[Mod Collection] Sigma Mod Expansions

Sigma88

This is a test for the new OP of SASS, don't look at it!
(I apoligize if you got pinged by this)

s

Stockalike.svg KSP-1.1.2-orange.svg dev.version-%40GitHub-lightgrey.svg total.svg

Stock-alike Solar System

Kopernicus is a wonderful mod, and there are a lot of great planets out there.
This mod will rearrange bodies from many different planet packs
in order to create a Kerbal analogue of the Real Solar System

GEbQ6Ga.png

Required Mods

Supported Mods

Download

Latest%20Release-%40Github-green.svg

If you want to contribute to my caffeine addiction:
iSFDI5f.png r8916yD.png
Don't expect anything in return other than my sincere gratitude. :)

System Description

This mod rearranges bodies from other mods to reproduce the Solar System but with a Kerbal style.

Each body has the same surface gravity, but 1/10th of the radius compared to their real life counterpart.

Currently there are:

•   4 Terrestrial Planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars)
  •   4 Gas Giants (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune)
  • 16 Moons (Moon, Phobos & Deimos, 4 Jovians, 3 Saturnians, 3 Uranians, and 3 Neptunians)
  •   5 Dwarf Planets (Vesta, Ceres, Pluto, Charon, Haumea)
  •   2 Asteroid belts (Main Belt and Kuiper Belt)
  •   2 Groups of Trojan asteroids at Jupiter's L4 and L5
  •   2 Asteroid moons orbiting Haumea (Hi'iaka and Namaka)
  • ?? Easter Eggs

Settings

This mod comes with three optional settings, all off by default.

You can activate any of them in the Settings.cfg file you find in the StockalikeSolarSystem folder.

• KerbalizedNames - Gives all bodies stockalike names
  • RealSizeSystem - Gives all bodies the same size as their real life counterpart
  • UranusTilt - Gives Uranus 90° Axial tilt
  • Year1 - Sets the starting year

List of Bodies

Spoiler
Real Kopernicus
Version
Mod
Sun Sun Stock
Mercury Ike UL
Venus Duna UL
Earth Kerbin Stock
Moon Eeloo UL
Mars Duna Stock
Phobos Bop Stock
Deimos Gilly Stock
Vesta Inaccessable Sentar Expansion
Ceres Vall UL
Jupiter Jool Jool Recolor
Europa Eeloo Stock
Io Laythe Lava Laythe
Ganymede Slate OPM
Callisto Dres UL
Saturn Saru Saru Planet Pack
Prometheus Nisse OPM
Titan Eve Eve Recolor
Iapetus Wal OPM
Uranus None Custom
Miranda Polta OPM
Titania Tylo Stock
Sycorax Shay KPlus
Neptune Sarin KPlus
Proteus Priax OPM
Triton Plock OPM
Nereid Bop UL
Pluto Karen OPM
Charon Ike Stock
Haumea Ovok OPM

Easter Eggs

Stock-alike Solar System features a certain number of easter eggs. If you find an easter egg in game please do not spoil the surprise for other players. If you want to post about an easter egg in the thread, hide everything inside a spoiler and put a warning outside so that people know that there are easter egg informations inside the spoiler.

Images

Videos

@GregroxMun streamed Stock-alike Solar System. Watch the full video here.

Credits

@sarbian for ModuleManager
@Thomas P. for Kopernicus
@KillAshley for Kerbol Plus Remade and Uncharted Lands
@CaptRobau and @Eudae55 for Outer Planets Mod
@tygoo7 for Saru Planet Pack
@Borisbee for Sentar Expansion
@cybutek for KSP-AVC
@GregroxMun for testing, giving suggestions and streaming the mod on his twitch channel
@NathanKell for answering my questions about kopernicus and the solar system

License

All Rights Reserved

This mod does not bundle any of the required mods, download every mod from its own thread.

If you like what you see make sure to try the original mods on their own and give credit to the respective developers

Edited by Sigma88

These look perfect! Great work Sigma!

You are too kind!

Also, OPM 1.6 has been released, which adds moons to Urlum. I think you'll need to update the tilted Urlum packages so that they have the moons orbiting inline with the tilt.

I've seen that a new patch of OPM is out, but I didn't have time to download it yet.

I'm currently in the US for a conference, when I'll be back I plan to have a look at it and make a new patch of the tilt expansion to fix the moon behaviour.

Since I knew those moons were coming I had the time to think how I would change things so I already know what I want to do with them, souldn't take more than a day.

I'll be back in europe on march 24 so you'll have to wait a little bit for those sorry.

Since I hate to leave you waiting I decided to make a temporary fix for urlum's moons, this should put them in the correct position around the tilted urlum

Since It's not an official patch you will find the download only here.

How-to-use:

After having installed one of my expansions that tilt urlum just drop the files contained in this archive on top of that.

I never tested it, so if I messed up something just let me know

• 2 weeks later...
The DTS-M2 should have a cone between DTS-M1 19% and DTS-MR 45%, I suggest 25% that

I made the DTS-M2 a copy of the DTS-M1 for colorcoding purposes :)

so the two antennas have the same range and cone angle

This is because I have some satellites with 2 DTS M1 on them, and lost some of them because I changed the target on the wrong one.

Having antennas with different colors should reduce that problem :D (hopefully)

anyway, reducing the cone angle should be relative to an increased range and that's what I did with the R/G/B antennas

I was thinking of adding new antennas, but there should be a purpose for those antennas.

for example, the R/G/B antennas are needed to reach the 3 outermost moons of jool from 1000Km (from surface) jool's orbit

If you have the need for more antennas feel free to write here what you want to do so I can make an antenna for that purpose.

---------------------

btw, a little update on the OPM expansions:

I just got back from overseas so sometimes between now and next week I should be able to release the updated expansion that will move Urlum's moons for those that have the tilted expansion.

I have yet to check if the hotfix I posted a week ago is working I don't know how much time it will take, if it works properly I should be able to put the update out in the next few days.

Edited by Sigma88

It's not only range that matters, but also coverage. the 25% would allow you the cover Kerbil Synchronous orbit from a certain distance. Also note, when you play with larger scale versions, you want to use more choice in dishes.

I think I have misunderstood your point before.

Right now cone angles are:

Comms DTS-M1 = 45°

Comms DTS-M2 = 45°

Reflectron KR-7 = 25°

Comms DTS-MR = 19°

Comms DTS-MG = 13°

Comms DTS-MB = 7°

Are you saying that you would like to have another foldable antenna with a 25° cone angle to use it instead of the rigid one?

I didn't make an intermediate between M1 and MR because I supposed people would have used the RT original antenna, but If you think it could be useful I can make one foldable <edit> lighter but not suited for atmo flight </edit> so you can either use the rigid or the foldable depending on what you are looking for

edit:

after looking at the current stats I believe I can leave everything like the Reflectron KR-7 the only differences would be that the KR-7 is much more heavy but doesn't break during atmo flight. The new antenna will have to be folded in the atmosphere but would weigh much less (0.033 vs 0.5 or something like that)

If this is what you want I'll make an update as soon as I get the time

Edited by Sigma88

I didn't make an intermediate between M1 and MR because I supposed people would have used the RT original antenna, but If you think it could be useful I can make one foldable with worse electric use so you can either use the rigid or the foldable depending on what you are looking for

Ok, I see, but it should at least have different stats from the Comms DTS-M1 otherwise it would only be a waste of memory.

Ok, I see, but it should at least have different stats from the Comms DTS-M1 otherwise it would only be a waste of memory.

yeah, that's why I didn't make one :D I thought it would have been a waste of memory.

Unless someone feels like chosing between low mass and atmospheric flight is worth having two parts that similar.

If someone feels that way I can make it and patch it in.

unless you still think it would be worth having an antenna with different cone and reach from those already available, in that case I would like to understand the purpose of that. In order to make it fit with the general idea of the mod, and maybe giving some funny description :D

Σ Mod Expansion: OPM v0.3 is out!

[TABLE=class: cms_table, width: 50%]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]OPM Bundle

WK3fZaB.png[/TD]

[TD]

Tilt Only

PTljvQ8.png

[/TD]

[TD]

Tilt + Recolor

pxp3VeB.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The expansion is now compatible with Outer Planets Mod 1.6

If you don't have the urlum tilt expansion you don't need to download anything, this patch is basically just fixing the moons positions for those who have the urlum tilt

Enjoy k_cheesy.gif

Edited by Sigma88

Could you perhaps have an alternate version of alternate Sarnus with THIS texture?

VR2zWJj.jpg?1

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101936-Gas-Giant-Textures-%284k-Resolution%29-Taking-Requests?p=1576672&viewfull=1#post1576672

And appropriately colored rings to match?

EDIT: I didn't even notice that this was Urlum's texture already. Nevertheless, I think that as GP2 analog, it deserves this texture. Actually, let me real quick modify the texture to get a better one.

Also, I think Neidon would look really cool with the Jovian - Nebula texture.

EDIT2: Here's a redone GP2 Texture:

RdjIthE.jpg

Edited by GregroxMun

Could you perhaps have an alternate version of alternate Sarnus with THIS texture?

http://i.imgur.com/VR2zWJj.jpg?1

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101936-Gas-Giant-Textures-%284k-Resolution%29-Taking-Requests?p=1576672&viewfull=1#post1576672

And appropriately colored rings to match?

EDIT: I didn't even notice that this was Urlum's texture already. Nevertheless, I think that as GP2 analog, it deserves this texture. Actually, let me real quick modify the texture to get a better one.

Also, I think Neidon would look really cool with the Jovian - Nebula texture.

EDIT2: Here's a redone GP2 Texture:

http://i.imgur.com/RdjIthE.jpg

I think it looks too much like urlum's texture to be used also on sarnus, but you can just overwrite my texture with that one and it will be loaded just fine.

The rings from my recolored sarnus should go well with that, if you want I can tweak the blue but they seem pretty good to me.

as for the jovian nebula, it feels kinda weird compared to the other gas giants.

I think opm staff did a great job capturing the stock feel and converting in the new planets, the whole point of my recolor was to make all the gas giants follow Jool's example of not having a color similar to the real life analogue, but I never intended to change the actual texture (other than it's color)

Anyway, I apreciate the feedback :D

Σ Mod Expansion: OPM v0.3.1 FIX

[TABLE=width: 474]

[TR]

WK3fZaB.png[/TD]

[TD]

Tilt Only

PTljvQ8.png

[/TD]

[TD]

Tilt + Recolor

pxp3VeB.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I noticed that the moons were not properly placed so I made a fix, now they are in the same orbit as in OPM relative to Urlum.

Enjoy :D

Edited by Sigma88

One Issue With The RT antanna's os that they all become avialble in the same technology, please put the antanna with longer range at higher tech trees

yeah, I'm working on that right now.

I will also tweak the mass of each antenna to reflect the different sizes

since RT doesn't change the electric consumptions between those antennas I won't either.

I will also make one or maybe two new antennas to close the gap you were asking before.

I am still a bit jetlagged and since I had to work this week I couldn't get any sleep :D

Also I had the urlum stuff to fix :D

ok, I was finally able to find a way for editing the textures and make them load properly in ksp

I already have all the textures done, I just need to make them compatible and then I can upload the improved version of the RT expansion

It will feature 2 new antennas: 1 rigid and 1 foldable, all the antennas (from my expansion) will be moved around in the tech tree in order to give a better experience in science and career modes.

bpZmmxe.png

Special Easter release, updating both OPM and RT expansions

Σ Mod Expansion: OPM v0.4

Fixed the PluronKhato system textures: resized to save memory (saved 10Mb) and changed the normal maps, now they are much better then the old ones.

Also, an Easter Egg was added to the ΣME:OPM Bundle. Have fun looking for it! You'll find installation info in the zip file.

Σ Mod Expansion: RemoteTech v0.2

Added two new antennas and tweaked the old ones, now they have different costs and tech requirements.

Downloads:

[TABLE=width: 60%]

[TR]

WK3fZaB.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Pluron Khato

UMQcMMs.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center][/TD]

[TD=align: center]RT Antennas

ptVXb07.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Sigma88

Awesome thank you for the RT antennas!

Let me know if you like the new textures, now each antenna has it's own name printed on it.

I'm thinking about making a set of rigid dishes with the same parameters as the RGB antennas to let people choose between foldable or rigid.

but I'm not sure this is something anyone would like/need.

Edited by Sigma88

Also, do you know if PluronKharon is compatible with Trans-Keptunian?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109125-0-90-Trans-Keptunian-for-KopernicusTech-Outer-dwarf-planet-pack-%28v0-3-03-26-15%29

I imagine that as long as their orbits don't cross that it would be? Or is there more to it than that?

Anyway, thanks for the mod; your idea on implementing a binary system in KSP is simple but brilliant.

Also, do you know if PluronKharon is compatible with Trans-Keptunian?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109125-0-90-Trans-Keptunian-for-KopernicusTech-Outer-dwarf-planet-pack-%28v0-3-03-26-15%29

I imagine that as long as their orbits don't cross that it would be? Or is there more to it than that?

Anyway, thanks for the mod; your idea on implementing a binary system in KSP is simple but brilliant.

First of all I'm happy you like my idea. Implementing the binary system was fairly simple, the tricky part was making the two bodies mutually locked. That's the thing I like the most of the Pluto-Charon (and Pluron-Khato) system

answering your compatibility question: there's a parameter when you create planets which is kinda like an unique ID, if TK have some planets with the same id as mine it could be a problem.

Other than that everything is fine, even crossing orbits are fine for KSP (but maybe you may not like them)

you can try using this mod with Transkeptunian and if something breaks let me know, I'll work on a compatibility fix.

back up your saves first :D

edit:

wonderful, now I need to post a new release and the forum doesn't let me open a new post. It keeps merging it with this one :S

well, I'll move the post down later I guess :S

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigma Mod Expansions v0.4.1 BUGFIX

A minor fix, solving a problem with the wrong inclination of moons around Tilted Urlum (AGAIN!) and some minor changes to the Pluron/Khato system

(added flavourtext to the barycenter and removed some line that was causing a glitch from khato's file in the kittopia folder)

Also fixed the folder structure of the RT Antennas Expansion.

[TABLE=width: 55%]

[TR]

WK3fZaB.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Tilt Only

PTljvQ8.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Tilt + Recolor

pxp3VeB.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Pluron Khato

UMQcMMs.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center]RT Antennas

ptVXb07.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

WARNING:

For those of you that installed the RT v0.2 you will need to delete my files from the Remote Tech folder.

For some reason I forgot to put everything into the Sigma folder, so my files went to GameData\RemoteTech\Parts

you can either go there and delete the 6 folders of my antennas or delete the whole RT folder and reinstall both RT and my expansion.

Sorry about that.

Edited by Sigma88

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.