• 0.7.3-0.10
    • 0.11-0.13
    • 0.14-0.16
    • 0.17-0.19
    • 0.20-0.22
    • 0.23-0.25
    • I didn't join KSP, I'm only a forum user
    • Will join at release. (1.0)

Joined shortly after Kurtjmac has begun playing, so I think I joined sometime around version .13. I remember when it was free and there wasn't any persistence.

And yet strangely, I still haven't put a kerbal on a body outside of the Kerbin system. Been spending too much time with my jets.

Edited by Noname117

I joined at 0.18.2, around Christmas 2012. Back then I had no idea the forum even existed, so I wasn't terribly focused on the different versions, etc.

My, has it been over two years? Geez time passes quickly, and I've still never done an Eve or Tylo return mission!

I joined the last day of April, 2013, because while I liked the game and the demo a lot, I couldn't resist having the Early-Adopter package (0.19) which entitles me to multiplayer, when they do add it, free of charge.

- - - Updated - - -

So it seems like the population exploded during 0.17-0.19 era. I wonder what significant event happened during that time...

For me, the early adopters pack was why I bought it, but it was also the time where the game had just had some if it's biggest, most fundamental features added.

So it seems like the population exploded during 0.17-0.19 era. I wonder what significant event happened during that time...

Or just the majority of users still active in the forums are from that time. This game has been around for so long that many of the earlier joiners may no longer check the forums to see this poll.

To put it another way, this poll is a snapshot of who's currently active in the forums, not of the number of players at a given release #.

You darn kids get off my pad

You are the only user in the thread with an account older than mine, so far.

How dare you!

To answer the OP, very first or second available version of KPS.

To put it another way, this poll is a snapshot of who's currently active in the forums, not of the number of players at a given release #.

Not even, this is a snapshot of who is currently active on the forum AND willing to answer the poll.

Wherein lies the shortcoming of polls, in that they always favor groups which are also willing to answer.

I believe I got my copy of the game right after 0.14 came out, but it might have actually been right before 0.14. I do remember that it managed to update before I played it a second time. I bought it for $18 US if that helps in dating.

the results are pretty interesting, I wonder if squad maight e able to release a graph or something showing the amount of purchases in each version (or if possible use some kind of steam sales chart [wont be as accurate but whatever) I think I'd e interesting to see wen the sales really boomed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.