[1.3.0] Stork Delivery System [SDS] version 0.2.6 [30.05.2017]

riocrokite

Just seeing this for first time, very well done!!

As a MKS and all around KSP mining junkie this is the kinda lightweight mod I LOVE to see. So simple yet SO functional...one look at the provided screenshot and design ideas shoot to mind!

Thank you for this =)

There is a typo in "FrameVerticalLandingMedium" and "FrameVerticalLandingShort":

explosiveNodeID = top1

shut be

explosiveNodeID = top

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KermangeddonIndustries/Stork/FVL-M/FrameVerticalLandingMedium'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KermangeddonIndustries/Stork/FVL-S/FrameVerticalLandingShort'

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

having stuck with drill bit container for another mod here's some stuff I've started working on for the next update: stork-KIS lander with integrated fuel tanks, compatible with stork M legs and it has mounts for 6 small engines:

zT6Wh1d.jpg

v4bIdqd.jpg

NLQviGh.jpg

vFeKRrT.png

Edited by riocrokite

Slightly OT, but...

Could someone help me out and elaborate on this bug described in the OP:

"When placing engines above center of mass be sure to either lock gimbals or not use SAS because of KSP bug."

I have been having some weird things happen in space with uncommanded manouvres and navball weirdness and the above is about the closest thing I have found so far to a cause. I have been able to work around it, but Im not sure which of the things I try actually solves it, although turning off any/all things related to manouvres seems to kill it (eg: disabling SAS, SMARTASS, disabling torque on any command parts). Last time, it was solved by jettisoning the rear stage, which I think was screwing with my CoM becuase it span away in weird arcs.

Is there a list of known bugs/workarounds or do you just have to trawl the support forums?

Anyhoo, sorry for the OT post, any help or re-direction greatly appreciated.

beau...ti...ful....drool...

cheers, btw any suggestions are welcome

Slightly OT, but...

Could someone help me out and elaborate on this bug described in the OP:

"When placing engines above center of mass be sure to either lock gimbals or not use SAS because of KSP bug."

I have been having some weird things happen in space with uncommanded manouvres and navball weirdness and the above is about the closest thing I have found so far to a cause. I have been able to work around it, but Im not sure which of the things I try actually solves it, although turning off any/all things related to manouvres seems to kill it (eg: disabling SAS, SMARTASS, disabling torque on any command parts). Last time, it was solved by jettisoning the rear stage, which I think was screwing with my CoM becuase it span away in weird arcs.

Is there a list of known bugs/workarounds or do you just have to trawl the support forums?

Anyhoo, sorry for the OT post, any help or re-direction greatly appreciated.

Best solution in my experience was just to disable gimbals of engines that caused troubles.

These are already capable of holding the largest parts.

Actually it has become relevant question again, stork legs alone can deliver 3.75m parts however lander won't fit it due to smaller than required tolerance:

vCO0Rk5.png?1

Advanced warning: I'll have to remodel stork legs (mostly make them taller(!) and tad wider), so the next update might break savegames.

Actually it has become relevant question again, stork legs alone can deliver 3.75m parts however lander won't fit it due to smaller than required tolerance:

http://i.imgur.com/vCO0Rk5.png?1

Advanced warning: I'll have to remodel stork legs (mostly make them taller(!) and tad wider), so the next update might break savegames.

Ive got no problem with a breaking change :)

I dont know about most people, but i know once i've landed something with a Stork System, i usually recycle the Lander parts (via MKS scrapping) so it wont affect me.

I separated stork lander from side tanks. In effect you gain more deltaV dropping tanks mid-flight. Each side tank has same stats as FL-T800 (smaller diameter but longer, in effect it's easier to fit it within fairing). Bottom tanks (inseparable) = 4 x FL-T800. You can mount up to 6 side tanks giving you total of 10 x FL-t800 fuel.

gy11xPd.png

xDpEDWQ.png

(I don't know why they fly a bit forward but it's not a big issue for me atm)

Integrating stuff into stork lander: sas, battery and solar panels on top doors (which means you can open them if you're flying towards the sun). the only thing that needs to be integrated are lights and maybe small core probe with limited range antenna.

GbLxxrk.png

TnoLzcq.png

Edited by riocrokite

Integrating stuff into stork lander: sas, battery and solar panels on top doors (which means you can open them if you're flying towards the sun). the only thing that needs to be integrated are lights and maybe small core probe with limited range antenna.

http://i.imgur.com/GbLxxrk.png

http://i.imgur.com/TnoLzcq.png

Nice! I like the idea of integrating a probe core. :)

below is the optional tank frame extension for LV-N engines (up to 4 engines, all part is jettisonable), for landing one could use more powerful standard engines (like LV-T30):

Qbq9TUP.png

simulated 2 stage lander with extension tanks:

bottom stage - 4x LV-N for max DeltaV, upper stage - LV-T30 for TWR (with heavy cargos LV-N won't have sufficient TWR to land on mun)

simulated 30t cargo = 3.5k dV with 4xLV-N then, about 1k dV on 2 x LV-T30:

lqGyww0.png

Edited by riocrokite

30t delivery simulation: 1st stage: burning LVN on external tanks:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

89K0RTx.png

2nd stage: burning LV-N on bottom stage:

icNLeUb.png

3rd stage: dropping bottom stage and burning rest of fuel with LV-T30 (utilizing high TWR needed near the mun surface):

5C0wIDk.png

xdcTHxI.pngIJ92GAI.png

Edited by riocrokite

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.