[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

Hallo quiz! So I dont think this is part of the mod because it is WIP but my Mk1 vtols seem to have a sudden and inexplicable urge to gyrate in such a way to shake itself into pieces. I have checked to see if any parts are clipping but there was no clipping, this happens with baha adjustable landing gear and stock parts.

Hallo quiz! So I dont think this is part of the mod because it is WIP but my Mk1 vtols seem to have a sudden and inexplicable urge to gyrate in such a way to shake itself into pieces. I have checked to see if any parts are clipping but there was no clipping, this happens with baha adjustable landing gear and stock parts.

Yeah I have started to notice this as well! Not sure what's going on but I'm working on it :P

This is looking amazing, but I have a question, I see this has a RPM setup, I can't use RPM, my system has issues with running it for some reason, if I download this, will it just not have a IVA if I remove all the RPM configs, or will it not work at all?

This is looking amazing, but I have a question, I see this has a RPM setup, I can't use RPM, my system has issues with running it for some reason, if I download this, will it just not have a IVA if I remove all the RPM configs, or will it not work at all?

The IVA should still work, though it will be missing all of the RPM props and make it look pretty bare. I'll see about adding a Module Manager .cfg that allows for a pure stock IVA :)

Looking cool - I wonder whether the Mk1 cockpit pinches in a bit too much though.

Yeah I left it that way in case I wanted to add intakes to the sides, but I'm still on the fence about that.. Otherwise I'm going to smooth out the part near where it connects.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Thanks for all of your work. Your parts look great and add a lot to ksp.

Sometime maybe you will look into a cockpit that has side by side style for the pilots....

And any new VTOL engines would be great.

again, I am enjoying your mod....

thanks.

HI

Your VTOL is crazy! but it might be a bug somewhere, because on stock, once on flight at 1000m I cut all engines and I can fly indefinitely, I take some speed pushing down and loosing some altitude gaining speed of 70m/s, then I pull, gain altitude, loose speed and nose down at only 17m/s and so on, staying indefinitely at 1000m around launchpad.

I discover when trying to land on VTOL, the plane was never descending so I cut all power, but it's still flying.

That Mk1 without intakes (but with the smoothed connection) would be perfect in my eyes.

Darn, I already made the intakes! Hmm, well it might not be too much work to take em off and fit the texture to a non-intake version...

CBpnX2eh.png

HI

Your VTOL is crazy! but it might be a bug somewhere, because on stock, once on flight at 1000m I cut all engines and I can fly indefinitely, I take some speed pushing down and loosing some altitude gaining speed of 70m/s, then I pull, gain altitude, loose speed and nose down at only 17m/s and so on, staying indefinitely at 1000m around launchpad.

I discover when trying to land on VTOL, the plane was never descending so I cut all power, but it's still flying.

Weird, I have never come across that!

Edited by Quiznos323

A: that looks awsome,

B: while your still at work, strange thought:

is it possible to incorporate a fold-out ladder into a cockpit? like a mobility enhancer that is one part with the cockpit? would make fancy ladders :D, hidden when retracted, visable while not retarted (im only asking since you seem to be the lord and master of moving parts XD)

A: that looks awsome,

B: while your still at work, strange thought:

is it possible to incorporate a fold-out ladder into a cockpit? like a mobility enhancer that is one part with the cockpit? would make fancy ladders :D, hidden when retracted, visable while not retarted (im only asking since you seem to be the lord and master of moving parts XD)

This is possible, yes :) The KSOS shuttle cockpit does exactly that by using an animated ladder. I have not attempted this yet, but it is an interesting idea.

P.S. There is no way that I have earned such a title XD I am very much a beginner and still have much, much more to learn :) Thank you though!

Hello,

This is really nice mod, great job!

I want to bump the issue that Ramon91 mentioned earlier: When using FAR, the K-F.A.N. VTOL Lifter Section is generating excessive amount of drag. Actually so much that when my craft is flying faster than 150m/s, it disintegrates due to aerodynamic stresses :).

Anyway, I found that when I remove the ModuleResourceIntanke module from the part, the drag disappears. Obviously, I also lose the intake, so this is a poor fix. I also noticed that the excessive drag only appears when the craft is moving forward. When flying upwards (in the VTOL mode), the drag is normal. So this leads me to believe the issue happens only when the intake is oriented perpendicular to the direction of flight. No sure what can be done about it. Someone could ask in the FAR thread, maybe they would have a solution.

Hello,

This is really nice mod, great job!

I want to bump the issue that Ramon91 mentioned earlier: When using FAR, the K-F.A.N. VTOL Lifter Section is generating excessive amount of drag. Actually so much that when my craft is flying faster than 150m/s, it disintegrates due to aerodynamic stresses :).

Anyway, I found that when I remove the ModuleResourceIntanke module from the part, the drag disappears. Obviously, I also lose the intake, so this is a poor fix. I also noticed that the excessive drag only appears when the craft is moving forward. When flying upwards (in the VTOL mode), the drag is normal. So this leads me to believe the issue happens only when the intake is oriented perpendicular to the direction of flight. No sure what can be done about it. Someone could ask in the FAR thread, maybe they would have a solution.

Hi, thanks for the reminder :) I would try replacing ModuleResourceIntake with the code below. I'm not too familiar with FAR or I would try it out myself, but this might fix the intake issue (if I followed Taverius' instructions correctly lol).

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceIntake
resourceName = IntakeAir
checkForOxygen = true
area = 0.01
// base value is 0.01, divide by (mass / 0.01)
@area:NEEDS[!FerramAerospaceResearch&!NEAR] = 0.0001
// default is 0.2, multiply by sqroot(mass / 0.01)
unitScalar:NEEDS[!FerramAerospaceResearch&!NEAR] = 2.0
// default is 100, * (unitScalar + sqroot(mass / 0.01)) / (unitScalar + 1)
maxIntakeSpeed:NEEDS[!FerramAerospaceResearch&!NEAR] = 400.0
intakeTransformName = intake
}

If not then I'll look at other solutions.

Hi, thanks for the reminder :) I would try replacing ModuleResourceIntake with the code below. I'm not too familiar with FAR or I would try it out myself, but this might fix the intake issue (if I followed Taverius' instructions correctly lol).

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceIntake
resourceName = IntakeAir
checkForOxygen = true
area = 0.01
// base value is 0.01, divide by (mass / 0.01)
@area:NEEDS[!FerramAerospaceResearch&!NEAR] = 0.0001
// default is 0.2, multiply by sqroot(mass / 0.01)
unitScalar:NEEDS[!FerramAerospaceResearch&!NEAR] = 2.0
// default is 100, * (unitScalar + sqroot(mass / 0.01)) / (unitScalar + 1)
maxIntakeSpeed:NEEDS[!FerramAerospaceResearch&!NEAR] = 400.0
intakeTransformName = intake
}

If not then I'll look at other solutions.

FAR handles intakes differently, so you need to make a custom FAR drag config. Ferram4 had to make one for my Mk2 Lightning cockpit since it had built-in intakes. You should go ask him about it.

FAR handles intakes differently, so you need to make a custom FAR drag config. Ferram4 had to make one for my Mk2 Lightning cockpit since it had built-in intakes. You should go ask him about it.

Ok, I'll send him a message then. It would be great to learn how to make them too, just so I wouldn't have to bug him every time that I make a large part with intakes lol!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.