[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

im having a small issue, whenever I rescale a part, the attachment point for the part when it was its original size remains, so whenever I try to attach it to something it doesn't actually attach properly, its hella annoying is there a way I can fix this?

Doesn't happen for me (clean install with the latest TweakScale and few other mods). My guess is that either something in your install is messed up, or some mod I'm not familiar with does not like TweakScale. Any exceptions in your log?

Pre-Release v1.53:

* added download link to version file

* added missing RLA configs

* support for regolith harvesting modules

* don't modify part cost for unscaled parts

* fix for repairing incomplete scaletypes

* scale exponents for stock decoupler modules

* basic OPT support

As usual, the pre-release is a zip from gitHub, you only need the GameData folder. Please give it a try, I'll soon publish the update on kerbalStuff and curse if there are no complaints.

ill have a look, but im using b9 aerospace parts, which If i read the op right they are supported right?,also it doesn't just happen with b9 parts, it happens with all stock parts too, whenever i try to grab a subassembly and attach it

Hello. I'm getting a bug with the latest version. If I slightly downsize a stock size 2 tank (to about 1.97m), it looks fine in the editor, but returns to original size during launch, hiding anything attached to it. Never had this problem with older versions of the mod. I do have several other mods installed, but I don't think any of them should cause a conflict. I have also edited the DefaultScales config file. Is the following okay?

SCALETYPE
{
name = stack
freeScale = true
defaultScale = 1.25
suffix = m
scaleFactors = 0.1, 0.3, 0.625, 1.25, 1.875, 2.5, 3.75, 5.0, 6.25, 7.5, 10
incrementSlide = 0.01, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.05, 0.05, 0.1, 0.1
}

Hello. I'm getting a bug with the latest version. If I slightly downsize a stock size 2 tank (to about 1.97m), it looks fine in the editor, but returns to original size during launch, hiding anything attached to it. Never had this problem with older versions of the mod. I do have several other mods installed, but I don't think any of them should cause a conflict. I have also edited the DefaultScales config file. Is the following okay?

SCALETYPE
{
name = stack
freeScale = true
defaultScale = 1.25
suffix = m
scaleFactors = 0.1, 0.3, 0.625, 1.25, 1.875, 2.5, 3.75, 5.0, 6.25, 7.5, 10
incrementSlide = 0.01, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.05, 0.05, 0.1, 0.1
}

Is it the root part?

Are you on v1.53 (see the TweakScale.version file)? There was a bug where TweakScale would ignore downsizing. It affected dev versions until April 9th.

I have a bug in my RSS career. Parts with custom sizes seem to revert to different sizes when the vessel is loaded.

Here is a "Mailman" communication satellite I just launched into medium orbit. Notice the fact that is has a custom diameter, which matches the part above it, as well as visible RCS blocks:

OVc2QQq.jpg?1

This is what it looks like after I load the vessel from the space center.

PBVnlzml.jpg

The tank has "puffed up" covering the RCS. I can still use them, but it looks odd. Also note the capacity of the tank hasn't changed, only the visual volume.

CKAN says I am on version 1.52.1.

Are you on v1.53 (see the TweakScale.version file)?.

I'm on version 1.52.1. But, for some reason, my .zip file didn't contain all the stuff outside of the GameData folder that's in the current download from GitHub. Is any of that necessary, or is it just for source code?

I've also found that if I launch a Mk2 spaceplane that's scaled up to 1.875m, the cockpit reverts to original size about 2/3 of the time, but the rest of the craft is normal. #comment removed#

Edited by Cosmic_Farmer

I have a bug in my RSS career. Parts with custom sizes seem to revert to different sizes when the vessel is loaded.

Here is a "Mailman" communication satellite I just launched into medium orbit. Notice the fact that is has a custom diameter, which matches the part above it, as well as visible RCS blocks:

This is what it looks like after I load the vessel from the space center.

The tank has "puffed up" covering the RCS. I can still use them, but it looks odd. Also note the capacity of the tank hasn't changed, only the visual volume.

CKAN says I am on version 1.52.1.

I have had this exact issue myself, anybody know anything about this?

my .zip file didn't contain all the stuff outside of the GameData folder that's in the current download from GitHub. Is any of that necessary, or is it just for source code?

You only need the GameData folder. The rest is Source code. I use this because Github already provides it, and it always points to my latest commit. Anyway, I don't expect that v1.53 fixes any bug like this from v1.52.1.

Parts reverting scale

If the part is the root part, the issue is known, and we can only hope for a fix in KSP 1.0.

For non-root parts, I am still looking for a simple and reliable reproduction. The problem with 'realism' installs is that they usually contain a ton of mods and config overrides, and I'm not familiar with them.

You also could look for exceptions in your logs. These can lead to code being skipped (even if they do not come from tweakScale).

- - - Updated - - -

Parts with custom sizes seem to revert to different sizes

I only know of parts reverting to their original size. If you see any size-jumping to a different value, I'd be even more interested in reproduction steps.

For the puffed up rcs tank, can it be that it became the new root part when it was decoupled from the rest of the vessel? (you could check this by looking into the persistence file, search for the vessel name and check the first part following the vessel header)

Edited by pellinor

Hi. I encountered something strange, no real bug. I am using Tweascale for a few weeks now and it worked as intended. I use the "Lack Luster Labs" mod and scaling was fine. I know the cfg in the Tweakscale-Foulder is a dummy. LLL has it's own cfg, and there are many sizes for all the parts.

Yesterday, i installed a few more mods, and now, all my LLL-Parts have only 3 scales - 0,5, 1 and 16(!). Could an other mod interfear with the scaling? Can i modify the scaling-stages ingame? No parts of non-LLL mods have this issue.

Hi. I encountered something strange, no real bug. I am using Tweascale for a few weeks now and it worked as intended. I use the "Lack Luster Labs" mod and scaling was fine. I know the cfg in the Tweakscale-Foulder is a dummy. LLL has it's own cfg, and there are many sizes for all the parts.

Yesterday, i installed a few more mods, and now, all my LLL-Parts have only 3 scales - 0,5, 1 and 16(!). Could an other mod interfear with the scaling? Can i modify the scaling-stages ingame? No parts of non-LLL mods have this issue.

This sounds like the "repairing scaleTypes that are not broken" bug. Please try the latest dev version, it should be fixed there.

Hello.

Since the generic exponent for modules for all element is pretty inflexible I tried to use a values list like in the example in the old thread:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngines
maxThrust = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
}

I attached it via MM to the LV T-45 with the result that the thrust of the engine was not changed at all, it was 200 kN in every size. Is this feature still supported and if yes, just how do I get it to work?

Since the generic exponent for modules for all element is pretty inflexible I tried to use a values list like in the example in the old thread:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngines
maxThrust = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
}

I attached it via MM to the LV T-45 with the result that the thrust of the engine was not changed at all, it was 200 kN in every size. Is this feature still supported and if yes, just how do I get it to work?

To my knowledge it still works, but it needs a discrete scaletype. The idea of this config is to directly specify a value for each scale, which is not possible for a continuous range. What are you trying to do that does not follow an exponential scaling?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for anyone wanting to use TweakScale at the same time as B9 Aerospace pack, Donziboy2 put up a good tip here

[/helpful]

...I just hope it still works, 'cause I wanna use Interstellar with B9. :)

This tip is more than seven months old and does not explain what problem it is supposed to fix, so I have no idea what to make of it. Did you have any recent problems with tweakScale and B9?

can anyone help me? I am using JSIPartComponentGroup to hide/show nodes in my part, but when i use tweak scale and scale the part and then disable and re-enable the nodes, the nods go back to the position as if the part is on 100% scale, anyway to fix this?

here is part of the config to see what i mean :

MODULE
{
name = JSIPartComponentGroup
groupID = RingArms
areComponentsEnabled = true
persistAfterEditor = false
activeInEditor = true
activeInFlight = false
activeWhenUnfocused = false
showEnableDisableOption = true
showToggleOption = false
enableMenuString = Hide Ring Arm Nodes
disableMenuString = Show Ring Arm Nodes
toggleMenuString = Toggle Ring Arm Nodes
managedNodes = 1|2|3|5|6|7|9|10|11|13|14|15
}

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
freeScale = true
defaultScale = 1
scaleFactors = 0.1, 0.3, 0.625, 1, 1.5, 2, 3.5, 5, 7.5, 10
incrementSlide = 0.01, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025
}

Ok, two things i found :

1- If i keep the nodes active and use scaling it works but as soon as i use JSI's disable enable option, nodes go to original and it will ruin everything

2- even when my part is the root node, and i go up on scale or down, the mass won't change, also, if i have any model attached to it, like cylindrical batteries, they won't scale and will be sit hidden inside the part, that i'm sure will cause issues with physics later on, can you help on these two problems too?

Should i ask JSI developer about the first problem or is it on your side?

thanks for help

Edited by Jiraiyah

can anyone help me? I am using JSIPartComponentGroup to hide/show nodes in my part, but when i use tweak scale and scale the part and then disable and re-enable the nodes, the nods go back to the position as if the part is on 100% scale, anyway to fix this?

I don't see a good fix from my side. If someone removes a node and puts it back, TweakScale must assume that it was moved intentionally (this is done by procedural parts for example).

JSI could save the current position of a node when removing it. This would allow to switch them on and off for a manipulated part, but still break if you rescale it while nodes are switched off. To cover this case, it would need to actively look for a tweakScale module, read currentScale/defaultScale, and calculate the new position of the node.

how about changing the mass?

Oh sorry must have overlooked that. Scaling of the root part is not recommended because it will trigger a bug in KSP aud cause bad things. Other than that, there is no known problem with scaling of mass and attachment positions. Part clipping or models reverting scale are usually just visual bugs, so they should not interfere with physics. What you describe sounds like it comes either from a scaled root part or from a problem with your install. Exceptions can also lead to TweakScale code being skipped, which would lead to symptoms like you describe.

Pellinor, have you ever tried TweakScale with BDArmory? I wrote a config for it with appropriate exponents for various values and everything, but it resulted in a glitchy nightmare (parts wouldn't attach in editor, exceptions thrown, stuff like that). Just curious if anyone has had it work - could be cool to scale up one of the BDArmory bombs to make a megabomb.

I've got a weird bug with this. I'm using a number of different mods, and whenever I mouse over the reactors from the Interstellar mod in the parts menu, the thumbnail starts to expand, until I can no longer see it. I did hunt around in the forum, but didn't really see anything like this. Here's a list of the mods I have installed (I use CKAN, and it didn't SAY they were incompatible):

Interstellar

B9 pack

remotetech

realchute

mechjeb (and mechjueb and engineer for all)

engineer redux

Is this a known bug or incompatibility?