[WIP] [1.12.x] Roster Manager - 0.3.0.1 KSP 1.12.x Compatibility Edition - 13 Feb 2022

Papa_Joe

I'm running 1.1 and when I want to use the roster manager button it's nowhere to be found in the toolbar.  It worked right after installing the mod but now after some use, it is not loading the RM mod.  I checked the debug and says 

Log: addonloader: instantiating addon 'RMAddon' from assembly 'RosterManager'

then it says 

warning: the referenced script on this behaviour is  missing!

it lists the previous warning message about 9 times 

• 2 weeks later...

When updating the Skill levels, they aren't permanent.

1)  I upgraded a Kerbal from Level 2 to Level 3.

2)  In Astronaut Complex, confirmed Kerbal had three stars.

3)  Exited AC and went to VAB

4)  Exited VAB and returned to AC.  Kerbal now back to two stars 

Edited by Apollo13

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update on this mod.  We have been busy updating other mods that are "in production".  So, this one has been back-burnered for a bit.   Rest assured, we are going to revisit it, and add new functionality as we go.  there are many ideas still left to implement.

Thanks for your patience, and we will return to it.

• 1 month later...

Just another Update. now that SM and CLS are out in the wild for 1.1.3, I will now have time to spend on this mod.  JPLRepo also is freeing up some time, so expect some love in this direction very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update.  I've been working on RM the past couple of days.  I have a new compile working in 1.1.3, and I'm adding a couple of small features.   One is the ability to change the Type and Status of a Kerbal... there are implications to this, so I'm testing the validation logic right now.

For those that have experienced kerbals going missing in game, and i mean actually disappear, either from mod errors or personal errors in editing the game save, this may allow you to recover them.  

Yes you can "undead" your kerbals, and recover missing kerbals also... :) 

I hope to release tonight (US central time)

On 5/4/2016 at 8:28 PM, Apollo13 said:

When updating the Skill levels, they aren't permanent.

1)  I upgraded a Kerbal from Level 2 to Level 3.

2)  In Astronaut Complex, confirmed Kerbal had three stars.

3)  Exited AC and went to VAB

4)  Exited VAB and returned to AC.  Kerbal now back to two stars 

I'll take a look at this... no promises for the next release, but it is on my radar...

Edited by Papa_Joe

New Release.

Version 0.2.3.0 28 Jul 2016
 - Changes to re-compile for KSP 1.1.3
 - Added Items to Medical Tab:  Kerbal Type, and Roster Status. added validation and warnings to ensure user knows the impact of changing these settings.
 - Refactored tooltips to improve readability.
 - Fix bug with Tourist Kerbal Types.  Tourist Kerbal Type is now supported.

More work to follow... @JPLRepo has some things he is going to do as well... stay tuned.  much more to come with this mod... it has not been forgotten.

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 7/29/2016 at 0:52 AM, Papa_Joe said:

New Release.

Version 0.2.3.0 28 Jul 2016
 - Changes to re-compile for KSP 1.1.3
 - Added Items to Medical Tab:  Kerbal Type, and Roster Status. added validation and warnings to ensure user knows the impact of changing these settings.
 - Refactored tooltips to improve readability.
 - Fix bug with Tourist Kerbal Types.  Tourist Kerbal Type is now supported.

More work to follow... @JPLRepo has some things he is going to do as well... stay tuned.  much more to come with this mod... it has not been forgotten.

Alright!  Trying it out now.  I'm digging the space for notes.  Also, it has alot of potential!  (So many interesting menus with such possibilities).

I would love to be able to use the scheduling tab to set up a flight line (something simple perhaps preventing Kerbals from doing back to back flights).  Perhaps a stand-down time after missions?  

And the medical tab could totally integrated with LS mods such as Kerbalism and USI-LS to allow penalties to be created when Kerbals exceed hab time/homesickness (USI) or go crazy (Kerbalism).  This could be what finally adds an "RPG" mode to KSP, which is something I've been dreaming of for sooooooo long. :D

One question:  Could there conceivably be any game impact from changing a Kerbal's last name?  Like even a worse case scenerio?  Sometimes I get bored with "Kerman" and want to spice things up with an assortment of "Ker-something" family names.

Edited by autumnalequinox

1 hour ago, autumnalequinox said:

Alright!  Trying it out now.  I'm digging the space for notes.  Also, it has alot of potential!  (So many interesting menus with such possibilities).

I would love to be able to use the scheduling tab to set up a flight line (something simple perhaps preventing Kerbals from doing back to back flights).  Perhaps a stand-down time after missions?  

And the medical tab could totally integrated with LS mods such as Kerbalism and USI-LS to allow penalties to be created when Kerbals exceed hab time/homesickness (USI) or go crazy (Kerbalism).  This could be what finally adds an "RPG" mode to KSP, which is something I've been dreaming of for sooooooo long. :D

One question:  Could there conceivably be any game impact from changing a Kerbal's last name?  Like even a worse case scenerio?  Sometimes I get bored with "Kerman" and want to spice things up with an assortment of "Ker-something" family names.

Indeed, that is the vision.  Somewhere along the line we will add crew rotations, team bonuses for crews that train together, simulator flights... there is a mod out there that lets you fly simulated flights... we want to integrate with that as well... so you would have training time on the ground that can boost your experience... much we can do with this... 

Unfortunately with the quick progression from beta to now, many changes occurred.  So we are playing catch up with other mods... but this has definitely not been forgotten....

To answer your question about naming... there is now no impact to renaming.  There used to be an issue with Traits (Professions), but KSP has caught up, and now the name and the profession are no longer linked... Rename to your heart's content!

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Testing this with 1.2.  Creating a periodic budget career with Play Your Way, Alt Funding, and this for salaried employees.

As far as I can tell, hiring still has the ever-increasing costs even with salaries on.  I'd prefer the ridiculous hiring costs be disabled when the reasonable salary costs are enabled. :wink:  Thanks for your work!

• 6 months later...
12 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

It probably won't work for sure. It's on my list. But my list is long. Perhaps @Papa_Joe has some time.

Since interest was posed, I will make time, and JPLRepo is right.  it will need some love to make it 1.3 happy.

Spent a bit of time on this mod.  got it running in 1.3, and have done some clean up and set up localization (using @TriggerAu's localization VS extension Thanks!),  going through some minor logic issues and reviewing the forum thread for outstanding bugs.

Should be a release soon for this.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:03 AM, klgraham1013 said:

Testing this with 1.2.  Creating a periodic budget career with Play Your Way, Alt Funding, and this for salaried employees.

As far as I can tell, hiring still has the ever-increasing costs even with salaries on.  I'd prefer the ridiculous hiring costs be disabled when the reasonable salary costs are enabled. :wink:  Thanks for your work!

Given that there are always costs associated with hiring (recruitment, interviews, reviews, benefits etc.), I don't believe this should be eliminated.  maybe it is greatly reduced with the salary feature on.

Thoughts?

Edited by Papa_Joe

54 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Spent a bit of time on this mod.  got it running in 1.3, and have done some clean up and set up localization (using @TriggerAu's localization VS extension Thanks!),  going through some minor logic issues and reviewing the forum thread for outstanding bugs.

Should be a release soon for this.

Given that there are always costs associated with hiring (recruitment, interviews, reviews, benefits etc.), I don't believe this should be eliminated.  maybe it is greatly reduced with the salary feature on.

Thoughts?

There are costs.  Just not ever increasing costs for every new hire.  As we just hired four new employees in my department.  I'm fairly certain finding and hiring the 4th wasn't substantially more expensive than the 1st.

5 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

There are costs.  Just not ever increasing costs for every new hire.  As we just hired four new employees in my department.  I'm fairly certain finding and hiring the 4th wasn't substantially more expensive than the 1st.

I'm thinking maybe separate it KSC tier.  not tech level.  when you upgrade your KSC, then the costs go up... when you get to the Top level KSC, then cost go up.  but not after that.  consider it increasing costs due expertise and facilities, but not a huge bump, still a bump. Costs to operate do go up as the facilities are improved... (more people involved in the process, tools, etc... ) and maybe limit it to the Astronaut comlex upgrades?

sound good?

Edited by Papa_Joe

1 minute ago, Papa_Joe said:

I'm thinking maybe separate it KSC tier.  not tech level.  when you upgrade your KSC, then the costs go up... when you get to the Top level KSC, then cost go up.  but not after that.  consider it increasing costs due expertise and facilities, but not a huge bump, still a bump. Costs to operate to go up as the facilities are imrpoved... (more people involved in the process, tools, etc... )

sound good?

Meh.  Sure.  As long as the costs don't rise absurdly.  Bear in mind, in every other game that comes to mind, hiring cost and than unit upkeep don't increase as your level grows.  Perhaps what would make more sense would be upkeep on the buildings themselves.  ...but, if that's not possible, I suppose a bump in hiring costs is an okay extrapolation of that idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.