OMSK Space Products - Stockalike Atlas rockets & more! [Omich-L Beta]

SnowWhite

23 minutes ago, tjsnh said:
13 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

It does. Lets see if I can figure out how to revive it.... :confused:

Oh... Um.... Release is KerbalStuff, which I forgot is no more :D

@tjsnh Said he still uses it. So maybe he can provide a set?

Edited by lrd.Helmet
Forum broke..?

16 minutes ago, lrd.Helmet said:

The license allows for redistribution if I understand correctly. So if you could that would be amazing.

I know, but I always like to have permission first anyway. I redistribute a few parts (from mods no longer maintained, or that were removed from other active mods by the creators) in my career-mode mods, thus far all with the blessing of the original creators. I'd like to keep that going.

Edited by tjsnh

1 minute ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Does anyone still have the file? I did a full PC search and don't have it

I do, I can have a look when I get home and see if I can upload it somewhere.

@above commenters who replied to me

I completely understand the sentiment of BDB being too heavy (I often have to spend a bit too long finding things in the VAB) and as much as I'd like to ignore it, the mod really is overdue for being split up. The problem is, while it is modular to an extent, there are some... unfortunate decisions that were made. For example, the Vanguard, Thor, and Redstone rockets share texture sheets for their tanks. So any pack that includes one would have to include all of those. Apart from that, I cannot think of too much else that would present an issue. The next question becomes, how do I split it up (ie what to include in each pack), and how do I transition to a new distribution method? However, that discussion should continue over at the BDB thread. 

@tjsnh I know SnowWhite posts in the Russian section of the forum sometimes. Perhaps @Niemand303 has a way of contacting them? I know @VenomousRequiem has him on Steam and can likely get a hold of him. I'd rather OMSK stay an option rather than have it completely die out. In any case, since you *do* have those files, make sure to back them up before something stupid happens and they are lost forever!

OMSK 3.7 , which I think was the last version, plus the fuel tank textures without the USAF logos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sze74odq1pulwd0/omsk.zip?dl=0

I reached out to SnowWhite in a couple of places, if I don't hear back in about a month I'll just start including the parts in my NASA mod under CreativeCommons. It's truly a shame when stuff gets abandoned.

Edited by tjsnh

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

OMSK 3.7 , which I think was the last version, plus the fuel tank textures without the USAF logos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sze74odq1pulwd0/omsk.zip?dl=0

I reached out to SnowWhite in a couple of places, if I don't hear back in about a month I'll just start including the parts in my NASA mod under CreativeCommons. It's truly a shame when stuff gets abandoned.

Awesome! thanks!

Edit: Do I need to do anything to get it to work in 1.1 or should it work right of the bat?

Edited by lrd.Helmet

I looked at the code, almost everything is still good. There is a missing line of code somewhere for all of them (I counted all the lines) so I'll find it later. Other than that, just a few bugs here and there. Omich-L looks almost perfect

Does anyone have the straight textures for the atlas main tank? I can't get them with my stupid Windows 8 but I need them.... For something...

EDIT: Omich-L is running. Just tweaked it's temperature values

Edited by MajorLeaugeRocketScience

1 hour ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

I looked at the code, almost everything is still good. There is a missing line of code somewhere for all of them (I counted all the lines) so I'll find it later. Other than that, just a few bugs here and there. Omich-L looks almost perfect

Does anyone have the straight textures for the atlas main tank? I can't get them with my stupid Windows 8 but I need them.... For something...

EDIT: Omich-L is running. Just tweaked it's temperature values

Where did you get that Omich? :)

I tried it and it seems to work fine. I've downscaled the Atlas-I to be more in line with the centaur stage though.

1 hour ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

In the OP. Also, because of my clumsiness I lost it again. Time to start from scratch...

So, anyone have the Atlas Main tank textures?

they should be in that dropbox file? Or do you mean something else. 

And yeah I found the omich, I was being dense...

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, dylsh said:

I know this is a very old thread. But considering this is a parts mod, is it still good with current KSP?

When no one has posted for three years chances are low that many, if any, are using it. So instead of posting, download and install it and see what happens.

4 hours ago, dylsh said:

I know this is a very old thread. But considering this is a parts mod, is it still good with current KSP?

2 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

When no one has posted for three years chances are low that many, if any, are using it. So instead of posting, download and install it and see what happens.

There's also the kiiiiinda spiritual successor, Bluedog Design Bureau:

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

There's also the kiiiiinda spiritual successor, Bluedog Design Bureau

Yes, and BDB is (IMO) in every way superior to this mod, unless you really like cartoony rocket engines. BDB has a ton of very useful parts for general use or you can use them to build many historical vehicles, it's one of the required part mods for my games.

45 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Yes, and BDB is (IMO) in every way superior to this mod, unless you really like cartoony rocket engines. BDB has a ton of very useful parts for general use or you can use them to build many historical vehicles, it's one of the required part mods for my games.

I can see this pack looking and fitting in better for launching and use with any of the USI mods, rather than BDB.

Edited by Stone Blue

Just now, Stone Blue said:

I can see this pack looking better than BDB for launching and use with any of the USI mods.

That's a good point, I just started using USI/LS and wasn't considering that. I still think BDB looks much better but that's also an aesthetic preference and therefore your mileage may vary.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.