[WIP][1.5.1]PAPIPlugin Continued: v0.4.10 2018-10-28

bssthu

PAPIPlugin Continued

PAPI (precision approach path indicator) is a light array helping pilots approaching to the runway. The array will show two red and two white lights when following correct glide slope(currently 3°).

This is a continue work of asarium's PAPIPlugin at https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/38153-023-runway-papi-array-version-032/

Screenshots: (glide slope set to 3°)

8C42Qjy.png

Version History

version 0.4.10

- Recompile for KSP 1.5.1

version 0.4.9

- Recompile for KSP 1.4.4 (fix configuration dialog)

version 0.4.8

- Recompile for KSP 1.2

version 0.4.7

- Fix compatibility issues

version 0.4.6

- Recompile for KSP 1.1.2

version 0.4.5

- Fix "Reload All" button

version 0.4.4

- Recompile for KSP 1.0.2

- Fix another bug with Application Launch button

- Add KSP-AVC support

- Add CKAN support

version 0.4 beta 3

- Recompile for KSP 1.0, fix bug that ApplicationLaunch button do not appear

version 0.4 beta 2

- Fix a null reference error when loading crafts

version 0.4 beta 1

- Can use both vessel position and camera position (By default, use vessel position when flying, use camera position when IVA or in space center)

- Allow saving config in flight.

- Fix bug that HeightAboutTerrain do not work

version 0.4 beta 0

- Use vessel position instead of camera position in flight

- Support blizzy78's toolbar

- Support stock toolbar (by angavrilov)

- Recompile for KSP 0.90

Download

https://github.com/bssthu/PAPIPlugin/releases

or PAPIPluginContinued from CKAN.

Install

Just copy the contents of the archive to KSP's root folder.

Source

https://github.com/bssthu/PAPIPlugin

License

MIT (same as asarium's PAPIPlugin)

Credits

- TaranisElsu for TacLib library

- asarium & angavrilov for origin work of PAPIPlugin

- blizzy78 for Toolbar

- cybutek for KSP-AVC

- CKAN

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have some suggestion.

Fly safe :)

Edited by bssthu
edit link

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is this hard coded to stock kerbin? I want to use this on a resized kerbin is that possible?

It's not hard coded.

If it don't work well, you can edit lights.cfg to add/move lights to other places.

It's not hard coded.

If it don't work well, you can edit lights.cfg to add/move lights to other places.

Does the mod require me to exit the game if I added new lights while in game? Can i edit the cfg and have the changes reflected in game without restarting the game? Thanks for the mod!

Does the mod require me to exit the game if I added new lights while in game? Can i edit the cfg and have the changes reflected in game without restarting the game? Thanks for the mod!

You can reload from the changed cfg file with the newest pre-release version on github. Just click "Reload All".

(This button don't work as desired in older versions)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just discovered that this mod was being continued, thanks to the facebook group. 

This posting of mine is probably going ahead of itself, but I remember watching the older mod spotlight on youtube and noticed that the lights were a bit 'hard to see'. I am currently playing on a lowend laptop. It's playable but things might be pixelated. :/ I was wondering if there was a way to intensify the lights? Again, I might be going ahead of myself with this question as I have to try out this continuation-mod.

Nonetheless, thanks for the efforts!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

sorry for the late update..

On 2015/12/28 at 7:22 AM, Spraki said:

I just discovered that this mod was being continued, thanks to the facebook group. 

This posting of mine is probably going ahead of itself, but I remember watching the older mod spotlight on youtube and noticed that the lights were a bit 'hard to see'. I am currently playing on a lowend laptop. It's playable but things might be pixelated. :/ I was wondering if there was a way to intensify the lights? Again, I might be going ahead of myself with this question as I have to try out this continuation-mod.

Nonetheless, thanks for the efforts!

How about edit "LightRadius" from lights.cfg?

12 hours ago, bssthu said:

sorry for the late update..

How about edit "LightRadius" from lights.cfg?

I will try it out as soon as stuff works again.

HOWEVER :( before I can, I have several mods that are 1.1.2 ready, but are not showing up (PAPI included). I am about to upload the output_log.txt into a seperate thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/5/31 at 6:54 AM, Spraki said:

I will try it out as soon as stuff works again.

HOWEVER :( before I can, I have several mods that are 1.1.2 ready, but are not showing up (PAPI included). I am about to upload the output_log.txt into a seperate thread.

does the new update fix it?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any possibility to be able to place the PAPI wherever we want to land on Kerbin, so that we'll be able to land anywhere on rough terrain with a visual slope indicator?

i am just asking if it's possible to add, by longitude and latitude, or whatever way, as many landing points as we need, and keep them registered.

It would be great to perform visual approach anywhere on Kerbin or Lathe with any SSTO or atmospheric plane.

Edited by gilflo

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/12/9 at 0:51 AM, gilflo said:

Any possibility to be able to place the PAPI wherever we want to land on Kerbin, so that we'll be able to land anywhere on rough terrain with a visual slope indicator?

i am just asking if it's possible to add, by longitude and latitude, or whatever way, as many landing points as we need, and keep them registered.

It would be great to perform visual approach anywhere on Kerbin or Lathe with any SSTO or atmospheric plane.

Yes, you can edit lights.cfg to add light arrays.

Thanks for answer, I see i can change latitude and longitude in the cfg files, but i am not programmer.

What would be great would be to add the possibility to edit any longitude and latitude during game or to pick up the coordinates on a point designated on ground....