[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

I don't want to over load you, as you are very busy, and this is such an excellent mod, but with the likely hood of the current Mk1 pod being replaced, can you make a new MK1 cockpit. with a better overall visual while retaining the over all feel of "fighter/X-15" look. Maybe even have the nose cone replaced with a 0.625m attachment point so that one can attach a avionics nose cone. Something in the style you have would really be great.

Also, I'm looking forward the using that Apache Helicopter in use of my starfighters.

I don't want to over load you, as you are very busy, and this is such an excellent mod, but with the likely hood of the current Mk1 pod being replaced, can you make a new MK1 cockpit. with a better overall visual while retaining the over all feel of "fighter/X-15" look. Maybe even have the nose cone replaced with a 0.625m attachment point so that one can attach a avionics nose cone. Something in the style you have would really be great.

Also, I'm looking forward the using that Apache Helicopter in use of my starfighters.

Maybe, we'll see... :)

CanI recommend some engines? I'd like for this AWESOME mod to have F-22 engines! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Since B9 is the only other mod I know of that has them I would consider making a stock-a-like version of them :)

I don't suppose I could convince you to start splitting the pack into the subsystems (like a helicopter pack, fighter, etc) like Nertea does? I don't really have any use for helicopters, or for some of the other stuff. I'm just in it for certain Mk 2 components.

Man, this is awesome. My full credit to you Quiznos, these parts are fantastic!

Is there a wishlist I'm allowed to add to? ;)

My most recurring desire I can think of is a nosecone in the same shape as the new NCS nosecone adapter (Or slightly shorter if you like; that nice curve is the key!), but with a teeny tiny cargo bay instead of a fuel tank. That way you can stuff in batteries and drone cores and OSCAR-Bs with Fuel Cells on board... you know, those auxillary bits that end up cluttering up your nice smooth lines otherwise ;)

To keep with the theme, it'd also be neat to see an air-sample nosecone (I was so very annoyed when they took that out, even though I'll grant the new flight computer nose is kinda cool itself); especially on dual-boom aircraft it'd be nice to have something useful to mount on the wing that isn't carrying the autopilot. :D

And finally in the more-similar-to-your-current-projects... a 1m-mounted electric propeller engine would be lovely. For those Eve propeller planes, see? :D

Edited by Reiver

Hm, I like that idea :) Tweakable in what way though?

Like size, power, steering settings, blades, etc :D

- - - Updated - - -

Can I recommend some engines? I'd like for this AWESOME mod to have F-22 engines! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

thats a good idea, maybe a MK2 F-22 engine like the MK2 turbojet? :D

thats a good idea, maybe a MK2 F-22 engine like the MK2 turbojet? :D

tbh there's nothing special to the Mk2 turbojet, it's just two stock jets and the Mk2 pants mashed together into a single part, and it will look even less unique with Porkjet's new jet engine models coming up in 1.1. Now if it had that sweet F-22 look... Yeah I'd be very favorable to a redesign of the Mk2 turbojet instead of an entirely new part.

tbh there's nothing special to the Mk2 turbojet, it's just two stock jets and the Mk2 pants mashed together into a single part, and it will look even less unique with Porkjet's new jet engine models coming up in 1.1. Now if it had that sweet F-22 look... Yeah I'd be very favorable to a redesign of the Mk2 turbojet instead of an entirely new part.

Yeah, you make a good point. It was a fun exercise in figuring out how to create the part and animate it all, but I agree that it's not the most useful part and will become pretty obsolete after 1.1. If folks would like a redesign I can put it on the list. My options that I see are:

1. Remodel the Twin Turbojet to be an F-22 style and replace it.

2. Do option 1 and also create a 1.25m version sharing texture space (saving memory).

3. Scrap the twin design altogether and replace it with a 1.25m version.

Option 1 would be interesting because of the structural "tail" and side bits on the F-22 as seen on EdussaconBR's photo above, you could attach stuff to it which would make it a bit more interesting than two engines attached to a bicoupler.

If you do make a 1.25m version I don't see why you should scrap the twin design, you already have several textures and model that can be used as a basis for it and as you said it won't require much more memory. But I wouldn't bother with the single version at all since there's this new Panther fighter engine coming in stock. The twin design would really be worth adding to the game because of the unique attachement options.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.