Do you want a memorial on Laythe for Leonard Nimoy?

Do you want a memorial for Leonard Nimoy on Laythe?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a memorial for Leonard Nimoy on Laythe?

• Yes
    • No

I still think that a generic cylinder on Kerbin dedicated not just to Nimoy but to everyone who has ever inspired people to look up to the stars would be fitting, something simple such as this:

UwUTQEs.png

My goal wasn't to just create a memorial to Nimoy but rather to anyone who made you look up to the sky in awe who is no longer among us.

I don't understand all the hate for Nimoy now and for some reason Armstrong as well now.

What do you want to do? Have squad tear down Armstrong's memorial? You all seem so selfish.

Although some people deserve more credit than others that doesn't mean they don't deserve any credit at all.

Not to mention more memorials means more places to go to in-game and explore. The more Easter-egg hunting the better.

Edited by Jon144

I vote yes and to be more specific I think a Monolith sized replica of the torpedo from ST:II/III with no writing on it and with the same shiny black texture on Laythe would be fitting. A subtle, stealth nerd tribute, just lying on the ground and no more or less "out of place" then the current monoliths or saucers.

I don't understand all the hate for Nimoy now and for some reason Armstrong as well now.

What do you want to do? Have squad tear down Armstrong's memorial? You all seem so selfish.

Although some people deserve more credit than others that doesn't mean they don't deserve any credit at all.

Not to mention more memorials means more places to go to in-game and explore. The more Easter-egg hunting the better.

I agree! I am completely outraged by people's resistance to memorials to great, inspiring people...particularly those that inspire us to explore, not only the world around us, but the universe itself!

"Hate?" "Outraged?" Really? I hardly think anyone is filled with hate, and I think being outraged is pretty hyperbolic.

Regarding Nimoy, for any good he did (inspiration, etc) in ST, don't forget he also hosted "In Search of" which was basically non-scientific crap painted as plausible/worth study (ancient astronauts, bigfoot, etc).

What about a memorial wall at KSC for all those who sacrificed and inspired mankind in the pursuit of space

From Vladimir Komarov and Michael Adams through to now

Good thinking - another vote here for that idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.