[0.17] Electrical Energy Plugin | v1.5 (Oct 12)

Kreuzung

Ion engines...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Ion engines...

• ...should stay infinite (only using energy)
    • ...should use a bit of normal fuel too
    • ...should use a bit of RCS fuel
    • ...should have their own fuel type
    • ... are for idiots (do not vote for this option!)

You need MuMechLib v1.8.4.1

Isn\'t MuMechLib v1.8.4.1 the one that comes with the hullcam plugin?

Maybe it\'s just me but that one messes up the electricity plugins, and the hullcam also works with MuMechLib v1.8.4.

I\'m sorry. But where do i put the source folder?

The source folder is not needed for the plugin to work.

Isn\'t MuMechLib v1.8.4.1 the one that comes with the hullcam plugin?

Maybe it\'s just me but that one messes up the electricity plugins, and the hullcam also works with MuMechLib v1.8.4.

The source folder is not needed for the plugin to work.

i went and got the dll from the fixed cam plugin, and it fixed the zo2 filters. but it broke the dynavolt panels!

they deploy and all, but there is no power generated!

i went and got the dll from the fixed cam plugin, and it fixed the zo2 filters. but it broke the dynavolt panels!

I got the filter working with mumechlib v1.8.4 by adding

key=F11

to the end of the filter cfg

(then use F11 to turn the filter on/off)

To bad the filter can not be turned on if it\'s on a stage that\'s not active. I\'m not sure if that normally possible via the filter\'s popup menu, which does not work for me.

If you read couple last pages of DynaSat thread, you\'d find this answer:

For MuMechLin 1.8.4.1 and the Electrical energy 1.2 use this build of PowerTech-MuMech adapter: http://www./?m78tmg6vsxdsrld

Stupid version check!!!

If you are updating interrelated plugins, ensure to update all of them! ;)

I got the filter working with mumechlib v1.8.4 by adding

key=F11

to the end of the filter cfg

(then use F11 to turn the filter on/off)

To bad the filter can not be turned on if it\'s on a stage that\'s not active. I\'m not sure if that normally possible via the filter\'s popup menu, which does not work for me.

im missing something.

if i use 1.8.4, the filter is not selectable in the VAB. it simply says not available in this version

if i use 1.8.4.1 (the one from the fixed camera) then i can select, install, and fly with working filters but the dynavolt panels no longer generate any power.

If you are updating interrelated plugins, ensure to update all of them! ;)

It\'s just that it\'s not immediately obvious which one are interrelated. omg dependency hell

Moreover, i am using that PowerTech_MuMech.dll (version 1.0.3.0) but mumechlib 1.8.4.1 gives me problems that 1.8.4 doesn\'t.

Only issue i currently have is that the zo2filter shows no popup menu. Well, that and a hullcam that used to work doesn\'t work anymore, but a hullcam on newly build craft does work...

im missing something.

It could well be something weird on my end.

Have your tried the PowerTech_MuMech.dll that Alchemist mentioned?

I used the newest MuMechLib from here:

http://svn.mumech.com/KSP/trunk/Releases/

I assume that\'s the lone MuMechLib.dll (not zipped) in there? That\'s 1.8.4.1

Filters should work on every stage in the next version.

Very nice.

It\'s just that it\'s not immediately obvious which one are interrelated. omg dependency hell

Moreover, i am using that PowerTech_MuMech.dll (version 1.0.3.0) but mumechlib 1.8.4.1 gives me problems that 1.8.4 doesn\'t.

Only issue i currently have is that the zo2filter shows no popup menu. Well, that and a hullcam that used to work doesn\'t work anymore, but a hullcam on newly build craft does work...

About PowerTech_MuMech.dll (version 1.0.3.0): there\'re 2 builds of the adapter-plugin with the same version number (forgot to change the number, but also there\'s nothing new, just recompiled for the new release of MuMechLib):

PowerTech 0.2.5 + MuMechLib 1.8.4

PowerTech 0.2.5 + MuMechLib 1.8.4.1

The only problem is that in KSP 0.15 that stupid dependency resolver is checking the version numbers of the called plugin and refuses to call the function is they\'re different (but you can rewrite half of the plugin without changing the number and it won\'t throw the error). So that forces us to recompile the dependent plugins for every release of the main ones :(

Very nice.

that worked! edit: mostly

getting all the versions to line up is apparently key.

now i wont copy a thing to that folder until new versions of everything arrive.

the panels show power generation, the filters do refill the zo2 tanks, but the batteries do not refill.

once they go down, they stay empty.

i give up for today.......

Hey guys, i have a problem with the Ion engine, i have a mapping satellite around Mun and i wanted to change it\'s inclination, but the Ion engine won\'t start up. I have even restarted the game and that didn\'t work either.

Could someone please just say i have missed something?

Edit: The Ion engine is fine when i just start a new vessel. Just my satellites engine that doesn\'t work.

Hey guys, i have a problem with the Ion engine, i have a mapping satellite around Mun and i wanted to change it\'s inclination, but the Ion engine won\'t start up. I have even restarted the game and that didn\'t work either.

Could someone please just say i have missed something?

Edit: The Ion engine is fine when i just start a new vessel. Just my satellites engine that doesn\'t work.

First of all, you have wrong config files for DynaVolt panels (these versions of panels have different power gauges, so I see that you have the basic version, that doesn\'t actually recharge anything) - please install the MuMech compatible version to use them with this plugin.

Second, the battery is drained: that\'s MuMech tank glitch - maximum capacity being reset to current amount when reloading/returning to craft. So the battery contains less fuel energy than your engine consumes per frame and the engine doesn\'t work (battery kill protection).

that worked! edit: mostly

getting all the versions to line up is apparently key.

now i wont copy a thing to that folder until new versions of everything arrive.

the panels show power generation, the filters do refill the zo2 tanks, but the batteries do not refill.

once they go down, they stay empty.

i give up for today.......

Read the previous post.

And install this build of PowerTech_Mumech.dll (version for MuMechLib 1.8.4.1):

http://www./download.php?m78tmg6vsxdsrld

First of all, you have wrong config files for DynaVolt panels (these versions of panels have different power gauges, so I see that you have the basic version, that doesn\'t actually recharge anything) - please install the MuMech compatible version to use them with this plugin.

Second, the battery is drained: that\'s MuMech tank glitch - maximum capacity being reset to current amount when reloading/returning to craft. So the battery contains less fuel energy than your engine consumes per frame and the engine doesn\'t work (battery kill protection).

Thanks, i redownloaded the whole thing, works like a charm now. :)

The solar panel? It\'s just a glitch in the part selection menu, it works fine.

If they are really greyed out, you need the newest MuMechLib (1.8.4.1, MechJeb contains an older one, use the one from fixed cameras) and version 1.2 of this.

Status update, I added a new and better energy system using part resources. I broke the folding solar panels doing that, but I already have an idea how to fix them. Next things will be a generic generator part module and (finally) space station modules (they might take a while).

rtg.png

My first real model, what do you think?

That\'s looking good.

Do you plan to release a bug fix first (filters can be turned on only on the active stage) or wait until the next release with new parts?

Btw i don\'t know if maybe i\'m doing something wrong but i had a battery die on me (won\'t recharge). In the OP you say the battery die bug was fixed in 1.2?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.