bssthu

[WIP][1.5.1]PAPIPlugin Continued: v0.4.10 2018-10-28

Recommended Posts

PAPIPlugin Continued

PAPI (precision approach path indicator) is a light array helping pilots approaching to the runway. The array will show two red and two white lights when following correct glide slope(currently 3°).

This is a continue work of asarium's PAPIPlugin at https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/38153-023-runway-papi-array-version-032/

Screenshots: (glide slope set to 3°)

8C42Qjy.png

Version History

version 0.4.10

- Recompile for KSP 1.5.1

version 0.4.9

- Recompile for KSP 1.4.4 (fix configuration dialog)

version 0.4.8

- Recompile for KSP 1.2

version 0.4.7

- Fix compatibility issues

version 0.4.6

- Recompile for KSP 1.1.2

version 0.4.5

- Fix "Reload All" button

version 0.4.4

- Recompile for KSP 1.0.2

- Fix another bug with Application Launch button

- Add KSP-AVC support

- Add CKAN support

version 0.4 beta 3

- Recompile for KSP 1.0, fix bug that ApplicationLaunch button do not appear

version 0.4 beta 2

- Fix a null reference error when loading crafts

version 0.4 beta 1

- Can use both vessel position and camera position (By default, use vessel position when flying, use camera position when IVA or in space center)

- Allow saving config in flight.

- Fix bug that HeightAboutTerrain do not work

version 0.4 beta 0

- Use vessel position instead of camera position in flight

- Support blizzy78's toolbar

- Support stock toolbar (by angavrilov)

- Recompile for KSP 0.90

Download

https://github.com/bssthu/PAPIPlugin/releases

or PAPIPluginContinued from CKAN.

Install

Just copy the contents of the archive to KSP's root folder.

Source

https://github.com/bssthu/PAPIPlugin

License

MIT (same as asarium's PAPIPlugin)

Credits

- TaranisElsu for TacLib library

- asarium & angavrilov for origin work of PAPIPlugin

- blizzy78 for Toolbar

- cybutek for KSP-AVC

- CKAN

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have some suggestion.

Fly safe :)

Edited by bssthu
edit link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Very nice of you to continue this mod! Could you perhaps add it to CKAN?

Added. You can get it from CKAN now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way you could add other types of glide-slope indicators?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is there a way you could add other types of glide-slope indicators?

for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this hard coded to stock kerbin? I want to use this on a resized kerbin is that possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is this hard coded to stock kerbin? I want to use this on a resized kerbin is that possible?

It's not hard coded.

If it don't work well, you can edit lights.cfg to add/move lights to other places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's not hard coded.

If it don't work well, you can edit lights.cfg to add/move lights to other places.

Does the mod require me to exit the game if I added new lights while in game? Can i edit the cfg and have the changes reflected in game without restarting the game? Thanks for the mod!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does the mod require me to exit the game if I added new lights while in game? Can i edit the cfg and have the changes reflected in game without restarting the game? Thanks for the mod!

You can reload from the changed cfg file with the newest pre-release version on github. Just click "Reload All".

(This button don't work as desired in older versions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just discovered that this mod was being continued, thanks to the facebook group. 

This posting of mine is probably going ahead of itself, but I remember watching the older mod spotlight on youtube and noticed that the lights were a bit 'hard to see'. I am currently playing on a lowend laptop. It's playable but things might be pixelated. :/ I was wondering if there was a way to intensify the lights? Again, I might be going ahead of myself with this question as I have to try out this continuation-mod.

Nonetheless, thanks for the efforts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's being maintained.

Edited by Ser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Navutilities is an alternative option, just set GS to 3 deg. But I ALSO NEED APPROACHING LIGHTS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry for the late update..

On 2015/12/28 at 7:22 AM, Spraki said:

I just discovered that this mod was being continued, thanks to the facebook group. 

This posting of mine is probably going ahead of itself, but I remember watching the older mod spotlight on youtube and noticed that the lights were a bit 'hard to see'. I am currently playing on a lowend laptop. It's playable but things might be pixelated. :/ I was wondering if there was a way to intensify the lights? Again, I might be going ahead of myself with this question as I have to try out this continuation-mod.

Nonetheless, thanks for the efforts!

How about edit "LightRadius" from lights.cfg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bssthu said:

sorry for the late update..

How about edit "LightRadius" from lights.cfg?

I will try it out as soon as stuff works again.

HOWEVER :( before I can, I have several mods that are 1.1.2 ready, but are not showing up (PAPI included). I am about to upload the output_log.txt into a seperate thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/5/31 at 6:54 AM, Spraki said:

I will try it out as soon as stuff works again.

HOWEVER :( before I can, I have several mods that are 1.1.2 ready, but are not showing up (PAPI included). I am about to upload the output_log.txt into a seperate thread.

does the new update fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any possibility to be able to place the PAPI wherever we want to land on Kerbin, so that we'll be able to land anywhere on rough terrain with a visual slope indicator?

i am just asking if it's possible to add, by longitude and latitude, or whatever way, as many landing points as we need, and keep them registered.

It would be great to perform visual approach anywhere on Kerbin or Lathe with any SSTO or atmospheric plane.

Edited by gilflo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/12/9 at 0:51 AM, gilflo said:

Any possibility to be able to place the PAPI wherever we want to land on Kerbin, so that we'll be able to land anywhere on rough terrain with a visual slope indicator?

i am just asking if it's possible to add, by longitude and latitude, or whatever way, as many landing points as we need, and keep them registered.

It would be great to perform visual approach anywhere on Kerbin or Lathe with any SSTO or atmospheric plane.

Yes, you can edit lights.cfg to add light arrays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for answer, I see i can change latitude and longitude in the cfg files, but i am not programmer.

What would be great would be to add the possibility to edit any longitude and latitude during game or to pick up the coordinates on a point designated on ground....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.