The Positive Forum Movement (Updated 4 December 2015)

Deddly

7 hours ago, Deddly said:

See how he makes it subjective by saying "I would love..." instead of "You should make more..." or "When are we going to get...?"
It's a small thing, but it changes the entire tone of the post and makes the whole thread so much more enjoyable to read.

The first rule of communication: Use "I" statements instead of "You" statements. "I have an issue with how you do things" makes it your problem, not theirs. "You did it wrong" just puts them on the defensive and they shut down and block out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This thread is a treasure, and it has been forgotten for too long. Time to bump it up.

I was thinking something the other day. A long train of thought, which somehow made its way to the KSP Forum. I don't remember exactly how I came to that conclusion, but I realized this: I'm about the same age, or older, than some of you folks' parents. And I can think of at least one friend I've made in this forum that's as old as, or older than, my own parents. I think that's something magical about this place (and this game).

11 minutes ago, monstah said:

And I can think of at least one friend I've made in this forum that's as old as, or older than, my own parents. I think that's something magical about this place (and this game).

Last I checked, we are about the same age - so I know you're not talking about me... hopefully! (the part about being older than your own parents! :P)

In all seriousness, @monstah, you're among the few friends I have met through this forum and the game. I, too, am grateful for both.

The great thing about a typed forum is that if you are upset at something you have read, you are under no obligation to type it out, and can just rant quietly to yourself and move on. On the opposite side, if you have read something that is helpful or funny or inspiring, you can like or leave a positive comment that not only has the ability to brighten someones day, but might inspire them to post more stuff you like. When people treat each other well, then age is just a number that doesn't matter in the forum. I put no importance on age, gender,nationality,heritage,sexuality and the like. All that matters is how you treat others. Enough people on this forum treat each other well to make a good and safe feeling place to be. If you do come across the rare rotten apple, just let the moderators know quietly and then move on to happier things.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 11:07 PM, monstah said:

This thread is a treasure, and it has been forgotten for too long. Time to bump it up.

I was thinking something the other day. A long train of thought, which somehow made its way to the KSP Forum. I don't remember exactly how I came to that conclusion, but I realized this: I'm about the same age, or older, than some of you folks' parents. And I can think of at least one friend I've made in this forum that's as old as, or older than, my own parents. I think that's something magical about this place (and this game).

I was thinking that there is a decent possibility that the age gaps between the oldest forum member and the youngest could be as much as a hundred years. It creates a very wide mix of members from experienced professionals that play KSP with a lot of other knowledge to young people playing the game for fun (i guess)? it’s amazing how large this community is (especially the modding one) for a game of this size.