[Mod Collection] Sigma Mod Expansions

Sigma88

What did you have to do to get the two planes locked? I would love to add this to the OPM/OPM+ K2 pack. Was is formulated or did you jsut tweak till it worked? Thanks for the RT fix.

What did you have to do to get the two planes locked? I would love to add this to the OPM/OPM+ K2 pack. Was is formulated or did you jsut tweak till it worked? Thanks for the RT fix.

It was a case of trial and error.

I can PM you if you need more info for that pack, just let me know.

Anyway I think that if you scale everything up properly it should maintain the lock. I'm not sure tho.

Edited by Sigma88

• 3 weeks later...
Got your PM, and just wanted to let you know I downloaded the whole bundle :D Loving everything about it, especially the inclination of Pluron/Khato :D The tilted Urlum is pretty sweet too :D

I think I'll release another fix in a few days since I've noticed a couple of things I don't like, I'll invert the orbits of the moons to get them more similar to uranus' moons

I was waiting for the next opm patch to fix those problems but since it doesn't seem that close afterall I think I'll fix it now.

What I'd like to do afterwards is getting some custom clouds set up for the giants, Eleusis La Arwall has already made the majority of the work making all the configs for every cloud pack you can think of, and done an awesome job with urlum. And did everything without adding textures. If real life is kind enough I hope we can put together a clouds pack which has more variety. (I don't want to spoil to much ;))

Edited by Sigma88

Sigma Mod Expansions v0.4.2 FIX

Another minor fix while waiting for OPM to be updated to 1.7

With this fix the Urlum system now "rotates" in the same direction Uranus' does. (comparing year1 ingame with right now IRL)

Now if you have one of my expansions that tilt urlum, plus the clouds config from Eleusis La Arwall you should get a pretty good view.

[TABLE=width: 55%]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]OPM Bundle

WK3fZaB.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Tilt Only

PTljvQ8.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Tilt + Recolor

pxp3VeB.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

As always, if you have any feature you would like to see feel free to suggest it in the comments.

PS: this is not yet tested on OPM beta 1.7

Edited by Sigma88

I haven't looked into it too hard, but since OPM no longer uses kittopia, I think some rearranging of files and config changes are needed to include this in 1.7 of OPM. I miss pluron/khato :(

Look forward to a new release :D

yeah, I will need to do a major reworking of the whole expansion.

I also would like to see if the kopernicus devs can make it possible for the moons to rotate on a different axis (which would be awesome)

Just saw this for the first time, looks great!

Thank you :)

For the opm expansion I think the best result would be using 0.90 + opm 1.6.5

I'm working on making it compatible with 1.7

For RemoteTech you just have to wait their official release compatible with 1.0

my expansion shouldn't have compatibility problems

PS: spacechem is awesome ;)

Edited by Sigma88

some updates:

basically the major problem I'm having now is that I want to rotate the model of Wal because the equatorial ridge needs to be, well, equatorial :D

since the ridge is the result of the presence of Tal, I need to put everything on the same plane (roughly)

This is the major hold up at the moment, I have yet to look at Pluron/Khato, porting that to kopernicus only could take some more time.

But I will put out a beta version of the OPM stuff as soon as I get it working properly. Pluron/Khato can be added later.

ΣME: OPM v0.5 BETA

Updated to full compatibility with KSP 1.0.2 and OPM 1.7 beta.

Changed the model of Wal in order to put the equatorial ridge in the right place, and fixed the orbit of Tal.

Also fixed the bugs with Pluron and Khato, now they are compatible with the same version of Kopernicus bundled within OPM.

[TABLE=width: 522]

[TR]

WK3fZaB.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I hope someone is enjoying this stuff, even tho I don't see many comments here :)

Edited by Sigma88

I hope someone is enjoying this stuff, even tho I don't see many comments here :)

I absolutely enjoy this expansion to opm! The binary planets alone are worth the price of admission :D never mind the polar orbits change o_O Variety is never a bad thing when it comes to ksp!

I absolutely enjoy this expansion to opm! The binary planets alone are worth the price of admission :D never mind the polar orbits change o_O Variety is never a bad thing when it comes to ksp!

Happy to hear that :D Pluron and Khato are between my favourites, sadly the models are not that good (at least pluron, khato is pretty nice)

I've noticed an issue with priax's science defs and biomes after the tilt, I'll fix that in the coming days.

I'll also make some changes to the moons that go black so that the terrain can be seen untill the kopernicus team will fix that bug.

output_kx6jDi.gif

(this is OPM Wal, without the tilt)

that ridge is taaaaall

Try deleting the recolor cfg inside gamedata/sigma/opm/configs

If it doesnt work i'll put together something

edit

you will also need to take the urlum texture from the old "tilt only" expansion, rename it "Urlum_map.png" and put it into "GameData\Sigma\OPM\Textures"

finally delete the Urlum_map.dds from that same folder and you should be set.

I don't have access at my modding pc right now, I'll make the new archives as soon as I get some time

Edited by Sigma88

After playing around with this new expansion I quickly found a bunch of issues, I hope I can put out something in the next few days to fix some glaring problems:

- Timewarping from a ship (not in the tracking station) messes up urlum and it's moons (I've already fixed this, just need to clean the cfgs a bit)

- Priax gets new biome names and some tweaks to the science defs (to better fit with the changes)

- Wal will get a visible surface

If I can spare some time I'll try to put out also the single feature archives

ΣME: OPM v0.5.1 BETA

- Fixed the timewarping bug

- Tweaked Priax's biomes and science defs (to better fit with the changes of tilded urlum)

- wal has now visible (not black) terrain

[TR]

WK3fZaB.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Sadly I don't have much time for the single features, but if someone wants to remove a feature just PM me, I'll explain which cfg to delete in order to get the result you want :)

Enjoy :D

ΣME: OPM v0.5.2 BETA

- Fixed folder structure

- Added compatibility with Active Texture Management

- Added compatibility with Texture Replacer

- Fixed compatibility with Planetshine

- Fixed compatibility with Distant Object Enhancement

Now Requires OPM 1.7 beta 2

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Download link

ZZ4010E.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 950, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]vi7sYZt.png[/TD]

[TD]b6drujR.png[/TD]

[TD]yE0TlWw.png[/TD]

[TD]DuL0HUg.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

PS: I've also added a KerbalStuff link in the OP

K3xgdNd.png

Edited by Sigma88

I'm working on adding flags to the OPM expansion

this is a preview:

flag2.png

In this image stock planets are still blank since I'm waiting The Deep Space Kraken's permission to use his art, if he doesn't I'll make something myself

I'm also still waiting for the remote tech team to consider my request to use one of RT antenna model

ΣME: OPM v0.5.3

Fixes:

- Fixed PluronKhato's image in the science archives (now it's all black)

- Removed PluronKhato's Atmosphere

- Removed Ore from PluronKhato

Flags:

In the ΣME: OPM Bundle is included an archive called FLAGS.zip

It contains a bunch of flags with all the planets and moons of the Kerbal System + OPM + my expansions

If you want the flags to show up you will need to unzip the FLAGS.zip archive and merge the "GameData" folder you find inside with the one in your KSP install (pretty standard procedure)

If I will receive enough positive feedback I will include the flags in every download, for now you can find them only in the OPM Bundle.

For now this is what the flag looks like:

SigmaPKRT.png

but I am considering switching to a blue background:

bluebackground.png

The pixel art for the stock planets is done by The Deep Space Kraken (many thanks to him for letting me use it)

Downloads:

[TR]

[TD=align: center]ZZ4010E.png

(with Flags!)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]zRk03fU.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

PS: I'm still waiting for the RemoteTech team to consider my request of using one of their antenna, I'm not sure if their answer will come sooner rather than later, I'll probably drop the rigid antenna for now and update the expansion without it if I don't hear back from them in a week or so...

Edited by Sigma88

• 2 weeks later...
As I CBB with micromanagement involved with playing with RT, I'd like to see some of those antennas available for us mere AntennaRange users. TIA.

Hi there,

I will look into it.

I was waiting for the remotetech team before updating but they have yet to reply so for now I'll release the DTS with fixes and antenna range compatibility if possible

Edited by Sigma88

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.