Man Conquers Space?

Pluto100

I was going to check out the website for the movie Man Conquers Space recently, and it was gone. So was the Wikipedia page and the creator's YouTube page. Does anybody have any information as to what happened? I'm kinda curious as to what happened. I really hope it wasn't scrapped, I was so looking forward to it.

Thanks in advanced!

Sometimes, it can be darkest before dawn. I'm trying hard for glass-half-full, with that.

If the creator(s) secured a studio production deal to get it done, they may have asked that materials get taken down so the studio can control its promotion.

But you'd think there would be some kind of announcement...

I got the impression from some of the writing that the years-long project, was becoming quite a strain.

But again, you'd think there would be some kind of announcement, if it was shelved.

I found some pieces of it on vimeo, resume material from some of the contributors.

https://vimeo.com/69277022 Teaser 1?

https://vimeo.com/19735538 Teaser IV

https://vimeo.com/116924710 Excerpt Teaser V

MAN CONQUERS SPACE is an independent, in-development science fiction feature movie. Fourteen years in the making, MAN CONQUERS SPACE is a daring look at the space race - not just what was, but what could have been. Shot in documentary style, it charts the journey of man to the moon, to Mars, and beyond... MAN CONQUERS SPACE is the property of David Sander and One Heart Pictures; all rights reserved.

Very true, that's a good way to look at it! I hope you're right, this movie looked amazing. I really hope we can get some news about it soon. Even if it was cancelled due to it taking this long, an announcement would be pretty nice.

Also, thank you so much for finding those trailers! I was really sad that they were taken down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't know about this until I saw this thread. Looks like I'm late to the party again :P

Any idea why something like this would be cancelled? Just from the trailers, it looked as if it had a fair bit of talent and resources invested in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks nyrath, for finding that blog discussion thread! Sadly... it's sad.

After many years of trying to get it made, and then stress from early backers wanting to see more for what they put in.... reach may have exceeded grasp.

I don't think it was intended to have much in the way of conflict or explosions; the documentary style may have made it a hard sell to any studios the idea was shown to. It would have needed a ton more FX and green screen work to fill it out from 5 minute trailers, to 90 or 120.

The longer a project drags on, the more likely older work might need to be reshot. Actors become unavailable, or more expensive. I don't really know, just casting ideas about.

• 2 weeks later...

There's still no reply from the company, and reading that article, I kinda assume that this is, kinda, dead? It's really a shame, I had so much hope for it. It looked like a really great movie, I must say.

R.I.P Man Conquers Space

(Watch, the minute I post this, it'll get news.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.