[WIP][1.4.4]GPWS - Warning System for Planes - 2018-07-15

bssthu

On 2016/7/9 at 5:57 PM, THX1138 said:

Okay. It would be a cool think to have on the lander mode. In any case, this is probably another stupid thing to ask but I keep forgetting to raise my landing gear after taking off; could a warning for that be added? Thanks for the mod as it is, either way. :)

How about say "gear up" once after take off? Thanks for advice again.

2 hours ago, bssthu said:

How about say "gear up" once after take off? Thanks for advice again.

Yeah, that'd be great with a small delay, like 5-10 seconds? (I personally need time to get my craft steady and oriented before I can relax and process more information but I don't know if that's typical; I've usually started to veer in one direction or another by the time I'm taking off)

• 3 months later...

Just found this mod and very pleased with, can't tell you how long i been waiting for something like this! Looking forward to things like overspeed, but have considered a master caution alarm? If you break off a part , such as a tail strike or losing a wing tip, it would be nice to have a master caution to reflect this? :D 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This seems to still work in 1.8.1 :D
Altho the volume of the warnings is easily over-ridden and hard to hear over engine and other sounds... vOv
I guess would be nice if there was a volume control?
I suppose I should poke around the mod moar to see if there actually are :P

Would be nice if this mod also had warnings for excessive G-force (pilot blackout)... Unless I am just missing something vOv

Seems this olddd similar mod had it:

• - Dynamic Over G warning (the longest you get forces, the less "tolerant" it gets

• 1 year later...

Just installed it on 1.11.2, and YES!... it does seem to still work. Tho I am sure it could probably use a checing over, and at least a .NET 4.8 update for future compatability.

Thanx @Nicolas xd for bringing this up again, and to my attention ;)

I am putting together a parts mod, with support for many mods, and I just added support for this. ;)  Now to see if it conflicts with Ground Proximity, which i also have part support for...

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Tho I am sure it could probably use a checing over, and at least a .NET 4.8 update for future compatability.

I suppose I could take a look

Edit: I had forked this a while ago, will get it packaged up for a release

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Also, the "Gear up" audio was broken, I have that fixed

Really?... how so?... I was getting it... vOv

Would it be a lot of work to add a "Gear Down" warning, if the gear are up, when you reach a user definable altitude? lie, coming in a for a landing, and youve forgotten to put the gear *down* ... vOv :P

10 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Really?... how so?... I was getting it... vOv

Would it be a lot of work to add a "Gear Down" warning, if the gear are up, when you reach a user definable altitude? lie, coming in a for a landing, and youve forgotten to put the gear *down* ... vOv :P

I'll review, but it had some strange timing issues.

Gear Down would be doable, but was not planning on spending a lot of time on changes.  I'll review the Gear Up, and see if gear down would take too much time, but no promises

31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll review, but it had some strange timing issues.

Hmm.. I'll take note, & see if I *hear* anything... It was inda hard to pay close attention, what with trying to control the unstable Hopper craft I was testing with... lol

32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Gear Down would be doable, but was not planning on spending a lot of time on changes.  I'll review the Gear Up, and see if gear down would take too much time, but no promises

No problem... ;)

I figured out why I wasn't getting the gear  up.  I had done some mild optimizations which changed the timing a bit.

I'm also going to pass on the "gear down" for now.  I started thinking about it, and it can be a can of worms

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.