What's the worst that could happen?

vexx32

The basic idea of this game is that each person presents an ordinary, everyday scenario, and then asks "What's the worst that could happen?"

The next person proceeds to extrapolate that scenario and find the worst case scenario they can possibly think of.

1. Do not use cop-out worst-case scenarios (e.g., 'you could be struck with a nuclear missile')
  2. Be detailed, keep things as close to realistic (but interesting!) as you can and (preferably) relevant to the given scenario.
  3. Try not to repeat ideas too much. Be thoughtful.

An example:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 800, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Person 1:

[/TD]

[TD]I'm driving to work this morning. What's the worst that could happen?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Person 2:

[/TD]

[TD]As you get into your car, you realise it's out of fuel. Annoyed at the prospect of being late,

you rush to your neighbour's house to ask if you can borrow enough fuel off them to get to

a petrol station. They acquiesce, but as you're siphoning some fuel out of their tank,

they carelessly light a cigarette. The petrol fumes in the air ignite, and the fire quickly

reaches their car's fuel tank, whereupon it explodes, shooting jets of flame out of the fuel

pipe. You, as well as your neighbour, wake up in hospital recovering from second-degree

burns.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

While you are free to pick out any scenario you wish, I would recommend giving fairly ordinary scenarios -- the point of the game is to get from the ordinary to the extraordinary without using excessively unlikely connections.

Well, let's see how we go. I'll offer a scenario to start.

I'm carrying my groceries into my house. What's the worst that could happen?

A nuclear mi-

Since you're carrying so many groceries, you can't see in front of you; there's a slight crack in the pavement, and you trip. Unluckily for you, right in front of that happened to be a good moderately sized rock. Your face lands in it. Needless to say, it hurts a lot, but that's not the end of it. The groceries you threw up involuntarially as you were falling come back down, and lands on your back. "Perhaps I shouldn't of bought all those construction supplies" is the thought that goes into your head. I think a trip to the emergency room is in order.

I pet my mostly-friendly cat. What's the worst that could happen?

When carrying the groceries in, you realise there too much of it to open the door. So you put them down to free your hands.. But you just remembered that the new cashier put the eggs on the bottom, you hear a huge amount of cracking.. Then when you finally open the door, its stuck, so it bursts open, knocking down your groceries. Your porch is small, so they fall off. You start back, to try and save them as they fall, but pull the other bag down with you. There is a bag of mouse traps that your bought in the other bag, so when you and your groceries are lying on the ground, your day ends with your arms stinging from mouse traps, in your bed with ice pack all over your injured arms..

I'm sitting, typing at my computer, what's the worst that could happen

edit: ninja'd

Your pet disrupts the cat's brain waves, which bounce off your hand and back into poor old Mittens. She attacks you, not being friendly anymore, and you end up going to the ER room because of blood loss.

- - - Updated - - -

I send a colony ship to my base on Laythe. What's the worst that could happen?

The kracken takes out your engines and you only make it into Jool orbit with aerobraking and to raise your Pe you use all your RCS with no rcs and your Ap at Laythe's height you must rely on luck to get a Laytje encounter that will peform an emergency landing.

Im in a plane with Jeb, whats the worst that could happen.

You get hit by 12 asteroids and 2 nuclear missiles launched into orbit on the way out.

Not good enough for you? How about: "your crew members decide to abscond with your spacecraft, steer it towards Jool and send hateful messages back to Kerbin?"

I post a reply on a forum game that is somewhat breaking its rules. What is the worst that could happen?

Edited by Noname117

The LES fails to activate. Enough said.

I get on my computer to play KSP.

NOT PART OF THE GAME:

Unknown to you, one of the envelopes contains a explosive that is electronically triggered by motion. When you walk back inside, the bomb detonates, turning you into several barely recognizable red pieces.

I use the restroom.

If it was triggered by motion, wouldnt the mailman be blow up first?

As you watch, a virus that came from a download earlier has now locked up your PC. It also has deleted all of your games, including KSP. The stream keeps on playing and is all you can watch. All that's rest of KSP for you until the stream stops...

I walk the dog. What's the worst that could happen?

Edited by General Rarity

When some hacker gets mad at another, they may decide to set off some nukes or something bad like that...

I'm going to go and fetch a cup of orange juice. What's the worst that can happen?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.