[0.90] Kerbal Environmental Effects Study (KEES)

N3h3mia

Nehemiah Engineering - Kerbal Environmental Effects Study (KEES)

Science and money from experiments based on real space science

Download from Kerbalstuff

Update 0.2.1

• Performance improvements

Requirements

This mod needs Kerbal Attachment System (KAS)

KEES Parts:

Experiments:

• Polished Plate Micrometeoroid and Debris (PPMD)
  • Orbital Debris Collector (ODC)
  • Passive Optical Sample Assemblies I (POSA I)
  • Passive Optical Sample Assemblies II (POSA II)

Additional KEES Parts:

• Passive Experiment Carrier (PEC) used to mount the experiment on the outside of the craft. The PEC is designed for micro gravity it will break of during high G-forces.
  • Payload Container (PC) can hold one PEC and one experiment

The experiments are inspired by the Mir Environmental Effects Payload

figure2a.jpg

Other science mods from Nehemiah Engineering

Nehemiah Engineering offers science for all tech levels.

3s1Doyj.jpg

Contributors

• micha: CLS configurations and bug fixes.
  • whiteout1911: StageRecovery support for contracts
  • The Yellow Dart: Nehemiah Engineering and Kerbal Life Science flag

Testing-Team

• micha
  • Sangrias
  • volkkeslate

License: GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 3

Source code and bug tracker at GitHub

Edited by N3h3mia

Really awesome....but really "big"...52,2 MB (!!!) .

That's because the textures are not compressed. png textures sometimes don't load in the current texture loader and after loading the png have the same size as the uncompressed textures.

That's because the textures are not compressed. png textures sometimes don't load in the current texture loader and after loading the png have the same size as the uncompressed textures.

Its ok,i added to GameData Folder !!!

Nice work!!! :)

Why not bundle all your mods in 1 as there all on the same lines pretty much ?

EDIT- Great job on them all but would be nice to just have to keep track of 1 main post instead of a dozen or so.

Edited by Mecripp2

That's news to me. I use PNG for all of my mods (a batch file I run which extracts all archives in a "downloads" folder and scans for "MBM" or "TGA" files and converts them to PNG) and I have yet to experience anything not loading properly. TGA format has problems sometimes in the current loader. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

That's news to me. I use PNG for all of my mods (a batch file I run which extracts all archives in a "downloads" folder and scans for "MBM" or "TGA" files and converts them to PNG) and I have yet to experience anything not loading properly. TGA format has problems sometimes in the current loader. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

Your right, the loading issues is limited to TGA, the problems with PNG is that sometimes PNG don't get mipmaps generated. I run into the TGA issue and replacing it with something that comes with an other issue seemed not to be the best solution. Disk space is normally not a big issue in times of TB-disks and the zip you download are highly compressed so download speed is not affected. That let me to choose MBM as texture format. Here is the source of my information.

• 4 weeks later...

Hm seems like you don't get the contract completed unless you bring home the experiment in a KEES container?

I had it in a kerbal's KIS inventory and though i got the science for retrieving the experiment, the contract was uncompleted

Hm seems like you don't get the contract completed unless you bring home the experiment in a KEES container?

I had it in a kerbal's KIS inventory and though i got the science for retrieving the experiment, the contract was uncompleted

Same for me...got the science, but not the completion. Experiments finalized and stored in KIS inventory.

Same for me...got the science, but not the completion. Experiments finalized and stored in KIS inventory.

Nehemia hasn't updated the mod for KIS compatibility yet. Use KAS to grab the experiment and store the result in a command pod if you don't want to return the experiment holders back to Kerbin.

Nehemia hasn't updated the mod for KIS compatibility yet. Use KAS to grab the experiment and store the result in a command pod if you don't want to return the experiment holders back to Kerbin.

That's it. Sorry for the delay but I'm very busy right now. The contract system for KEES is older than KIS so it can not support it. It support any kind of KAS containers.

I am trying to perform the POSA I experiment. I get it set up and start it running. I go back into my capsule and wait for the experiment to complete. I am in an 71 peri 150ap type orbit. At some point, not sure where I am, I get an failure message for the experiment saying that I have change location. Well of course I have I'm in an elliptical orbit travelling very fast. Naturally my location is changing. Should I be in a Keosynchronus Orbit? Or what? I love your science mods. They add a great deal of variety to the game.

I am trying to perform the POSA I experiment. I get it set up and start it running. I go back into my capsule and wait for the experiment to complete. I am in an 71 peri 150ap type orbit. At some point, not sure where I am, I get an failure message for the experiment saying that I have change location. Well of course I have I'm in an elliptical orbit travelling very fast. Naturally my location is changing. Should I be in a Keosynchronus Orbit? Or what? I love your science mods. They add a great deal of variety to the game.

The location refers to the "science location" your orbit probably moves from "low in space over Kerbin" to "high in space" I don't know the number by heart. ExplorerKlatt is right, try a less elliptical orbit. And I'm glad you like the mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made an UNOFFICIAL EXPERIMENTAL build of this mod for KSP 1.x while N3h3mia is away, for testing purposes. This build also uses KIS instead of KAS (although may not work as designed; I've only done rudimentary testing).

If people want to try it out, the thread with the download link is here. If you do try it out, DO NOT raise bug reports directly to N3h3mia nor to this thread; raise any issues or comments in the unofficial build thread, and I will collate them for N3h3mia on his return.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you all enjoy the 1.0 release of KSP. I’m currently in Germany to finish my Bachelor's degree. Because of that I had no time to test the new KSP version and to test my mods with the 1.0 version. Kudos to Micha for the unofficial fix.

I’ll update my mods but I have to finish some papers for my degree and to plan my move to Bern where I’ll continue my studies in fall and in addition I need to look for some money to live on. I’m a gamer too and I know this sucks but I just don’t have the time right now. But I still love KSP and the community and a have some ideas for some additional parts and experiments. Please be patient.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody, here’s a short update. Next week on Tuesday I’ll take my last exam for my bachelors degree. After this exam all that’s left is celebrating. :-) The good news is that I’ll plan to work on the mod in august. So you can look forward to an official update and maybe even some new experiments in the near future

• 3 months later...

in orbit recover the PEC and experiment tray into a KIS container

then land

then mount the PEC followed by the experiment

just be sure the ship has come to a complete stop and you mount the PEC where the wieght change won't cause the ship to roll

a slow roll caused the PEC to explode on me

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.