OMSK Space Products - Stockalike Atlas rockets & more! [Omich-L Beta]

SnowWhite

No it scales to 1.875 m

I know. But for ease of ingame sizes, it's better to keep it 2.5m. It's too hard to stick 2 Kerbals into a 1.25m pod in the shape of Gemini, plus they need their helmets (for EVAs). Otherwise, the sizing doesn't bother me very much. However, if you can find a post of Beale stating that he's going to resize the Gemini like you said, I'd be very curious to see. Honestly, I'd rather see the Atlas here rescaled to be 1.875m.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Does anyone know if this thread is still live?

I don't believe SnowWhite mods much anymore. They post occasionally.

For what it's worth, I have Atlas I/II, V, and Redstone parts in BDB, which was partially inspired by OMSK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Is there a possibility of reviving this for 1.1? Eh, @SnowWhite??:P

I was going to plug BDB but iirc that's not @MajorLeaugeRocketScience's cup of tea.

... exactly how much appeal is there in releasing a 'OMSK-alike' version of BDB that is just the Redstone, Atlas I, and Atlas V?

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I was going to plug BDB but iirc that's not @MajorLeaugeRocketScience's cup of tea.

... exactly how much appeal is there in releasing a 'OMSK-alike' version of BDB that is just the Redstone, Atlas I, and Atlas V?

I would love to have that. Loved this mod for it's simplicity (not sure that's the right word). Vanilla BDB is for me (as wonderful as it looks) a little overwhelming.

Just now, lrd.Helmet said:

I would love to have that. Loved this mod for it's simplicity (not sure that's the right word). Vanilla BDB is for me (as wonderful as it looks) a little overwhelming.

I know. :( It's only going to get worse. The issue is that it would be a *lot* of work to split it up into packs and maintain them separately. If anything, I'm more daunted by that prospect than I am for doing Saturn.

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I know. :( It's only going to get worse. The issue is that it would be a *lot* of work to split it up into packs and maintain them separately. If anything, I'm more daunted by that prospect than I am for doing Saturn.

If anything, OMSK would fit great in BDB. Any way you could adopt or integrate? You'd be the perfect candidate. BDB is overwhelming, and because there's just so much in it, I usually don't install it unless I want something specific out of it. I think in general, chopping BDB into more bite-size pieces would help. I'd love to just be able to easily install specific sets of parts rather than the entirety. I can't possibly use the entire pack, and so much of it just ends up being clutter. A OMSK pack for all the Atlas stuff would be a good pack on it's own.

16 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Actually, I use your mod a lot :D I gave up on realistic stuff awhile ago because I was done with all of the RO bugs and those mods only worked in RO, so I'm back to stockalike.

I would love to have a OMSKish update for your mod! :)

1 minute ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Actually, I use your mod a lot :D I gave up on realistic stuff awhile ago because I was done with all of the RO bugs and those mods only worked in RO, so I'm back to stockalike.

I would love to have a OMSKish update for your mod! :)

NOICE :D Stockalike is where is at

OMSK, I just think BDB is MUCH better.

I still use OMSK as a source for redstone and early-end Atlas parts for my NASA career-mode mod.
I tried out using one or two alternative packs (such as BDB) for these two launchers, but they were too "heavy" and I ended up having to remove so many parts that it felt like a waste to have them as dependencies. I'd love to adopt the redstone and atlas parts if snowwhite ever decided to "officially" abandon the mod and allow it.

Edited by tjsnh

4 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

I still use OMSK as a source for redstone and early-end Atlas parts for my NASA career-mode mod.
I tried out using one or two alternative packs (such as BDB) for these two launchers, but they were too "heavy" and I ended up having to remove so many parts that it felt like a waste to have them as dependencies. I'd love to adopt the redstone and atlas parts if snowwhite ever decided to "officially" abandon the mod and allow it.

The license allows for redistribution if I understand correctly. So if you could that would be amazing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.