[0.90] K6M8 1.25m Inline Cockpit + Custom IVA.

CoffeeSE

oTIJDCk.jpg

Screenshots:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Dependencies: [Optional] Requires R.P.M. for the two displays to work.

Download via Kerbal Stuff

License:

88x31.png

Description:

Inspired by the framed canopy structure of the A6M and Ki-84 fighter planes (yes I play WarThunder lol). I tried to base the textures off of the Mk.2 fuselages to make it stock-a-like. I hope you'll like it! :)

Changelog:

Version 1.0:

• Initial release.

Edited by CoffeeSE

Two questions, with followups

1) why isn't this in with your existing CoffeeIndustries mod? Are you separating out Various country's cockpits?

2) Is there a scalar reason you didn't go with a 45Degree inclined windshield/windscreen? IE did the size of the Kerbals force you to change the angle of the Windscreen? From the first vertical bar aft it looks like a good A6M canopy, but the windscreen is too steep ala 1st generation enclosed cockpit aircraft. 45degrees for almost every new fighter post 1935. All the Kawasaki fighters in common use in WWII were near 45 degrees. The A6M-any Zero was also at 45 Degrees. Thanks!

Edited by Pappystein

Will we ever see the release of your other cockpits? I was really excited to see your airliner parts get a revamp, and I'm hoping you could give them farconfigs+updates if possible :o

Edit: and if you'r enot intrested in continuing your previous mods (i.e. the airliner parts((.23mp test)) and the prior two cockpits and engines.)) I would not mind maintaining them if no update is slated ((I may need some help with Far configs for the wings tho:O))

Edited by Hellbrand

Two questions, with followups

1) why isn't this in with your existing CoffeeIndustries mod? Are you separating out Various country's cockpits?

2) Is there a scalar reason you didn't go with a 45Degree inclined windshield/windscreen? IE did the size of the Kerbals force you to change the angle of the Windscreen? From the first vertical bar aft it looks like a good A6M canopy, but the windscreen is too steep ala 1st generation enclosed cockpit aircraft. 45degrees for almost every new fighter post 1935. All the Kawasaki fighters in common use in WWII were near 45 degrees. The A6M-any Zero was also at 45 Degrees. Thanks!

1) I don't know really, I wanted to overhaul my mods and give them new more stock-a-like look so I just chose this one to start off with.

2) I...I wasn't aware the windshield angle was 45 degrees. I kinda just played around with the angle until I found one that I liked. I wanted to have a slant, but I wanted to keep the fuselage somewhat short, in addition to leaving enough headroom raise the Kerbal so they can see the runway. I mean, it's not a perfect replica, but then again, Kerbals have really weird physiology :P

Will we ever see the release of your other cockpits? I was really excited to see your airliner parts get a revamp, and I'm hoping you could give them farconfigs+updates if possible :o

Edit: and if you'r enot intrested in continuing your previous mods (i.e. the airliner parts((.23mp test)) and the prior two cockpits and engines.)) I would not mind maintaining them if no update is slated ((I may need some help with Far configs for the wings tho:O))

Sorry most likely not. I don't really see a point of continuing to make the airliner parts as now there are Mk3 parts, procedural wings and other cockpits that fit onto the Mk3 fuselages. As for other cockpits and engines, I'll probably work on them some at one point or another. I just don't have enough time right now. :/

Description:

Inspired by the framed canopy structure of the A6M and Ki-84 fighter planes (yes I play WarThunder lol).

Hey, I love War Thunder! Way better than the World of Tanks/Warplanes. :cool: WoT/WoWP promised combination of the games, but they just meant a unified client download. :mad: Then War Thunder came along and promised to do everything WoT did wrong, RIGHT. Some games, like War Thunder and KSP, are just so amazing it's hard to believe the old alternatives haven't been abandoned(though a youtuber can lose a lot of subs from doing a World of Warplanes video now). Keep up the WWII cockpits! :D

Sorry most likely not. I don't really see a point of continuing to make the airliner parts as now there are Mk3 parts, procedural wings and other cockpits that fit onto the Mk3 fuselages. As for other cockpits and engines, I'll probably work on them some at one point or another. I just don't have enough time right now. :/

would you mind if i updated and maintained atleast the cockpit and fuselage sections?

\o/ any chance i could get the download for them >_> I seem to have misplaced them in my travels around the internet.

((preferably the version that had the small cargo bay :o))

Edited by Hellbrand

\o/ any chance i could get the download for them >_> I seem to have misplaced them in my travels around the internet.

((preferably the version that had the small cargo bay :o))

Sorry, what do you mean by the version with the small cargo bay? Like the one with the ramp or the very first version with the two different diameter fuselages? Cause I think the version with the ramp I only uploaded onto KerbalSpacePort and that site's no longer around.

But here's a copy of all the parts I was updating, they do work with 0.90, but no IVAs as I haven't updated/made them yet: KerbalStuff

Javascript is disabled. View full album

If you want the ramp parts, i'll need some time to find it on my harddrive and upload it, but those ones are pretty crappy so you're better off just making your own :P

\o/ Awesome! and the ones i was curious about were the ones with raster prop monitor Iva's I believe. you're all sorts of awesome for releasing these parts so we can play with them by the way. I kinda drooled over these when you showed pictures!

Edit!: this set! http://imgur.com/a/E0rPW

Oh ok those, they're pretty old. I might have those and the IVAs somewhere, I'll grab my DeLorean and take a look, no promises though.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this Cockpit! the Typhoon you made is also awesome!. I was wondering? After i found your thread of the airliner parts and after going through this post and seeing even more parts.... Are you thinking about ever completing the Pack with IVA's and all?

Awesome! but what about the Iva :o

Also thank you for taking the time to do this. this is why the KSP community is one of the best!

Crap, sorry, I dun goofed. Here's the cockpit and IVAs this time. Sorry again. :(

Love this Cockpit! the Typhoon you made is also awesome!. I was wondering? After i found your thread of the airliner parts and after going through this post and seeing even more parts.... Are you thinking about ever completing the Pack with IVA's and all?

Ah thanks, and probably not. I don't really have much time lately due to school and work. :(