Human Space Program

Yukon0009

• 3 weeks later...
There is a workaround for that. Let the Soviet Union faction get there just before you. Not too long or your budget gets cancelled.

If you do this it glitches the 'space race' assignment and keeps it going.

This is is a good strategy, but you do have to be careful. Stretch it out too long and you can trigger the "Global Thermonuclear War" mini game.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

(Bringing back this thread)

The physics in this game are so unrealistic! Why is ‘Earth’ not dense at all? Why do I have to go at 8 km/s to get into orbit?

And the ‘N1’ stock rocket is bugged to hell. When I get to 40km it explodes. Pls fix PLATOON!

@Mad Rocket Scientist Can you put Kerbal Overhaul on Kurse please! This game is so unrealistic!

• 2 weeks later...

Weird bug I noticed. If you cheat in extra money and return to the game while playing as the US, a window pops up that says, "You have been arrested for printing counterfeit money" or something like that. Why does this happen?

Pls fix!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Weird bug I noticed. If you cheat in extra money and return to the game while playing as the US, a window pops up that says, "You have been arrested for printing counterfeit money" or something like that. Why does this happen?

Pls fix!!!!!!

Honestly, I don't think this is bug. See you in court. ;) 

I like all the tributes to real life Kerbals!!! We've got Gene Kranz (Gene Kerman) Wernher von Braun (Wernher von Kerman) Bobak Ferdowsi (Bobak Kerman) and Valentina Tereshkova (Valentina Kerman). But where are the tributes to Jeb, Bob and Bill??

And guys, I'm making a mod for HSP: the Inner Planets Mod. This mod removes 'Saturn', 'Uranus' and 'Neptune' from the game and makes the 'Solar system' more realistic, like Kerbol. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found a way around the de-funding bugs. You have to go into the .kfg files in the DataGame folder and change the name of Neil Armstrong (I guess he's the equivalent of our Jebediah Kerman or something) to Elon Musk. All of your budget constraints go away and you get to do whatever you want without interference from glitches such as "the government" or "de-funding".

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know if its a glitch or what, but every time i use the KICKBACK solid rocket engines after a few weeks i magically get free money, its almost like free rocket parts.

ive noticed in the late game, i always have a contract for "prove earth isnt flat" and no matter how many times i complete it, it always pops up. is this another bug?

On 6/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, TeslaPenguin1 said:

I just bought the Making History Ekspansion and it is great! I love the historic engines such as the Vector, the Dart aerospike, the Nerv, and the Rhino!

Keep up the good work Platoon!

I bought that too. It's great!!!

Inner Planets mod is up on Kurse. Download it now!!! It removes Saturn, Uranus and Neptune to make the game more realistic.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:33 PM, TeslaPenguin1 said:

I just bought the Making History Ekspansion and it is great! I love the historic engines such as the Vector, the Dart aerospike, the Nerv, and the Rhino!

Huh, the Dart Aerospike just kept getting stuck in R&D for me. Never reached production, never reached orbit. Is it supposed to be a valid path in the tech tree?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 4:08 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

I like all the tributes to real life Kerbals!!! We've got Gene Kranz (Gene Kerman) Wernher von Braun (Wernher von Kerman) Bobak Ferdowsi (Bobak Kerman) and Valentina Tereshkova (Valentina Kerman). But where are the tributes to Jeb, Bob and Bill??

And guys, I'm making a mod for HSP: the Inner Planets Mod. This mod removes 'Saturn', 'Uranus' and 'Neptune' from the game and makes the 'Solar system' more realistic, like Kerbol. 

Still can't find a Jeb tribute but I've found Bob (Crippen) and Bill (Anders)!

Hey - turns out that their Bill was first around the Mun (sorry Moon) too and they've given their Bob a BadS flag.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, TeslaPenguin1 said:

That STS historical mission is crazy hard though. A space plane carrying seven crew and that much cargo - with no RAPIERs and only two SRBs? What the heck, Platoon!

I cheated in the end. :( Three Vectors and a ridiculously oversized drop tank nearly did it but I had to use Tweakscale to bulk out the twin Kickbacks a little. Even then I just barely had enough delta-V left for a handful of small maneuvers plus the de-orbit burn.

2 hours ago, KSK said:

That STS historical mission is crazy hard though. A space plane carrying seven crew and that much cargo - with no RAPIERs and only two SRBs? What the heck, Platoon!

I cheated in the end. :( Three Vectors and a ridiculously oversized drop tank nearly did it but I had to use Tweakscale to bulk out the twin Kickbacks a little. Even then I just barely had enough delta-V left for a handful of small maneuvers plus the de-orbit burn.

x10 scale planets is really hard. But Copernicus is updated so we can make more realistic planets.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.