Kemini Research Program - Early science and money

N3h3mia

Does the irradiance scanner in the 'pie wedge' container the same as the D7 experiment? D7 was described as using an irradiance scanner. If it is NOT the same then never mind. If it IS the same using the 'pie wedge' stored irradiance scanner does not update the contract when used. I think it may be a misunderstanding on my part.

Does the irradiance scanner in the 'pie wedge' container the same as the D7 experiment? D7 was described as using an irradiance scanner. If it is NOT the same then never mind. If it IS the same using the 'pie wedge' stored irradiance scanner does not update the contract when used. I think it may be a misunderstanding on my part.

It is not the same, the wedge part is from DMagci's mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting an error in my log

LOG 14:30:31.197] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'JFJohnny5/Parts/K2_CommandPod/K2Pod/K2Pod'[ERR 14:30:31.227] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'GeometryPartModule'

[ERR 14:30:31.228] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'GeometryPartModule'

[ERR 14:30:31.228] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARAeroPartModule'

[LOG 14:30:31.239] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Found TRANSMITTER block.
[LOG 14:30:31.241] Tac.LifeSupportModule[FFF9FBE8][212.88]: OnAwake
[ERR 14:30:31.297] [NE] Error: Lab GetLabEquipmentSlotFromNode: LabEquipmentSlotNode null

[EXC 14:30:31.315] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ScienceExperiment].Add (System.String key, .ScienceExperiment value)
ResearchAndDevelopment.loadExperiments ()
ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperiment (System.String experimentID)
NE_Science.ExperimentStorage.setExperiment (NE_Science.ExperimentData experimentData)
NE_Science.ExperimentStorage.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 14:30:31.339] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel ()
ModuleScienceContainer.GetActiveVesselDataCount ()
ModuleScienceContainer.updateModuleUI ()
ModuleScienceContainer.OnStart (StartState state)
Part.ModulesOnStart ()
Part+.MoveNext ()
[EXC 14:30:31.340] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DeadlyReentry.ModuleHeatShield.Start ()
[EXC 14:30:31.344] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
JSI.RasterPropMonitorComputer.FetchPerPartData ()
JSI.RasterPropMonitorComputer.Start ()

and getting stuck on the compiling of the K2 pod after the final patches of MM. Let me know what else you need. Linux x64 latest on all mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Strangest part is it had been working fine for weeks now and suddenly I am having this issue and nothing related as been updated recently AFAIK. Hope you can help.

New error after removing the K2.cfg file

[LOG 14:53:22.663] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'NehemiahInc/MultiPurposeParts/Parts/ExperimentContainer/esc1/NE_ESC1'[EXC 14:53:22.695] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ScienceExperiment].Add (System.String key, .ScienceExperiment value)
ResearchAndDevelopment.loadExperiments ()
ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperiment (System.String experimentID)
NE_Science.ExperimentStorage.setExperiment (NE_Science.ExperimentData experimentData)
NE_Science.ExperimentStorage.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
[ERR 14:53:22.698] [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id

Edited by Svm420

That's strange the 2 different exceptions are confusing. My first guess is that some how you have multiple experiment definitions, because the exceptions are complaining about a duplicated key. But I'm not sure why you would get this error when parsing the esc1 config file. The experiment definitions are in the Resource folders (e.g. NehemiahInc/Kemini/Resources/Kemini_Experiments.cfg) make sure you have no copies of those files in your installation.

• 2 weeks later...
I was able to get this working by looking through output_log, thanks for the suggestions.

This was a result of my using KSP MOD Admin to install the mod. It chose not to maintain the folder structure in the zip file, ignoring the top-level NehemiahInc folder and instead installing all of the sub folders directly into Gamedata. When KSP tried loading the experiments, it was attempting to clone a model with a absolute path of /NehemiahInc/... which of course, failed.

I can only assume it did so to support it's conflict resolution; If you have multiple part.cfg files, for instance, how else could you tell if they conflicted other that by the path, which would need to assume that they would all have roughly the same depth. (Well, I guess you could look inside the .cfgs for various keys. would be easier if there was versioning info in there. I guess that's what CKAN is doing with metadata. Now I'm way off on a tangent)

Regardless, I was able to override this behavior in KSP MOD Admin by overriding the automatic destination of the NehemiahInc folder (right click, set destination, Gamedata). Maybe it's time to switch to CKAN, there seems to be a fair amount of momentum in that direction.

Thanks again, I look forward to running these experiments.

Thanks very much for posting this fix, I was absolutely stumped when this same thing happened to me.

Edit1: Hey N3h3mia, you always seem to have more experiments you want to add to your work, any hints about what you plan to add to this mod?

Edit2: Just reread the thread and saw your post about no real updates until August, thank you for letting us know! :)

Edited by parrots

I've made an UNOFFICIAL EXPERIMENTAL build of this mod for KSP 1.x while N3h3mia is away, for testing purposes.

If people want to try it out, the thread with the download link is here. If you do try it out, DO NOT raise bug reports directly to N3h3mia nor to this thread; raise any issues or comments in the unofficial build thread, and I will collate them for N3h3mia on his return.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you all enjoy the 1.0 release of KSP. I’m currently in Germany to finish my Bachelor's degree. Because of that I had no time to test the new KSP version and to test my mods with the 1.0 version. Kudos to Micha for the unofficial fix.

I’ll update my mods but I have to finish some papers for my degree and to plan my move to Bern where I’ll continue my studies in fall and in addition I need to look for some money to live on. I’m a gamer too and I know this sucks but I just don’t have the time right now. But I still love KSP and the community and a have some ideas for some additional parts and experiments. Please be patient.

I’m currently in Germany to finish my Bachelor's degree. Because of that I had no time to test the new KSP version and to test my mods with the 1.0 version. Kudos to Micha for the unofficial fix.

I’ll update my mods but I have to finish some papers for my degree and to plan my move to Bern where I’ll continue my studies in fall and in addition I need to look for some money to live on. I’m a gamer too and I know this sucks but I just don’t have the time right now. But I still love KSP and the community and a have some ideas for some additional parts and experiments. Please be patient.

Gratz, Have Fun, Good Luck, and we'll see you when your settled!

one step at a time and don't overextend.

cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody, here’s a short update. Next week on Tuesday I’ll take my last exam for my bachelors degree. After this exam all that’s left is celebrating. :-) The good news is that I’ll plan to work on the mod in august. So you can look forward to an official update and maybe even some new experiments in the near future

• 1 year later...

I'm forking this and will send a push request when I'm done.  I'll add support for trails and BDB, Trails is Beale's seperate Gemini pod, which I now maintain, and BDB uses the same capsule in its parts.

Theres a more up to date thread, here...

So, I'll do the patches for that one.

Edited by tg626

1 hour ago, tg626 said:

I'm forking this and will send a push request when I'm done.  I'll add support for trails and BDB, Trails is Beale's seperate Gemini pod, which I now maintain, and BDB uses the same capsule in its parts.

I believe Micha's unofficial fix is still more up to date, make sure you're working off that.

• 9 months later...

Just FYI, I'm currently the official maintainer of Nehemiah's mod collection until such a time as he is able to resume this hobby.

As far as the Kemini Research Program is concerned, I've just made a pre-release which allows people to add additional experiments to it just by editing the configuration files.

Please continue any further discussions for this mod here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.