T.A.P.O.R. KSP SimPit Oddyssey

T.A.P.O.R.

Wow, had to jump through some hoops to get it working in my ancient music PC. Getting it to work with KSP seems considerably more cumbersome.

I really don't want to have to deal with Java anymore. There must be an easier solution.

That is seriously awesome. I love it. Would work so nicely along with your built controller.

In fact, you should just use the novation launchpad just for inputs and use the power of your controller just to display information :) 

• 11 months later...

It's a miracle, my thread survived the forum collapse!

Well it seems that a year has passed since my last post. I finally finished that pesky accounting diploma.
Its taken some adjusting to having guilt free spare time, but I'm getting back into my projects :)

The MDF & Masonite chassis got damaged when something fell on it whilst waiting for my attention, so I've scrapped that plan.

My next iteration will most likely be on plywood.
I had some inspiration re: the decals and it comes from a tutorial I saw on transferring photos to a wood block.
The basic idea is to print the reverse of your design with a laser printer, paste it down with some goop called "Gel Medium".
Then dampen the paper and gently rub it off leaving the ink bonded to the Gel Medium which is in turn affixed to the wood.

We have a long weekend coming up, so I'm going to give it a shot and will post the results.

If that turns out no good, it'll probably be scaled down and placed in that red & white box from the earlier pages in this thread.

• 1 month later...

I tried the gel medium method with a photo.

#1 don't use photo paper.

#2 it'll work, but it will also add a patina of age to the decals.
The last layer of paper is really hard to get off. This makes the final image a little cloudy.
It has a pleasing effect on photographs, but maybe not so good for professional decal results.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.