[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

On 6/28/2016 at 9:07 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Good news:

I have  a beta for you to try out:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nnpsih3awd9zad/QuizTechAero-beta-1.1.3.zip?dl=0

The neutral news is that I haven't heard from @Quiznos323, so I'll be supporting this as a Redux version when I release it.

Please let me know how it all works

LGG

Has anybody tried this version?  I really need feedback if I'm going to do this, otherwise, I'll drop it.

13 hours ago, StevieC said:

In the process of downloading and installing it now.

Same here. Just got my KSP 1.1.3 up and running. Will let you know ASAP.

So far so good. Some command modules need proper IVA's (but I kinda know how much of a PITA they are to build) but the Beta seems to be stable.

So I guess if you're up to the challenge, keep her going.

ps. Still love the A-10... :)

9 hours ago, GDJ said:

So far so good. Some command modules need proper IVA's (but I kinda know how much of a PITA they are to build) but the Beta seems to be stable.

So I guess if you're up to the challenge, keep her going.

ps. Still love the A-10... :)

I don't model, so there won't be any updated IVA's from me.  If someone would do that, I would be happy to include it.

ok, I'll figure on making an official release.  

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't model, so there won't be any updated IVA's from me.  If someone would do that, I would be happy to include it.

Don't blame you.

I've been trying to do a quick-and-dirty method of getting a IVA in the A-10 by copying a existing IVA from a single seat cockpit and trying to set up a command path in the .cfg file but so far no dice. Do you know of a better way?

On 6/28/2016 at 7:55 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm wondering if this is really necessary.  There is the 

which seems to contain most of not all of the parts in this mod.

comments?

In my opinion, the overlap between mk-2 expansion and quiztech is that most of the mk-2 parts could be left out but the 1.25m parts are really where this mod is superior to mk-2 expansion. There are some parts that would be great if they remained. I say do some research and see where some parts are identical and could be done away with and which only exist in one or the other.

I would use both. The Mk2 mod is pretty cool, but a good portion of the planes are based on the 1.25m or round cylindrical fuselage format. This is where the Quiztech mod is preferable.

QuizTech's Mk1-Mk2 adaptor with built-in air-intakes fills a role in which the Insanity Aerospace piece of similar name doesn't work so well (the two pieces, while ostensibly identical in function, are optimized for different airspeeds and altitudes, making it useful to have a choice of which one to use for a particular vehicle) and the QuizTech Mk2 to 2x 0.625m+1x1.25m adaptor is similarly compact in a way that's helpful. Also, QuizTech's "slanted" Mk1-Mk2 adaptor is a part for which no equivalent exists from Insanity AeroSpace. I continue to find it helpful to keep BOTH packs installed for this reason, among several others.

If I may be more specific most parts here are different enough from Mk2 expansion to not overlap. The ones that overlap lots are the linear aerospike, the 2x.65m and 1.25m tri-coupler, the two Mk2 nose cones and the nose cone docking port are functionally similar enough to ones in Mk2 expansion to not need them in an update unless kept by popular demand.

Edited by Titan 3000

@linuxgurugamer

Didn't see a new thread, so here I be.

The version file for the firespitter plugin is way out of date, but looking at the plugin itself, I'm guessing it's recent? Also, is the BahaAnimationsModules recent? If so I might need that for...a thing.

Is there a changelog for the changes you made (in the broadest sense)?

Cheers, and thanks for doing this.:)

Edit:

• I seem to remember "FSengineMenuCleaner" throws NRE's
  • Aerospike uses the old Velocity curve (which I think is out of favor?)
  • wings use (I think) old Far stuff, not nuFar (not sure); at the very least a patch would need to kill the drag values
Edited by Deimos Rast

2 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@linuxgurugamer

Didn't see a new thread, so here I be.

The version file for the firespitter plugin is way out of date, but looking at the plugin itself, I'm guessing it's recent? Also, is the BahaAnimationsModules recent? If so I might need that for...a thing.

Is there a changelog for the changes you made (in the broadest sense)?

Cheers, and thanks for doing this.:)

Edit:

• I seem to remember "FSengineMenuCleaner" throws NRE's
  • Aerospike uses the old Velocity curve (which I think is out of favor?)
  • wings use (I think) old Far stuff, not nuFar (not sure); at the very least a patch would need to kill the drag values

There will be a new thread, soon.  For now, I released it on github and spacedock.

In what I released, the firespitter plugin is current.  The BahaAnimationsModules are recent and compiled for 1.1.3

Regarding changelog, I actually didn't change anything, yet, other than updating the plugins and testing.  You can get the release here:

http://spacedock.info/mod/836/QuizTechAeroPackContinued

Hey all :)

Sorry that I didn't respond to you linuxgurugamer, KSP hasn't been on my radar for quite some time (as I'm sure you are all aware lol). 

You are welcome to continue the work that you have already done to keep the pack alive. I'm glad that there are those out there who like the mod enough to keep it maintained :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2016 at 9:53 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Regarding changelog, I actually didn't change anything, yet, other than updating the plugins and testing.  You can get the release here:

Slight issue with renaming the main folder for several (if not all) parts:

[LOG 00:06:17.030] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'QuizTechAeroContinued/Parts/Structural/Mk2_Med_Nose/Mk2MedNose/mk2MedNose'
[ERR 00:06:17.033] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'QuizTechAero/Parts/Command/Mk2ProbeNose/Mk2ProbeNose' as model does not exist

21 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

Slight issue with renaming the main folder for several (if not all) parts:

[LOG 00:06:17.030] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'QuizTechAeroContinued/Parts/Structural/Mk2_Med_Nose/Mk2MedNose/mk2MedNose'
[ERR 00:06:17.033] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'QuizTechAero/Parts/Command/Mk2ProbeNose/Mk2ProbeNose' as model does not exist

Nuts.  Ok, I'll fix it this evening, thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.