[1.4.3] [(Re^4)visited!] Science Revisited 1.7.0

zekew11

On 6/16/2017 at 7:15 AM, wile1411 said:

there is an error generated when it tried to give a float value to an integer property for the USI Ranger_CommPak - but I suspect this has always been there as I've only just found / had it pointed out it was this MM config that generates that error. A simple change from 3.75 to 4 fixed my issue

Hey @wile1411, what USI mod is the part Ranger_CommPak from?

That would be the MKS mod. Github link to part file here 

The patch that comes with this Science Revisited mod is under: Science_Revisited\Robau\Lab_Rebalance.cfg

Specifically, I changed the 3.75 float value to an valid integer value: @scienceMultiplier=4  

It was 3.75 when I originally downloaded the files from Spacedock. It might of been fixed, but I'm not sure without re-downloding it and there is no Github source for this mod to check online.
I've since moved away from lab based science and I've redone my labs cfg files and set them all to /= 5 to rebalance the labs so they give no boost by default - but that's to adjust to my style of play. As I've read on the forum, there are a vast number of players that do use the science lab in their games, so each to there own config I guess. :) 

Thanks for that, @wile1411.  I find it odd that the parameters in the config file are so tightly typed that it choked on being reassigned a float value by Module Manager.

2 hours ago, wile1411 said:

I've since moved away from lab based science and I've redone my labs cfg files ... to adjust to my style of play. As I've read on the forum, there are a vast number of players that do use the science lab in their games, so each to there own config I guess. :) 

Thanks for the @Snark quote.  I've previously seen the post Snark linked about most players not having gone interplanetary.  I know the labs are basically a fountain of science. but I'm unlikely to indulge much in them.

Much of my KSP play was done with the total conversion mod Better Than Starting Manned for its better career and handling of science.  It's gone now, so I've got to find a way to play that I like.  Things haven't gotten much better with stock career and science.  I'm slowly putting together a new career+science+tech mod to make things more to my liking.

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Much of my KSP play was done with the total conversion mod Better Than Starting Manned for its better career and handling of science.  It's gone now, so I've got to find a way to play that I like.  Things haven't gotten much better with stock career and science.  I'm slowly putting together a new career+science+tech mod to make things more to my liking.

Doesn't surprise me - I haven't looked into it, but Squad could easily made a change for that parameter to only accept integers in one of the version updates. Or It could just be a mistake - they happen too.

For the unmanned bit, I can recommend LinuxGuruGamer RandR mod as it helps force you to use probes as Kerbal go on bl__dy week long vacations even after a short stroll around the KSC.  Other than that, my preference changes each play and I'm always looking for a mod to make it interesting. *shrug*

Good luck with the upcoming mod and look fwd to seeing what you come up with. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I'm getting the same problem Lathari is having; the eva and crew reports haven't switched.

Me too. Made a change that seems to have fixed it, which anyone is free to use if they'd like. I don't think the FOR: is actually needed, but... who knows.

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[crewReport]]:FOR[Science_Revisited]
{
        @biomeMask = 23
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[evaReport]]:FOR[Science_Revisited]
{
		@biomeMask = 7
}

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, eberkain said:

I used to have something that would make it so that a crew report went into storage.  I'm having to EVA, collect data, and then store data to take another crew report.   What am I missing?

Try searching on StoreMyReports. I think it’s not up to date but might still work

9 hours ago, eberkain said:

I used to have something that would make it so that a crew report went into storage.  I'm having to EVA, collect data, and then store data to take another crew report.   What am I missing?

I use ForScience.

Edited by 5thHorseman

• 1 month later...
On 01/01/2018 at 5:43 PM, eberkain said:

I'm using this custom patch to allow any command module to "Collect All" without the need to go EVA. Then I add an action group to make it even easier.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]&@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]]:Final
{
	@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]
	{
		%evaOnlyStorage = False
		%canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
		%canTransferInVessel = True
		%showStatus = True
	}
}

@zekew11 On a similar topic, I've learned here that Module Manager made some recent changes in the syntax that can break some patches. In this case Revised_Crew_v_EVA_Report.cfg was affected. The fix is to remove [*] in both patches for crewReport and evaReport.

1 hour ago, GFX5000i said:

I'm using this custom patch to allow any command module to "Collect All" without the need to go EVA. Then I add an action group to make it even easier.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]&@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]]:Final
{
	@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]
	{
		%evaOnlyStorage = False
		%canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
		%canTransferInVessel = True
		%showStatus = True
	}
}

That is actually exactly what I ended up doing.   Right now I'm running For Science since I'm far enough along to always have a scientist on board, but adding the collect all to command pods is still useful since you can easily disable FS and move the data to whatever pod you need it in.  And then still running [X]Science for the here and now window when I'm doing something unmanned.  And the filterable list is handy to figure out where I need to go to collect science still. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up; the spacedock listing is giving an outdated warning and is listed as compatible with 1.4, not 1.4.1, though the version number is correct, 1.7.0

Edited by Errol

• 2 months later...

@zekew11 there is something wrong with the Telemetry - the science is not shown in the stock science UI and so kinda "hidden" - also the pod/core where it is stored, when I click on "Review Telemetry Data" nothing happens, or better said, nothing is shown up.

It could be that Part Commander mod is either the reason for this bug or the victim of it:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ExperimentResultDialogPage..ctor (.Part host, .ScienceData experimentData, Single xmitBase, Single xmitBonus, Boolean showTransmitWarning, System.String transmitWarningMessage, Boolean showResetOption, .ScienceLabSearch labSearch, .Callback`1 onDiscardData, .Callback`1 onKeepData, .Callback`1 onTransmitData, .Callback`1 onSendToLab) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment.reviewData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment.ReviewDataEvent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartCommanderContinued.PartCommander.showEvent (.Part p, Boolean symLock, .PartModule pm, .BaseEvent e, System.String multiEngineMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartCommanderContinued.PartCommander.showEvents (.Part p, Boolean symLock, System.String multiEngineMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartCommanderContinued.PartCommander.showOptions (.Part p, Boolean symLock, Boolean showRes, Boolean showTemp, Boolean showAero) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartCommanderContinued.PartCommander.drawWindow (PartCommanderContinued.PCWindow w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartCommanderContinued.PartCommander.mainWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

When I click "Review Telemetry Data" inside the stock context menu this comes up:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ExperimentResultDialogPage..ctor (.Part host, .ScienceData experimentData, Single xmitBase, Single xmitBonus, Boolean showTransmitWarning, System.String transmitWarningMessage, Boolean showResetOption, .ScienceLabSearch labSearch, .Callback`1 onDiscardData, .Callback`1 onKeepData, .Callback`1 onTransmitData, .Callback`1 onSendToLab) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment.reviewData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment.ReviewDataEvent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I'm using [X] Science!

Log and craft:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh3sdek8na68r3m/2018-05-26_2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edit:

I fixed it by just removing the EVA_Sample_Nerf and also the Transmition_Loss_Buffs and enabling the Alternate_Transmition_Loss_Buffs

btw it's called "Transmission" :D

Yes, this should have been an edit of the previous post, but somebody "nerved" the board software ...

Edit:

@Z-Key Aerospace @Warezcrawler and btw [X] Science! does not recognize all newly available science, I just recognized that by going to an "semi-abandoned" scanner vessel around the Mun and clicking through all sensors.

Edited by Gordon Dry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.