What is Your Glitchiest moment in KSP?

Nick7892

I was working on a huge space station. I've attached the last module and then I wanted to put some Kerbals up there. As soon as I docked my vessel, it started to move around like it's going crazy and got eventually torn apart, accelerating and crashing onto Kerbin within 2 seconds or so. This was one of the most frustrating moments I ever had in KSP. Luckily, I didn't play in hard mode..

My glitchiest moment? 0.90!

I'm still running 0.25 so I can actually run a modded save without KSP crashing every 30mins to an hour...

I've had a few fun ones in my time though; Pol's surface appearing 2km above the ground, then ships that were landed on Pol now floating above its surface; when using Ship Manifest to transfer Kerbals in a ship that has a very long flight time can cause some/most/all parts losing connection to each other; a ship bouncing off an atmosphere and ending up with than AP considerably higher than it was before :P

It started when I had a modded install in 0.25 I think.

Make a ship which is sturdy, fast, efficient, and can drag huge station parts around.

The mission goes superbly. I return to Kerbin and stay in LKO.

( Do other stuff for like 5 in-game days )

Switch back to the vessel : it begins shaking and then all the solar panels break off.

- - -

Build another ship : same thing

Use other solar panels : same thing.

Build yet another ship only using stock parts: Same thing ! (...)

Post on this forum bug report: Nobody ever replied anything.

Ask the one guy I know uses the same parts as he does videos on youtube: He never had an issues like that whatsoever.

- - -

I think I stopped playing for a month then.

Then I realized I had the same issue with a satellite that always worked well, and it started with 0.25.

So I tought It would be best to start with a fresh install... and decided to wait for x64 support.

weirdest glitch I ever had... that and the decouple + both part of your ship stay connected (man that was annoying)

I had an ion powered lander that was exploring Minmus. The mission should have been going fine until the first glitch hit. I was making the second landing attempt and had the standard SAS mode on and 20 m from the ground it for whatever reason flipped out and pointed me straight sown. I broke three out of four panels and limped back into orbit on my one remaining panel. I sent a rescue mission, but when the craft came within loading range every single part on the ship broke apart from each other. Some pieces were shot out of the system at close to the speed of light while others barely moved. Also when I loaded up the Apollo capsule from FASA in the VAB the rcs effect was coming out of the ports. In the VAB. And not at normal angles either, some were at 60 degree angles from the ports they were coming out of.

Well. One of my sats that was on the way to Duna. Met the Kracken. Needless to say it went into warp speed. What was left anyways. But, what I failed to notice was. That it also took out anything with a stable orbit that was not transiting from one SOI to another. And every time I went to it. It wiped out all ships that have an orbit with again sparing any going from one SOI to another....

I landed on (docked with?) Gilly, and sent my kerbal on EVA. As I left him hanging on the ladder doing reports and collecting experiments, he slowly drifted up the ladder. When he reached the top of the lander can, the Hell Kraken struck and everything went black. So I quickloaded the quicksave I made as soon as I had touched down, and did the same thing. Sure enough, the HK struck again. So the next quickload I got him the hell off that ladder and onto the surface, and everything went fine from there.

Had two last night. The first was plugging a KAS pipe into a pylon, Thomden Kerbin plugged in the pipe "dink" then "fwooosh" his ships engines started on their own. The ship rapidly gained altitude until it reached the limits of the KAS pipe then pivoted over and slammed into the Mun at full speed. Thomden was not impressed despite the huge grin on his face. Landed a hitchhiker with a crew of three that was in orbit to pick him up. They successfully landed, Thomden boarded the vessel and they took off. As I was in map mode playing with the maneuver node to circularize their orbit I hear an explosion and am sent back to the tracking station where there is now a cloud of debris on a sub-orbital trajectory of the Mun. I hit F3 to look at the log and all I see is "Engine such and such collided with fuel tank and was destroyed". I have no idea what caused the explosion. Of course the Kerbal conspiracy theorists are reporting that Thomden somehow angered the Kracken and it took its revenge upon him and his fellows.

So far for me? I was working with my large (by MKS standards) Minmus base and when my kerbal smacked into a ship that had just landed (or maybe the ground after the ship), I got hit by the Hell Kraken and after I got back from a reload, many of the base parts had separated from the base itself, everything in the area of the base got duplicated (except for the kerbal I think) and everything was on an escape velocity from Minmus, some from Kerbin as well.

Fortunately, I was able to reload a backup via nereids backup system.

Hey, just out of curiosity, but, how did the Kraken come to be known as the Kraken (the serious ship loss glitches, I mean)

I don't know the specifics, but it's an obvious name for something that destroys ships in a game where naming stuff with a K is a running gag (that is thankfully used sparingly by the game itself).

When my new space station went RUD after adding a cupola, a bug from many versions ago.

Another one, a kraken that sent every ship into orbit at warp speed, and exactly in the same point. Focused one of them, and... fireworks!

Only flags and a probe lander survived :(

I got the "Wing collided with launchpad" message, when said launchpad was 100, 789m below me, and a little to the west. It happened when I loaded a quicksave as well, four times before I gave up.

Oh, and I made a "Krakenbait" missile, which hit my craft despite being fired 270 degrees away from it.

so far...I do not remember what my glitchiest moment is...Oh yeah!

Ok,this is mainly seen in RSS/RO, everytime I select a ship out of my list of saved ships, I get booted to the outside of the hanger, forcing me to zoom in until I am back inside.

I landed a ship in Laythe's Oceans. After collecting and transmitting the data, I left the ship to the space center. I come back, (I forget why) and the water kraken grabs my ship as it loads and yanks it 25 m underwater. The crew survived but the rest of the ship did not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.