizTech QT-S25 :)

Yeah I will update those parts soon, they've been collecting dust in the corner for a while lol :)

The only thing that's wrong s the K10 cockpit... It has Jeb in it but his little face doesn't appear in the bottom right... is there a reason like no IVA view?

That's because it doesn't have an IVA made for it yet. There is a disclaimer on the OP under the parts list and in the notes section ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.