[1.4.3] [(Re^4)visited!] Science Revisited 1.7.0

zekew11

Looks like @zekew11 has been inactive since about May. Does anybody know if this works with 1.8? I'm firing up KSP for the first time since 1.4, and the thought of all that nonsense with hanging-off-the-side to milk all those different "EVA report over Mun Highlands" things fills me with dread.

13 minutes ago, Maelin said:

Looks like @zekew11 has been inactive since about May. Does anybody know if this works with 1.8? I'm firing up KSP for the first time since 1.4, and the thought of all that nonsense with hanging-off-the-side to milk all those different "EVA report over Mun Highlands" things fills me with dread.

No idea, but if it doesn't work, you can still get those reports without the risk, it is a bit cheesy though. all you have to do is have your kerbal jump, and click the eva report while they are in the air. game considers it "flying" just fly them out in a plane, land, or parachute down, as kerbal pilots have stock parachutes. you might even be able to get that eva report while flying while parachuting down. hadn't thought of that till just now.

Edited by vardicd

12 hours ago, Maelin said:

Works fine, it's just a MM patch, the chances of breakage are very slim

• 3 weeks later...

I'm alive; so if there's anything broken its worth posting about. Not so active with kerbal anymore, but pleased that my work here is still sought after.

If someone wanted to give me a run down of what's changed in the last 9 months that might affect the balance or completeness of my mod I'd be happy to toss a few hours towards an update. I personally used CKAN a ton, so I understand the appeal of the mod being listed compatible there.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

I know it has been a while, but does this still work under 1.9.1?

It's all defined in ModuleManager patches so it should still be fine.

The change to science labs is applied to specific named labs only so only some mod added labs are affected.

• 2 months later...

1.10 status update: still working, with caveat.

I'm using 1.10.1 with Breaking Ground, and also Science Full Reward and [x] Science (there's a 'continued' or something on one of those but whatever). It appears to me that RE: Science Revisited bis Revisited ad Repetitium still works fine, except for the new stuff for which it simply has no (re)configs. I just launched a little satellite with a magnetometer and it was irking me, so I made a quick fix for that particular part.

To make the new Magnetometer work with Science Revisited, just plop a text file with a .cfg extension anywhere in your GameData, and paste in the following contents:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]]:FOR[Science_Revisited]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]:HAS[#experimentID[magnetometer]]
    {    
        @xmitDataScalar = .95
    }
}

@zekew11, you still around?

I looked briefly at 1.10's new comet samples. They use their own thing instead of ModuleScienceExperiment, and I haven't tried them yet in-game so I have no clue how they work as far as transmitting. Sorry I'm no help there, but I believe that as of right now this is the only other new thing this mod might need to worry about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.