The Positive Forum Movement (Updated 4 December 2015)

Deddly

A change always makes a difference; you can't change something without making some kind of difference, even if the difference is very small. :P

Kinda off topic but why is it that evreything vexx says would be an amazing quote. Oh, and cool idea, minecraft forum needs to get this too.

One of the best threads that I have read in a long time! I totally support this movement!

One of my favorite quotes which parallels very closely to the idea of this thread:

"Correction does much, but encouragement does more."

Edited by SpaceExplorer
Spelling and Grammar

Do you mind if I put the link in my sig?

That would be encouraging to see. Anyone who supports the idea is of course more than welcome to include a link in their signature. If you do that, think carefully about the fact that people will look to you as an example - you'll need to keep that in mind for every post you write

Edited by Deddly

Nice to see that, TGN! Would look even better if you fit the hyperlink into some text (like I've done in mine) but of course it's your sig and you are free to set it as you like :)

Here's a quick template for that, if you don't know how. Simply type (or even copy and paste!) the following:

[NOPARSE]The Positive Forum Movement!*[/NOPARSE]

...it will end up looking like:

The Positive Forum Movement!*

*You can put whatever you want in here. "Check out this thread!" or the like would also work.

You can even color your link:

[NOPARSE] The Positive Forum Movement! [/NOPARSE]

...will give you:

The Positive Forum Movement!

I'm just throwing this out there because this is a great thread, and I would love to see others link to it. Thanks for making this Deddly!

-Upsilon

Edited by UpsilonAerospace

Hahaha the first two comments are hilarious XD. My name is Joe, and I approve this post. *puts on philosophical Joe hat* Well said and as the golden rule says, treat others how you wish to be treated :). The bigger man is the one who refrains from harsh words, rather then relying on them. *takes off hat* ^-^

Anyone who supports the idea is of course more than welcome to include a link in their signature. If you do that, think carefully about the fact that people will look to you as an example - you'll need to keep that in mind for every post you write

Just reading through this thread again, as I have done many times already, and I too would love to put the link in my signature. Ideas like this would be a great way to help spread the concepts and goals of this thread throughout the entire forum.

All the best.

EDIT: There we go, it's in! All the best Deddly and I will for sure support this idea throughout the entire forum.

Edited by SpaceExplorer
Added information

SpaceExplorer, if you would like to support the idea and post in line with it, you are naturally very welcome to add the link in your signature too.

Oh, and Upsilon, thanks for posting an example template for those who don't know how to do it

• 1 month later...

I just thought i would post here to bump this up as i have been seeing the forums becoming quite sower with a few posts.

I would just like to remind every one that with 1.0 update lots of things have changed and the things that people have been used to for the past years are now different so everyone will take time to adjust and it is best being kind and helpful to everyone.

Also with all the publicity, a lot of new players have joined that are asking basic questions that long time players think are easy and intuitive, when in fact they can be very challenging with someone new to the game. Try to support them instead of just simply posting ''Use the search''. Although this is true they should, some may not be used to using internet forums and so you should kindly point out the feature to them while also trying to help them with their problem.

Finally, SQUAD has faced a lot of criticism. Most has been constructive although some posts have been quite blunt or angry seeming. Remember guys, this is SQUAD! This is the first and only early access game that i have played that has been released successfully and i am sure SQUAD is trying their best with balancing and such however they can not make everyone happy in the game vs simulator clash. Compromises will be made and make your opinion heard but constructively.

Most importantly, read the OP of this thread!

• 1 month later...

Worir, I think your post is very relevant right now, too...

Seems to come in waves, but I've also noticed some people carefully trying to keep things constructive, which is very encouraging.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a big feud with someone here about a year ago, It ended up hurting a lot of people... I know better now. I'm here to have fun and help, and I'll try to keep that positivity wherever.

I approve this post and it is very relevant at the moment.

I believe negativity can be warranted under a majority of situations and also serve constructive purposes. It is unlikely you can get your point across unless you really hammer down your opinions.

That being said I believe there is no reason not to treat other forum-goers and their opinions with the highest level of respect. You should be able to express your opinions to the fullest extent without putting other people down in the process.

Question. What if they are the most worst people ever and they deserve to be treated poorly? Can we treat them the way they want to be treated?

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Mind the language, please.

Question. What if they are the most worst people ever and they deserve to be treated poorly? Can we treat them the way they want to be treated?
I think that would be fighting fire with fire. Report post; call a fireman to deal with it, instead :) Edited by Red Iron Crown
Fixed quote

What they "deserve" and what they want are probably very different. You will never regret being kind and civil with someone, but you may regret being a jerk to them even if they have it coming and doing so only increases the overall level of jerkiness here.

And yes, press the report post button, let the moderation team handle the user as appropriate so you don't have to bring yourself down to their level. :)

As I've said multiple times in the past to multiple people: Ultimately, you're accountable for your own behavior regardless of what the other person did first. Someone else breaking the rules doesn't excuse your own obligation to follow them in dealing with that person. Always strive to take the high road; don't let someone else drag you down to their level.

And, as others have already pointed out, should there be any real need for a particular poster to be corrected, the "Report Post" button will quickly and discreetly alert those of us who are appropriately equipped to take action.

yup as exemple that mainly why i rarely get out the subforum ; ) not being really known to be much diplomatic (an old siggy ; ) and a rules respectfull model but more right straight sarcastic and ironic way to speach when speaking around a few specifics things or two which often end bad ... knowing that about myself i camp there not to disturb the mod team too much ; )

(kinda the same kind of thing zekes spoke about earlier in this thread more or less)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''