Got a new PC, is it good?

gmpd2000

Yeah, that looks pretty good, b ut the graphics card is a bit old. might want to upgrade it if you can.

It looks like it is an M card, which means it is a mobile card, and also a mobile processor. Usually there is little chance replacing that.

For a laptop those look like pretty decent specs. Though gaming on mobile devices is always a compromise, you should be able to play most, if not all games at reasonable settings.

12GB RAM-Plenty for dem chrome tabs

i7- Not need for games, an i5 would do fine. If you did a bit of OCing youd be able to get some good speeds, and the hyperthredaing will come in handy if youre doing media work or anything of that sorts

1TB storage- Easily enough for games and media

GPU- A bit old but 2gb of VRAM will be good for 1080p gaming

Looks like a decent gaming laptop. It's not an OMGBeastPowerhouse but I expect it will handle most games quite well. In games like KSP that aren't heavily multithreaded, you might want to check that the processor is hitting a high Turbo, the max is 3.4 GHz.

i7- Not need for games, an i5 would do fine.
True on desktops, but plain not true on laptops. Laptop i5's are hyperthreaded dual-cores, so they're like desktop i3's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.