[WIP] [1.12.x] Roster Manager - 0.3.0.1 KSP 1.12.x Compatibility Edition - 13 Feb 2022

Papa_Joe

Update:

New version out.

Version 0.2.5.0 12 Jun 2017
 - Changes to re-compile for KSP 1.3
 - Added localiztion based on KSP 1.3 localization.  English included to start.  Assistance welcome for other lanaguages.
 - Code style cleanup.  standardized strings using string interpolation.
 - Added some more tool tips where needed. Cleaned up Tooltip display code.
 - Regorganized settings window to support tabbed sections.
 - Rebuilt List management to improve performance, and revised filtering and sorting.
 - Revised Rosterlist headers to display active sort field & sort direction.

Enjoy!

3 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Update:

New version out.

Version 0.2.5.0 12 Jun 2017
 - Changes to re-compile for KSP 1.3
 - Added localiztion based on KSP 1.3 localization.  English included to start.  Assistance welcome for other lanaguages.
 - Code style cleanup.  standardized strings using string interpolation.
 - Added some more tool tips where needed. Cleaned up Tooltip display code.
 - Regorganized settings window to support tabbed sections.
 - Rebuilt List management to improve performance, and revised filtering and sorting.
 - Revised Rosterlist headers to display active sort field & sort direction.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your work!

just checking back with this mod as I see it is now out for 1.3  I will install it in my 1.3 save and give it a go.  but I just had one question.  as I have used Final Frontier in every career save I have ever played.  Will this replace Final Frontier in the ribbons and medals department?  or work along side it, and still require FF for the actual awarding of medals or ribbons?

2 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

just checking back with this mod as I see it is now out for 1.3  I will install it in my 1.3 save and give it a go.  but I just had one question.  as I have used Final Frontier in every career save I have ever played.  Will this replace Final Frontier in the ribbons and medals department?  or work along side it, and still require FF for the actual awarding of medals or ribbons?

There are plans to integrate with Final Frontier.  However, as this is still apha, those plans have not yet been realized.  Please continue to use Final Frontier.  This mod will add other features that you may find useful. Even when we do integrate with Final Frontier, RM will work along side FF, not replace it.

Edited by Papa_Joe

also looking at design note I see some cross over to things like Keep fit, Kerbal health etc.  will this again work along side this sort of mod? or replace them?  I have used things like Keep Fit, Kerbal health, and kabin krazy etc. on and off in my various saves. and also USI-LS which does some of the same thing.  and I liked the idea of cramped quarters affecting Kerbals mentally and physically.  so again just wondering will this replace these sorts of mods or just work along side?  I know... alpha stage... no real answers ...  wait and see.  but just in general did you plan to work along side mods or replace mods?  either is fine with me and both have their merits, I am just curious as to your leanings.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

8 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

also looking at design note I see some cross over to things like Keep fit, Kerbal health etc.  will this again work along side this sort of mod? or replace them?  I have used things like Keep Fit, Kerbal health, and kabin krazy etc. on and off in my various saves. and also USI-LS which does some of the same thing.  and I liked the idea of cramped quarters affecting Kerbals mentally and physically.  so again just wondering will this replace these sorts of mods or just work along side?  I know... alpha stage... no real answers ...  wait and see.  but just in general did you plan to work along side mods or replace mods?  either is fine with me and both have their merits, I am just curious as to your leanings.

The current plan is not to replace those mods but to integrate.  What we plan to provide is a single interface to many of the features that these mods provide.  So, you will have an "integrated" dashboard so to speak that combine the features of several mods into one control panel.  Now that is not to say that if we decide to "do it our way" that we might not create our own way of doing performing a given function.  In those cases, you can choose through the interface to either use our method, or use the integrated mod's method.

I've always been about choice, so I prefer to let the player decide what is best for them.

Edited by Papa_Joe

ah ok sounds like a good method. 

will be checking back on this as time goes on as all your mods have always been on my mod list when they are available for my game version.  so I am always looking at new things you make.

other than BDArmory I guess...  lol I make many "fighter plane"  or "attack helicopter" looking things to fly around but I have never actually armed them...  

49 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

ah ok sounds like a good method. 

will be checking back on this as time goes on as all your mods have always been on my mod list when they are available for my game version.  so I am always looking at new things you make.

other than BDArmory I guess...  lol I make many "fighter plane"  or "attack helicopter" looking things to fly around but I have never actually armed them...  

I'm wasn't really into blowing things up either (except accidentally).  However, the mod needed someone to support it after Bahamuto left for "bigger things".  Fortunately, I surrounded myself with a great team, and they have done great things with BDAc.  I didn't have time for a while over the past year or so (after my first wife died), so I am grateful to them for the continuity they provided while I was MIA.  They are the heroes of that mod.

That period of inactivity affected this mod as well... so progress has been slow.  However, it is a good concept, and there are a lot of things we can do with this.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New Release

Version 0.2.5.1 17 Mar 2018
 - Recompiled for KSP 1.4.1
 - Fixed:  ApplicationLauncher textures no longer render correctly.  Increased image size to 128 x 128 to support Unity 2017 compression.
 - Fixed bug with creating Tourist profession kerbals.  Caused endless loop.

• 2 weeks later...

RM shows applicant Kerbals as available.  I remember this being a problem a few years ago, and it was corrected:

mmG4VDe.png

Spoiler

In these cases, the State is Available. However, that needs to be compared to the Type as well.

KERBAL
        {
            name = Aldbur Kerman
            gender = Male
            type = Applicant
            trait = Engineer
            brave = 0.357538462
            dumb = 0.125975147
            badS = False
            veteran = False
            tour = False
            state = Available
            inactive = False
            inactiveTimeEnd = 0
            gExperienced = 0
            outDueToG = False
            ToD = 7032814.3299391931
            idx = -1
            extraXP = 0
            suit = Default
            hero = False
            CAREER_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
            FLIGHT_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
        }

KERBAL
        {
            name = Anming Kerman
            gender = Female
            type = Applicant
            trait = Engineer
            brave = 0.699629664
            dumb = 0.101308584
            badS = False
            veteran = False
            tour = False
            state = Available
            inactive = False
            inactiveTimeEnd = 0
            gExperienced = 0
            outDueToG = False
            ToD = 7211326.795193309
            idx = -1
            extraXP = 0
            suit = Default
            hero = False
            CAREER_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
            FLIGHT_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
        }

Edited by Apollo13

• 5 months later...
On 3/28/2018 at 4:29 AM, Apollo13 said:

RM shows applicant Kerbals as available.  I remember this being a problem a few years ago, and it was corrected:

mmG4VDe.png

Reveal hidden contents

In these cases, the State is Available. However, that needs to be compared to the Type as well.

KERBAL
        {
            name = Aldbur Kerman
            gender = Male
            type = Applicant
            trait = Engineer
            brave = 0.357538462
            dumb = 0.125975147
            badS = False
            veteran = False
            tour = False
            state = Available
            inactive = False
            inactiveTimeEnd = 0
            gExperienced = 0
            outDueToG = False
            ToD = 7032814.3299391931
            idx = -1
            extraXP = 0
            suit = Default
            hero = False
            CAREER_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
            FLIGHT_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
        }

KERBAL
        {
            name = Anming Kerman
            gender = Female
            type = Applicant
            trait = Engineer
            brave = 0.699629664
            dumb = 0.101308584
            badS = False
            veteran = False
            tour = False
            state = Available
            inactive = False
            inactiveTimeEnd = 0
            gExperienced = 0
            outDueToG = False
            ToD = 7211326.795193309
            idx = -1
            extraXP = 0
            suit = Default
            hero = False
            CAREER_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
            FLIGHT_LOG
            {
                flight = 0
            }
        }

Thanks for that.  I'll look into what is happening.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

New release out on Github and Space Dock:  @HebaruSan let me know if there is anything I need to do to support updates to CKAN.

Version 0.3.0.0, 09 Feb 2022
 - New:  Recompiled for KSP 1.12.x
 - New:  Added window resizing to all windows
 - New:  Added kerbal suit selection
 - New:  Added Click through blocking
 - New:  Addded default window position (Persisted)  
         Sets initial window position to a default of 50px from upper left of screen. 

Enjoy.  Let me know of any bugs or issues.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Found a bug with window resizing when in the Editor.  The scroll box resizes, but not the window.  Fixed with release 0.3.0.1

On Git, and SpaceDock.  CKAN will update with normal sweep.

Version 0.3.0.1 13 Feb 2022
 - Fixed bug with Roster Window resizing when in editor. Scrollbox resized, but window did not.
 - Changed:  Refactored loaded scene checking logic to simplify.
 - Changed:  Trimmed Installation notes. Removed version and What's new sections.  Redundant with Change Log.

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, JoeSheridan said:

Wow, this is a great idea, how is it possible that i did not know about this mod? :(

Ya, JPLRepo and I were working on this, but it has languished for a while.  Brought it up to date, but could use some more love.  A lot has changed with KSP and there are more things we could do...

On 8/13/2022 at 6:32 PM, Papa_Joe said:

A lot has changed with KSP and there are more things we could do...

Yes, KSP isn´t what it once was and in this case that´s a really good thing. KSP was a nice idea from the start but i am shure it wouldn´t have stayed this popular for such a long time without the many changes (and the many many mod ideas they transitioned to be included in the game in their own versions). It´s just great to see mods like this to be brought back online after years. Not everyone likes to make KSP into a space project manager, but i love the realism on the management side. I love mods like Tantares and BDB and i couldn´t play this game without any life support mods anymore but the same goes for such things like Kerbal Construction Time and other things that bring in some more need to plan out my career path. I just love the idea that Kerbals go out of the Astronaut Corps or that they need time and money to get trained for their missions and that you have crew rotations. This can do a lot of things i am just trying to include into my long term careers with the help of Excel.

I just hope this works out with my save files. Just a couple of days before i found out about this mod, I had started a new career game that i am using to make Youtube-Videos.

• 1 year later...
On 8/18/2022 at 5:49 AM, JoeSheridan said:

Yes, KSP isn´t what it once was and in this case that´s a really good thing. KSP was a nice idea from the start but i am shure it wouldn´t have stayed this popular for such a long time without the many changes (and the many many mod ideas they transitioned to be included in the game in their own versions). It´s just great to see mods like this to be brought back online after years. Not everyone likes to make KSP into a space project manager, but i love the realism on the management side. I love mods like Tantares and BDB and i couldn´t play this game without any life support mods anymore but the same goes for such things like Kerbal Construction Time and other things that bring in some more need to plan out my career path. I just love the idea that Kerbals go out of the Astronaut Corps or that they need time and money to get trained for their missions and that you have crew rotations. This can do a lot of things i am just trying to include into my long term careers with the help of Excel.

I just hope this works out with my save files. Just a couple of days before i found out about this mod, I had started a new career game that i am using to make Youtube-Videos.

I agree. I only recently discovered KSP1. The Vanilla game was a bit too complex at first but through perseverance i fell in LOVE with the space management side. I have always been drawn to physics games and resource management. Those elements combined.. OMG. I quickly delved into the world of mods and am truly amazed at how large this 'niche' community is.
It saddens me to know end to see the elements that i love abandoned in KSP2.

Particularly the procedurally generated missions and ability for mod packs / community contract aspects.. and resource management. I only hope that there will be enough malleability in the basic game core design to allow for the modding of these elements i love.  I will play KSP2 and likely enjoy much of what it has to offer while i lament the features it abandoned or failed to fully capture.. but i think i will continue to play KSP1 to get my fix.
Recently ran across this mod and am excited to try.

PS i cannot get final frontier to work with a manual install. Am i missing something in the required placement of various subfolders or do they all dump into gamedata as a finalfrontier subfolder? I havent really started to troubleshoot the issue, but seen mention of some on here using FF and didnt know if there were special config or modifications to certain txt files thats needed.

Kuddos on the mmodding community of this game and people that continue to bring the beloved changes to the game that elevate into something else greater than the sum of its parts.