PAX East tomorrow!

CocoDaPuf

Scott recently uploaded a video showing that there was some kind of PAX challenge created. Does anyone know where I can find the save? I'd like to try.

Yeah, I'd like to try that, too. Couldn't find it anywhere though.

Well there was a KSP tournament. I don't have the save, but I can probably describe it.

Here's the gist of it. We all started in a science mode game with only three techs unlocked ("survivability", "basic rocketry" and "science tech") Just enough to give us a science jr and a mystery goo. Our goal was to rescue three kerbals who were stranded in orbit around 3 different planets in the Kerbol system, one around Duna, one around Eve, one around Moho. We had two hours to get all three Kerbals back to Kerbin. Basically that meant there were two phases, phase one: gather science as fast as possible, phase two: rescue kerbals.

Long story short, after the first hour nobody was even close, so the win condition was changed, first to rescue any one kerbal wins. Then it got changed again, first to just get to a circular orbit of Moho wins.

I could have rescued the kerbal around Duna before time ran out, maybe Eve too, but I was never going to even get to Moho in time. Also, It was all a lot harder with an unmodded game. Kerbal Engineer would have helped a ton... Needing to guess the dv of my rockets made me redesign things a couple times.

That corresponds to what Scott was saying in his video, although I didn't know about the repeatedly relaxed winning conditions, so thank you for that.

I guess the savegame is not for download anywhere. Well, nevermind luckily there's lots of other stuff to do in the kerbalverse.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.