[WIP][0.90] MK2 Cockpit and Drone [Pre_Alpha download]

martinezfg11

I noticed that while the MK2 platform was pretty nice, there was a distinct lack of cockpits that could be used with the system.

I introduce to you the MK2 "Cobra" cockpit. It's largely done, I just have some config stuff to finish and I'll be able to upload a pre-release.

Pre-Alpha Download available

Included is the MK2 Cobra cockpit and the Drone Core "Falken". There is still lots of work to be done on my end so there may be bugs.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Javascript is disabled. View full album

Known issues:

-Iva cockpit shows up on runway after launch, not sure what the problem may be.

TO-DO:

- IVA - Done!

- Retexture - Still WIP

- Configs - Done!

- Fix small collider issues - Done!

- FAR compatibility - Doesn't seem to need any special config.

- CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 License. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

Edited by martinezfg11
Thread Update

Yep, I'm having some issues with the IVA stuff right now.. I'm getting an error once the Kerbal re-enters the vehicle from IVA.

Internal Model error: Crewmember Bill Kerman couldn't be seated because the internal model doesn't have any more seats defined.

and

InternalModel error: Part Crew capacity is 1, but 0 seats are defined in internal model

As for a FAR config, that's planned I just need to look at other cockpit examples. I'd prefer to have the Cockpit EVA and IVA complete before taking a chunk out of that sandwich...

Looks cool! I agree there are not enough Mk2 cockpits, I've been working on one of my own too but it's still in the texturing stage :)

Thanks! I'm still a super noob at texturing so I've been shamelessly using Squad's assets.

By the way here is a look at the IVA:

MTrpl6E.png

and in KSP:

WHQItym.png

I found out that capitalization is uber important in cfg's. which is why i was getting the errors mentioned before.

Edited by martinezfg11
Imgur again...

Fleshed out the IVA. I had an explosive cord above the canopy, but it wasn't coming out how I wanted so I think I'll leave that out until I can figure a better way of implementing it.

I'm hoping to upload something soon maybe this week. (Don't hold your breath)

ZNBFvwh.png

I like this! You should make a second version which has no canopy for the cockpit, and is completely smooth with the rest of the shape. Perfect UAV front!

I like that idea. Here's a concept.

UeG1Cer.png

If it makes it into the modpack I'll call it the Falken. :)

This looks NOICE. I've been waiting for a fighter cockpit for ages (I got the F-35 by Bahamuto but i need something without intakes) :)

PD: I'd reccomend you to make the canopy a little taller, putting seats a bit higher for the sake of vision from IVA

Edited by Ramon91

• 2 weeks later...

Thought you might like this little doohicky... First SSTO of my latest career; no rapiers, no nukes, no shocks, and no fancy elevons. Barely squeaks to orbit but it does get there. Probably wouldn't make it with a heavier 2-man cockpit.

El3SCQq.jpg

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.