Odd artifact while zooming map/randomly flashing in flight

This isn't static, thankfully, but: every time I flip to the map view I get this expanding white disk centred on a vessel if I zoom, only for the duration of the actual zoom process. I've also got a rather annoying flashing white shape every now and then in the actual flight scene which might actually be centred on something in kerbin orbit, I guess. Odd thing is all I've changed recently I can remember is removed collisionfx.

16454722990_1c5f5b612d_b.jpg

I'm sure I've actually come across this in previous versions, but no idea what it was caused by.

Edit: narrowed it down a bit to something to do with my station: turning everythign that looks emissive off hasn't changed anything, so now I'm at a bit of a loss.

Edited by Van Disaster

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've seen this a couple of times recently, though in a bit of a different context. In one case, I had just come back to a vessel from another one, and there was an odd white disk sitting sort of askew right in the docking port. I decided that it wasn't "really there" and ignored it... when I maneuvered the vessel, it went soaring off! Weird. Then, a few days later, I went to pick up a rescuee from the surface of Minmus, and there was one on the ground next to her... again, once things started moving, it went zooming off. (I wondered if the Ship of Lights from the old Battlestar Galactica was lurking about somewhere...)

(I have Distant Object Enhancement, and I have recently been experimenting with -force -opengl, so if those have something to do with it, it seems logical.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.