P.E.S.T. - Probe Expansion and Science Things

-ctn-

Hello everyone! I'm releasing my mod, PEST, for now. I will update it as I progress with some things. This mod basically gives two different probe cores for satellites or probes and a few new science parts, because you can never have too much science.

Parts in this mod:

Pods:

SP-X1- Spherical probe core with attachments on both ends, making it useful inside stacks. A little more versatile.

GENSYS - Probe core based off of the Dawn spacecraft. Hollow inside, allows you to store fuel or engines. Is equipped with full SAS, 20 units of monopropellant, and a 200 unit battery.

Utility:

Probe Shock Absorber - Based on the Venera probes, it's a heavy part that can help ensure your probe lands right side up. It also kind of helps with aerobraking.

Science:

Coiled Antenna - Long range, low energy antenna for spacecraft. Pretty simple, has attachment nodes on top and bottom.

Gas Chromatographer - A small device that analyzes the chemical makeup of an atmosphere.

Planned/In-the-Works Parts/Features:

GRaND - Gamma Ray and Neutron Detector. Everything is finished but for some reason it doesn't perform the experiment in-game.

Outer Planets Mod compatibility - Soon...

pestprelim.png

Dawn%20Core.png

License:

The folder PEST and all contents contained within are licensed under a

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

You may copy and redistribute, modify or change any of the contained files as long

as credit is given to "-ctn-" and "Squad," any changes to the original files

are indicated, the material is not used for commercial purposes, and you use the

same license.

Thank you!

-If you use these parts in another mod, please link me to it!

Hopefully you guys enjoy this mod! Please let me know any comments or concerns you have.

Download

Download from Curse

Edited by -ctn-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Regarding the Gamma Ray experiment issues, have you tried making it so that requireAtmosphere = False? It might be the problem because the result conditions require you to be in space. Also, you forgot to properly close off the Gas Chromatography experiment definition.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey CTN ! Thanks a lot this mod is really really cool. I hope you will be able to update this mod. :)

+1 for me!

Also it would be good if you would make two packages, one with sciene only and the other one the complete one (im only using the science part:)

• 4 weeks later...

RemoteTech config:

// venerascience antenna

@PART[venerascience]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:Final
{

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
{
%IsRTActive = true
%Mode0OmniRange = 0
%Mode1OmniRange = 10000000
%EnergyCost = 0.01

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 3
%PacketResourceCost = 2.0
}
}
}

// probecores

@PART[dawn]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
%TechRequired = unmannedTech
%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

@PART[probecore]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {
}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
%TechRequired = unmannedTech
%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

Include this in download if you want to.

Nice mod and quite enjoying it, it'd be nice to be able to surface attach some parts internally on the probe
The way the mesh collider works in the game, that seems to be a limitation / impossible.

Not true at all. I'm guessing that you are using a single cube collider. To be able to make surface attachable parts on the inside of the probe, simply use 4 cube colliders resized into rectangles matching the dimensions of the walls of the cube.

Not true at all. I'm guessing that you are using a single cube collider. To be able to make surface attachable parts on the inside of the probe, simply use 4 cube colliders resized into rectangles matching the dimensions of the walls of the cube.

Yup, I've noticed that now. I did it for my Phoenix Industries CRS mod. I'll revisit this one soon, it was only my second or third try at modding for this game.

• 5 months later...
It's dead, for now. I have several projects in mind, and this is one of them I keep thinking about improving.

I will get it there eventually. Being a parts pack, it probably is still compatible with KSP, though as mentioned, some of the config files have errors in them.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.