We have NASA Parts pack, can we get a SpaceX pack?

Contents to include =

Aerodynamic landing legs of the style seen on the Falcon 9 v1.1

Fold out control surfaces/airbrakes

Propulsive Landing module or aerodynamic version of 24-77

Also maybe to include...

4-Kerbal command pod 2.5m base, 1.875m top, with matching 1.875m covered docking port

Multi-nozzle engine 2.5m. (I usually use widgets to stack 7 - 9 LV-45s, but a single part would be nice)

Also, I know Laztek pack covers all of this, but the aesthetic is real-world in that pack, what i'd like to see is a Kerbalised version of SpaceX's technology.

Final note: I realise I have requested 1 part at the 1.875m scale, and I know It's not a supported size at this time, but I believe it should be.

Yeah, I know about the Laztek pack, but it isn't really "stock-alike." I used to run a long list of mods, but I've been trying to get down to no mods for when 1.0 drops.

The recent real-world use of the landing legs and steering vanes prompted me to try some kerbal recreations, but a 1st stage scale landing leg and a folding control surface or air-brake/drag fin feel like they are missing.

Besides, it could be some good PR for Squad given the recent back and forth banter between Squad and SpaceX.

I would love if we got deployable grid fins so we can do Falcon 9 propulsive landings, and also Soyuz and Shenzhou-like abort modes, with grid fins helping guide the capsule away. Near Future pack has some nice stock-a-like legs in an aerodynamic shroud though.

Should Squad be willing to implement SpaceX like parts with the SpaceX logo and names if given the chance? My opinion is yes.

However, That depends on what SpaceX wants to do. KSP is a for profit game so it is not as easy as Elon tweeting "yes!" There would have to be a agreement for the right to use the IP. There is also the fact that KSP gives you no real reason to use a space station right now. Removing most of the need to use a Dragon capsule in the first place.

Also you have to think about balance issues. SpaceX exists to provide a cheaper alternative to big government rockets. Yet if you make them cheaper to use in KSP. They can break the balance of the game.

Then you have technical problems. Like manned pods not being able to have built in RCS yet. The draco and superdracos are not simple bolt on parts. They are built into the design and leaving them out would mess up the entire design.

I like the sound of that. :) Though not keep on the 1.875m idea as that would add yet another set of tanks, adaptors, and every other part when the probe and 3.75m parts have still got a long way to go before being finished.

Also I'd like a Stock Soyuz pack. It is just so iconic.

It would be much better for introducing the 1.875m range.

Actually after thinking for a bit, 1.875m would work for both Falcon 9 and Soyuz, as well as the space shuttle boosters.

Though not keen on the idea of adding another size line, I have to admit it would be a good size to have.

I am always in favor of more stockalike parts, especially with the whole thing about the spaceplanes being expanded upon with the new aerodynamics system and whatnot.

There is a thread on getting Russian stockalike parts, which I would looooove to see in the game.

Maybe a partial integration of the Space Shuttle Engines mod as icing on the cake? (think engines solely made for asymmetric rockets, with a plugin to boot(plugin fires engines through center of mass, but only on engines using said plugin))

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.