[WIP] [1.12.x] Roster Manager - 0.3.0.1 KSP 1.12.x Compatibility Edition - 13 Feb 2022

Papa_Joe

Any news on progress?

Got side tracked wtih issues and features on Ship Manifest.

With the release of SM 4.4, with Docked Vessel transfer support, I went back to Roster Manager.

Just plumbed the ability to manually change your Kerbal Skill and Experience.

Looking at the achievements portion now, to get some history and see if it can be manipulated.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok, I have the following in place:

1. Roster window with kerbal selection and a grid of data. Some action buttons. deepFreeze aware.

2. Various planned edit sections (tab based) with placeholder sections as I build out.

3. Training section allows you to alter the experience and skill of your kerbals.

4. History section contains the flight log found in the save file.

Plans:

As the OP suggests. I am now looking at the persistence model I plan to use to store the additional data that I will be generating / maintaining.

I'm going to clean up the Roster Window action buttons, and then release an alpha (0.1) for folks to look at / play with. Long way to go to full completion, but some functionality there now.

Nice! Thanks for the update.

NP.

Okay, initial release of alpha on KerbalStuff.

Version 0.1.0.0 xx Jun 2015 - Initial alpha release

- Roster interface based on Roster window from Ship Manifest, but greatly enhanced (sorting, more detail)

- In flight controls removed. These will stay in Ship Manifest. Roster Manager will not be visible in Flight scene.

- Kerbal manager Tab buttons for various areas to manage.

- Support for DeepFreeze cryo canisters. Frozen kerbals are displayed with assigned vessel.

- Attributes Tab, contains kerbal editing found in SM. However, all kerbals can be edited.

- Training Tab contains ability to edit kerbal skill and experience

- History tab contains kerbal's flight history.

- KSP-AVC aware and CKAN listed.

Long way to go, like I said, but this much is working.

Should I go ahead and make a release thread, or leave it here for awhile...?

Edited by Papa_Joe

NP.

- Roster interface based on Roster window from Ship Manifest, but greatly enhanced (sorting, more detail)

- In flight controls removed. These will stay in Ship Manifest. Roster Manager will not be visible in Flight scene.

- Support for DeepFreeze cryo canisters. Frozen kerbals are displayed with assigned vessel.

- Attributes Tab, contains kerbal editing found in SM. However, all kerbals can be edited.

Awesome Work!! Well done.

NP.

I'd say leave it here while still being fully developed and start a release thread when you are comfortable with it being feature complete.

- - - Updated - - -

A little confused by the history tab. I have a Kerbal named Girina who is lvl 0 1XP that has an extensive flight history, Kerbin orbits and EVA, Minmus Orbits and EVA's. Another Kerbal named Alelyn who is mymost experienced Kerbalnaught at level 1 XP 7 has no flight history.

I see now. Available Kerbals have no flight history, History only seems to be available for assigned Kerbals. What do the numbers in front of the history items represent?

Edited by Gristle

I'd say leave it here while still being fully developed and start a release thread when you are comfortable with it being feature complete.

- - - Updated - - -

A little confused by the history tab. I have a Kerbal named Girina who is lvl 0 1XP that has an extensive flight history, Kerbin orbits and EVA, Minmus Orbits and EVA's. Another Kerbal named Alelyn who is mymost experienced Kerbalnaught at level 1 XP 7 has no flight history.

I see now. Available Kerbals have no flight history, History only seems to be available for assigned Kerbals. What do the numbers in front of the history items represent?

The data is from the kerbal FlightLog.Entry. the first number is Flight, the second value is target, and the third is type. still working out what all this means. I'm a noob in this area atm. :D

I'll post more of what I learn as I get more comfortable with the object model and what I can do with it...

It looks like I can create my own entries, and I'm sure that some of the other mods I'm planning on integrating with will teach me LOADS...

Edited by Papa_Joe

Roster Manager works in KSP 1.0.3

New version out.

Version 0.1.0.1 23 Jun 2015 - 1.0.3 and DeepFreeze compatability

- Updated DFInterface.dll to latest version (0.16.0.2)

- updated KSP assembly references to KSP ver 1.0.3

If you use DeepFreeze you will need the latest version to work with Roster Manager.

New version out.

Version 0.1.0.1 23 Jun 2015 - 1.0.3 and DeepFreeze compatability

- Updated DFInterface.dll to latest version (0.16.0.2)

- updated KSP assembly references to KSP ver 1.0.3

If you use DeepFreeze you will need the latest version to work with Roster Manager.

This is great.. Love how it integrates with DeepFreeze as well.

Can't wait to see you build out the different tabs for the kerbals.

Hello!! :)

First of all, loved the idea you had for creating a mod like this :)

Second, I downloaded your mod but for some reason I can't make it to work...

I load my save game and tried to give max experience and stars for my kerbals, but when I go build a rocket/ship/aircraft, the stats of my kerbals return to the normal stats they had before editing..

The only mod i'm using is ForScience! Continued, and I'm using v1.0.4 of the game.

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, so I would really appreciate some help please :/

Edited by bbb18

I'll investigate this issue.

I had tested saving and reloading the game to verify the changes "stick", but only in a sandbox environment. Was this in a career game? I'm assuming you saved the changes using the buttons at the bottom of the editor?

I'm also working on expanding that section as we speak, so expect changes in that area soon.

Update:

Okay, I've duplicated the issue.

I'll be correcting it in the next release. Several other changes coming as well. Now creating an active management system for experience and multiple professions. I'm working out the persistence for scene changes and saves now.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Yes, i was using in career mode. I made the changes, applied in the editor, saved the game and while in the game in the astronaut complex the changes sticked, but as soon as i tried to build a rocket or an aircraft, or even loaded the saved game, the changes went back to normal...

Thanks for looking up to this! Will ansiously wait for the next release! If you need to test i'll be glad to help you! ;)

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Yes, i was using in career mode. I made the changes, applied in the editor, saved the game and while in the game in the astronaut complex the changes sticked, but as soon as i tried to build a rocket or an aircraft, or even loaded the saved game, the changes went back to normal...

Thanks for looking up to this! Will ansiously wait for the next release! If you need to test i'll be glad to help you! ;)

I appreciate the offer to assist. I usually play sandbox, so I don't have a mature career game to use. I will end up needing one tho, as I start to flesh out the behavioral changes to game play as I add features.

A long way to go with this mod... This one is pretty ambitious for me.

Perhaps you could look at KerbalStat and FinalFrontier? They both are looking at doing different aspects of what you are doing as well. Perhaps a common effort or common format?

Edited by Murdabenne

Perhaps you could look at KerbalStat and FinalFrontier? They both are looking at doing different aspects of what you are doing as well. Perhaps a common effort or common format?

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking at both, as well as others. There are several mods that do portions of what I'm envisioning..

• 2 weeks later...

Can I suggest that, instead of "terminating" a Kerbal, you figure out how to mark him/her as "Retired"? When Neil left the space program, we didn't get rid of all of his information, he just didn't go on any more space flights.

Also... I'm really loving the ideas you have here. I'd like to echo what someone said above about tic-tacking with Nereid over at Final Frontier, as I love that mod too. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet mod! Thanks for your work! I have the same issue as bbb18 with the changes to my kerbals not sticking at all in career mode. Tried a few different ways to get it to save properly but never seemed to work. Big bummer as this was the main reason for getting the mod but looking forward to the fix, whenever it comes!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long absence. Several significant changes in my real life required my complete attention. I'm now getting back to continuing development of this mod.

I hope to have a new release out soon addressing the issues above. I will not be enabling the active management features yet.

Thanks for your patience!

The data is from the kerbal FlightLog.Entry. the first number is Flight, the second value is target, and the third is type. still working out what all this means. I'm a noob in this area atm. :D

I'll post more of what I learn as I get more comfortable with the object model and what I can do with it...

It looks like I can create my own entries, and I'm sure that some of the other mods I'm planning on integrating with will teach me LOADS...

I would like to see this join into the Final Frontier mod for support with medals and career records. I would also suggest you take a look at KeepFit - Kerbal fitness degradation. By timmers_UK. As a way to get data on individual Kerbal health. This gives a health score which degrades on long flights. Which is balanced out by the crew pod size and exercise opportunity on-board the current flight. This can perhaps help you shape the medical history or roster position of each Kerbal. See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67739

Edited by nobodyhasthis

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the absence lately. My family issues have been eating more time than I had originally expected. I have spent some time on my mods, but it has been sporadic. It looks like this weekend may prove to be a good time for me to crank out some updates...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.