[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

I have a weird problem. I made a cfg for the ven's stock cryo tanks. Of the 5 parts, 3 work, 2 dont, and I cant figure out why. The problem parts are the CryoX L Fuel tank (CryoXsmall) and the CryoX Fuel Tank Butt (CryoXendButt)

Spoiler

@PART[CryoXBig] // CryoX XXL Fuel tank
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[CryoXmed] // CryoX XL Fuel tank
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[CryoXnoseCone] // CryoX Fuel Tank NoseCone
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[CryoXsmall] // CryoX L Fuel tank

{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[CryoXendButt] // CryoX Fuel Tank Butt
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

The names that should be cited are the part name and title, correct?

Spoiler

PART
{
name = CryoXsmall
module = Part
author = Ven

MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Part Bin/NewParts/CryoTanks/CryoSmall
    }
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.239873, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.239873, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
node_attach = 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

TechRequired = heavyRocketry
entryCost = 15250
cost = 4800
category = Propulsion
subcategory = 0
title = CryoX L Fuel tank
manufacturer = Kool Kerbal Products Inc.
description = The first ever product line from Kool Kerbal Products Inc, the CryoX series is mostly guaranteed to keep your cryogenic fuels chilled until the end of time.

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

• 3 weeks later...
On 24-3-2017 at 11:39 AM, eberkain said:

I've been using tweakscale with an added step in between each size and have been enjoying it alot.  

0.35 ,0.625 ,0.9375 ,1.25 ,1.875 ,2.5 ,3.125 ,3.75 ,4.375 ,5.0 ,6.25 ,7.5

I wish there was a limiter built into the system, so that a part could only be scaled two steps up or down.  So my 1.25 meter fuel tank would be restricted from going any larger than 2.5 or smaller than 0.625.   But that shouldn't apply to all parts, like adapters I want to scale to anything as sometimes its hard to find the right one when dealing with the odd sizes. 

For the config file, what does incrementSlide do?  I didn't change it and things seem to work fine.  

IMO, there should be an added difficulty feature on TweakScale that allows it to be used in career or science mode without becoming too much of an exploit:

Only allow certain scale steps up or down once specific science nodes are unlocked. So suppose you don't have the "Heavy Rocketry" tech node yet, you can't cheat your way into building a Skipper or Mainsail by just up-scaling a Swivel. Conversely, unless you have "Precision Propulsion" or "Miniaturization" unlocked, you can't scale down anything or only scale down specific parts, so a shrunk Terrier can't be used as a makeshift Spark engine.

The same would go for fuel tanks, another option in that case would be to nerf the part's efficiency to such a point that it becomes impractical to use, so you would be able to scale up a fuel tank, but the fuel inside would not scale up proportionally with the mass (so the bigger the tank, the more dry weight it has).

This would still make TweakScale a good tool for building realistic replicas and good-looking craft but it would not be possible to use it to cheat your way into tech that you haven't unlocked yet anymore.

Maybe the mechanism can be dependent on the difficulty setting, so in Easy mode there may be no restrictions, but scaling parts only becomes a useful option when there's no other real choice if you play Hard mode.

59 minutes ago, Stoney3K said:

IMO, there should be an added difficulty feature on TweakScale that allows it to be used in career or science mode without becoming too much of an exploit:

Only allow certain scale steps up or down once specific science nodes are unlocked. So suppose you don't have the "Heavy Rocketry" tech node yet, you can't cheat your way into building a Skipper or Mainsail by just up-scaling a Swivel. Conversely, unless you have "Precision Propulsion" or "Miniaturization" unlocked, you can't scale down anything or only scale down specific parts, so a shrunk Terrier can't be used as a makeshift Spark engine.

The same would go for fuel tanks, another option in that case would be to nerf the part's efficiency to such a point that it becomes impractical to use, so you would be able to scale up a fuel tank, but the fuel inside would not scale up proportionally with the mass (so the bigger the tank, the more dry weight it has).

This would still make TweakScale a good tool for building realistic replicas and good-looking craft but it would not be possible to use it to cheat your way into tech that you haven't unlocked yet anymore.

Maybe the mechanism can be dependent on the difficulty setting, so in Easy mode there may be no restrictions, but scaling parts only becomes a useful option when there's no other real choice if you play Hard mode.

As a general approach, how about you can tweak it one size for every node above the node where it was discovered that you have researched?  If there are no more nodes above then all sizes are unlocked.

52 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

is it possible to get TweakScale to only scale a part in 1 or 2 dimensions?  so I can make  a fuel tank longer but not change the diameter for instance.

That would be a nice feature for tanks.  It would also be very convenient when you find you need to carry a bit more fuel but already have a bunch of stuff attached to the tank.

well that function can be done already by using procedural parts, if you do not do so now, I would check it out.   I just tossed that in as an example, what would be more interesting to me even is to adjust the width of the tank and not the height so it becomes an oval shape.  or on the wing parts you could adjust the length or width and not the thickness to get a better match for the shape you try to make (similar to the b9 procedural wing idea) but for other wings and, well, any part really.  not sure if this type of model deformation is even possible however.

8 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

well that function can be done already by using procedural parts, if you do not do so now, I would check it out.   I just tossed that in as an example, what would be more interesting to me even is to adjust the width of the tank and not the height so it becomes an oval shape.  or on the wing parts you could adjust the length or width and not the thickness to get a better match for the shape you try to make (similar to the b9 procedural wing idea) but for other wings and, well, any part really.  not sure if this type of model deformation is even possible however.

Procedural parts can do cylinder, cone, smoothed cone, probably some others.

okay so i used this mod a lot, i stopped playing ksp on update 1.2.2 and i heavent played it since the new 1.3.0. I remember how to install mods, but this looks wierd, so there used to be a file or two you'd put in GameData folder in the game, but this has a whole another game inside, the .cs files, then the GameData file which looks normal then properties and stuff. in short : I DONT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL THIS!!!!

2 hours ago, Mrky said:

okay so i used this mod a lot, i stopped playing ksp on update 1.2.2 and i heavent played it since the new 1.3.0. I remember how to install mods, but this looks wierd, so there used to be a file or two you'd put in GameData folder in the game, but this has a whole another game inside, the .cs files, then the GameData file which looks normal then properties and stuff. in short : I DONT KNOW HOW TO INSTALL THIS!!!!

.cs files are C# source code, you don't need them.  Just install the contents of Gamedata as usual.  Also, I recommend CKAN.

3 hours ago, Mrky said:

.cs files are C# source code--meaningful to us code monkeys but of no use to anyone else.  KSP mods are written in C#.  It sounds like you have the source code rather than the mod itself.

9 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

.cs files are C# source code--meaningful to us code monkeys but of no use to anyone else.  KSP mods are written in C#.  It sounds like you have the source code rather than the mod itself.

i downloaded the mod, maybe ive accidentally somehow downloaded the source, but there are files like GameData, and stuff inside it.

anyway i tried running the game and it wont start, thats a problem on my side.

soo yeah, im gonna be scraping the entirety of the idea of accually playing KSP.

9 hours ago, Mrky said:

i downloaded the mod, maybe ive accidentally somehow downloaded the source, but there are files like GameData, and stuff inside it.

anyway i tried running the game and it wont start, thats a problem on my side.

soo yeah, im gonna be scraping the entirety of the idea of accually playing KSP.

Looking at the installed package there's a boatload of .cfg files that modify various things.  Those would be included in the source and would have the directory structure meant to go under GameData.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but is it possible to add the rescaling to a part that does not have it? like for example, I want to rescale one of the parts of Kerbal Enginering Redux, but it does not show the rescale option even with TweakScale installed.

20 minutes ago, Pointblank66 said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but is it possible to add the rescaling to a part that does not have it? like for example, I want to rescale one of the parts of Kerbal Enginering Redux, but it does not show the rescale option even with TweakScale installed.

Like many mods this one also uses ModuleManager to add a few lines into a parts config file.

If you are feeling brave, take a look at the patches in TweakScale's folder and see if you can make one for KER's parts. :wink:

There are problems when rescaling rotors from Airplane Plus mod, there are compatibility patches for it for tweakscale, and parts can be rescaled, but it does not affect their power output.
Apparently this is caused by tweakscale not recognizing one of Firespitter modules.

"I can't do anything about it. It's tweakscale not recognizing FSEngineBladed. You should take it to Tweakscale and report the Firespitter module isn't recognized."

Any ways to fix this?

7 hours ago, Darkfedor said:

Hi, i'm trying to make a flying carrier but i need HUGE wing, more than 400% FAT-455, how can i make it ?

wings?? No no nonononono. See here.

Buuut if you're really set on wings then search this thread for @linuxgurugamer's documentation... which isn't in the OP?? @pellinor can you please link that in the OP

Checked my mod install log and I have the link, so here you go:

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I have a question.

I started this topic in Add-on Discussions: 

I was wondering if you guys could help me out?

Is it possible to rescale a larger docking port to the size of a smaller one, and make it work?

I want to rescale the hollow Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port XL from SXT Continued down to 2.5 from 3.75 and have it dock with the stock Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port Sr.

Edited by TheKurgan

I can't seem to remember where i found it, but there was a guide of sorts that explain the different way tweakscale scaled a fuel tank vs a girder or something like that and came in really handy when making a tweakscale config, 

does anyone know where i can find that, or whether i'm just insane.

Hello,

I added a little part to the code to be able to scale down fairings and since have smaller fairings. Unfotunately, only the base of the fairing is scaled. The shell of the fairing keep the same scale. So this modification doesn't work. Do someone know how I could change this so that the fairings can be scaled down (I would like to keep TweakScale and not use Procedural Fairings).

I hope to have an answer soon

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

How would one define a TWEAKCALEEXPONENT to ignore a resource? The documentation reference a module, yet these parts do not have a module I can key off of. Is that something that is required for the syntax?

Tested and confirmed working in 1.3.1.

Tested and confirmed working in 1.3.1. :wink: