[0.90][WIP][KopernicusTech] Kerbol Plus-v.1.5.5-Revamped textures and bugfixing

amarius1

Kerbol Plus

Current Version: 1.5.5

FRO6RIX.png

Welcome to Kerbol Plus (K+), an expansion to the stock solar system. K+ aims to expand the Kerbol system by adding new planets and dwarf planets. As of the current release K+ adds 4 new moons orbiting a blue ringed gas giant and 4 new moonlets, increasing the challenge and the fun of KSP.

Screenshots

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Crew:

Amarius1 - configs and other fun implementations

KillAshley - texture polishing and config modifications

Instalation:

1. Download.

2. Put all the files from the download in GameData.

3. Profit!

To Do List

Finish Biomes for all new planets.

Additional moons or asteroids?

Intergration with ScanSat, DistantObjectEnhancement, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and Karbonite/Regolith.

Better textures and terrain for the moons.

Thanks to /u/CaptRobau and /u/Eudae55 on reddit, for helping me with all the problems I had. Special thanks to KillAhley for being such a texture genius, and helping me with the pack.

Changelog

* Revamped textures.

* Changed all the textures to .png format.

* Bugfixing.

License

88x31.png

Edited by amarius1

Well, I am making this pack after the original plans of the developers about GP2.

Also, yes, Potatus may have oblateness in the future. I will also add comets with dust taild right after I finish the third gas giant and it's moons. But in meantime i have to finish Sarvin first, also, the problem with PQS is solved! I even landed on Potatus! It has the most rocky surface you could ever imagine.

I really like this! Though, I'd prefer if you made "GP3" The massive super terrestrial planet that NovaSilisko described, 6 Gs, 30 atm pressures and such.

(By the way, please remove the #0 from the Imgur Album in the first post! It'll make it look better)

Yes. It's harder to make it rotate faster than making it oblate...

- - - Updated - - -

I have a bug I encountered wile I was testing today some better surfaces for my mod: shadows are not displaying corectly on the moons! Like, there should be day on that moon but in map mode and hight in orbit the place where it should have been day is now terminator zone! Help, only happens in map mode and hight over orbits. Here's a link to what I'm refering to:

- - - Updated - - -

Also for the next update I plan to remake most of the planet terrain and tweak orbits and possibly add some kind of "haze" on Daphy with the help of planetary particles.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a bug I encountered wile I was testing today some better surfaces for my mod: shadows are not displaying corectly on the moons! Like, there should be day on that moon but in map mode and hight in orbit the place where it should have been day is now terminator zone! Help, only happens in map mode and hight over orbits.

Common bug, convert your textures to DDS, for 1) it loads alot quicker and 2) it auto fixes that by converting one of the textures (not sure which one) and gives it a 50% transparency, and that fixes the rotated shadows in Map view

Thank you man! See? That's why the Kerbal comu ity is the best! :) I anyway planned to convert to dds. Also, do you know a way to make a texture much more hight quality? Next update: an oblate Potatos, .dds conversion and a load of other things!

Thank you man! See? That's why the Kerbal comu ity is the best! :) I anyway planned to convert to dds. Also, do you know a way to make a texture much more hight quality? Next update: an oblate Potatos, .dds conversion and a load of other things!

kumm... I think to make the textures a higher resolution you just make them at double the default size xpx but don't quote me on that... ask CaptRobau

I allready knew that, my first mod added mons to all the gas giants in OPM aand some dwarf planets but the project is continued by _Augustus_.

So are you gonna stop with your version of OP+ and help with Augustus' one? Or not?

Well, I will stop working on my original one after I release another updates to make sure everything is finished. I learned alot when making Kerbol+ and now I know how to fix stuff myself, learned some more PQS mechanics, how to make height maps match the tsxture... here's a tip when making planets: you only need a color map. To make a height map just get a monocrome color map and for normals use a specific onlyne tool where you use the created height map. I don't remember the link to that online tool... also, to make monocrome texture (height map) from your color map, you can use Photoshop online.

Good news everybody! Ocean planet (titan analog) is coming along with large green seas and a frozen smooth terrain. Also, islands and atmosphere.

Next update Fonso will get a tiny atmosphere and HUGE peaks that extend beyond it's atmosphere.

The 4 asteroids orbiting Sarvin will be given custom asteroid textures and rocky appearance.

Planetshine support.

A new giant yellow extreme (harder to take off than Eve) rocky planet with no moons (yet).

Good news everybody! Ocean planet (titan analog) is coming along with large green seas and a frozen smooth terrain. Also, islands and atmosphere.

Next update Fonso will get a tiny atmosphere and HUGE peaks that extend beyond it's atmosphere.

The 4 asteroids orbiting Sarvin will be given custom asteroid textures and rocky appearance.

Planetshine support.

A new giant yellow extreme (harder to take off than Eve) rocky planet with no moons (yet).

OPM already has an Titan analog

Yeah, OPM also allready has GasGiants but they'rw goin' for realism. Instead, I'm making my pack based on Nova's old plans for future planets. Also, good news, a friend just sent me 20 nice textures to use in this pack.

The titan analog is called Tauton and it has white and pink mountains with green sees (that's WIP since the sea curently is just 8 cm depht) and a working atmosphere. The update will also contain many more terrain tweaks and .dds texture conversion to fix a shader bug.

Just tested the Tauton moon and took pictures but I didn't have time to post the imgur albu .

Yeah, OPM also allready has GasGiants but they'rw goin' for realism. Instead, I'm making my pack based on Nova's old plans for future planets. Also, good news, a friend just sent me 20 nice textures to use in this pack.

The titan analog is called Tauton and it has white and pink mountains with green sees (that's WIP since the sea curently is just 8 cm depht) and a working atmosphere. The update will also contain many more terrain tweaks and .dds texture conversion to fix a shader bug.

Just tested the Tauton moon and took pictures but I didn't have time to post the imgur albu .

ok then, can't wait

I can't wait too... also, I'm now downloading Augustus' OP+ to see how he dealed with oceans...

also, do I nead a normal map for planets? the next release will include the things above + some performance and imrovements since my pack grown qlmost as big as OPM. But I hope it will be as good as that... the only difference between my pack and OPM is that I'm actualy going for the original planet plans from SQUAD and making the planets much realistic.

In the future, the pack will not only add planets but modify existing planets to make them more realistic and better quality.

• 4 weeks later...

well, its based on the future Gas planet 2 from squad. Stay tuned for a texture and terrain update that will be released with the help of KillAshley, the creator of New Horizonts. He is a texture genius. It looks so gorgeous...

Wile you wait, here's a sneek peak:

L7SK1ys.png

XDavh4H.png

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.