Nick7892

It's fairly common but parachuting down to land on Kerbin and:

1. Planet disappears in a blue dot
  2. Quickly quicksave
  3. Explode at landing altitude, since the planet's gone
  4. Restart, Quickload
  5. No/tiny parachutes
  6. Explode at landing because of high descent rate

Driving an old airliner around the KSC...

Try to brake, but accidentally hit Astronaut Complex at very slow speed.

It still knocks off the cockpit and... game crash.

When I reload it the craft is nowhere to be seen.

Then I notice a single cockpit zooming out of the solar system at light speed.

When I tried to use the Advanced Grabbing Unit part. Tried

I tried to timewarp: BOOM

I tried to move the ship: The claw part remained stationary but the rest of the ship moved, AKA BOOM

I tried to go through an SOI change: The entire ship stopped orbiting and remained stationary, even when timewarping

I tried to save the game: Error NullReferenceException

I exited to back to Space Center: The ship was not saved and was destroyed

When I reloaded the ship (after I got it to save): The asteroid wobbled and the claw broke connection

...and then the planet was destroyed

not technically mine but i created it...it was so complex that when the devs saw the size of the log file they just gave up...my proudest moment.
BTW i found an explanation- if you look at the shadow of the left wing (looking from behind) you can see it has a part that is not connected to anything as symmetry just broke at the editor for some reason. the floating part was somehow connected to the other wing entirely which remained intact. now why did it explode? IDK but it's too fabulous to care. i just need to recreate it with the new explosions...

Worst was when I went to a probe that I had going interplanetary and got a kraken attack that crashed the game. When I went back to KSC all my ships in Kerbin, Mun and Minmus orbits were in a bunch flying out of the solar system.

I was doing a bunch of tests to perfect a small rocket to get to the Mun. I had command modules scattered about the launchpad, plus one vehicle active on the pad itself. An astronaut left the main vehicle, and had landed on the ground, making sure that the ladders were working right, when an attempt was made to climb back onto the vehicle.

One instant they were standing at the KSC, a few minutes away from snacks and a bed. Seconds away from more than five other Kerbals. The next second, everything was dark, except the clearly distant Kerbol. It took nineteen days to hit it, and the crewman was going to fast for an intercept to be possible. At the same time, two crew members were killed instantly, and three sitting nearby were launched into Kerbol escape, with the shredded remains of a ship flying after them. It was a sad day at the KSC, and it caused a great bit of inquiry surrounding the use of ladders on spacecraft.

Whenever I try to build space warships. My torpedoes always glitch out and rip themselves apart a few seconds after launch. Once I fired a torpedo and it came around and blew my ship in half.

Oh, the fate of U-869 was the same as some of your ships, huh?

I've had a lot of fun with glitches over the years. But the so-called "glitchiest moment" was actually just caused by a combination of wobbly toroidal fuel tanks and infinigliders.

Let this be a lesson to you. Sadly, it doesn't work anymore: the new control surfaces aren't nearly as good for this sort of thing.

Jeb was testing a rover around the spaceport. He fell off it while it was in motion, started vibrating like crazy on the ground and then made the "Poof", as if he hit the ground on the moon at high impact.

I wish I had it recorded as it was pretty funny.

Tried moving planets into Kerbin orbit using Hyperedit.

Never again. Total loss of control (couldn't even fire rocket motor), sinking into Kerbin, being flung on a Kerbol escape trajectory, and all sorts of other fun glitches resulted.

Tried moving planets into Kerbin orbit using Hyperedit.

Never again. Total loss of control (couldn't even fire rocket motor), sinking into Kerbin, being flung on a Kerbol escape trajectory, and all sorts of other fun glitches resulted.

Nice idea I'm gonna go do that, all the planets and their moons just sitting in the sky

Mostly just Time acceleration not disengaging during return trips from the Mun or Minmus, resulting in the ship colliding with Kerban's surface at orbital velocity.

I really wish Kerbal Alarm Clock had an altitude alarm.

Uncoupling a train to replace the locomotive.. using the old twin buffer docking port couplers on an early model freight streamlined landliner train

half of the train decided physics wasnt for it.. and happily floated into the sky with fuel lines stretched like elastic.. leaving the locomotive and crew idling nearby wondering what the hell just happened...

kAKzWiA.jpg?1

that and refueling Mount Kembla station with the claw... only for everything to go black, the blue sun of ages appear.. and everything fall into a dark place with multiple explosions signaling.. no ones coming home today.. because there is no home... there is only a blue sun and nothingness.. claw kracken

UQr7ome.jpg?1

taken moments after this peaceful scene.. it all went wrong

Well, one could watch my "best of" compilations on my YouTube channel to definitely see them all (and a bunch of stuff from other games, which is why I won't post a video here)

Other than that:

Anomaly on Eve:

bf2b879981.jpg

b181d0ffc8.jpg

So, apparently a chunk of texture didn't load there.

The great NaN-Virus outbreak of 2014:

a13ba26c39.jpg

The risks of landing on Jool:

c06989c288.jpg

Apart from that I remember randomly loosing a Wing on Eve, in a 100% stock save, and a Science-Lab rover randomly exploding on the Mun, for no reason.

This: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101939-Odd-reaction-wheel-behavior-oscillating-roll-torque

Admittedly it turned out to be a problem with a mod, and not with KSP itself (as I had suspected, which is why I went to ask for modded support). But I still sat there slack-jawed and just couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on! :P

not technically mine but i created it...it was so complex that when the devs saw the size of the log file they just gave up...my proudest moment.

please post it up

I've gotten very

caught by the Hell Kraken multiple times, and my recent space station died of phantom forces

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.