[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

I have Tweakscale downloaded but theres no option to rescale anything in game, please help

I'm having the same problem and I have no idea what's causing it.

Do you have ModuleManager as well? If you do, post a log file and pictures (of your Gamedata folder and in the VAB etc). If you don't, get it.

Here are pictures and the log file as requested. Module manager v 2.6.6 is present. The log file also seems to show Tweakscale loading properly and MM correctly applying the patches, but the UI doesn't have a Tweakscale option in the VAB.

The log file is too large to paste here, so have a d/l link instead.

EDIT: The pictures wouldn't load, so I've relinked them for download: Gamedata and In VAB

Edited by Guiltyspark

Here are pictures and the log file as requested. Module manager v 2.6.6 is present. The log file also seems to show Tweakscale loading properly and MM correctly applying the patches, but the UI doesn't have a Tweakscale option in the VAB.

EDIT: The pictures wouldn't load, so I've relinked them for download: Gamedata and In VAB

What about for other parts than that particular one? NO parts, or just not for that part?

What about for other parts than that particular one? NO parts, or just not for that part?

All of the parts I've tried don't have the rescale UI. Ex: The stock orange Rockomax Jumbo-64 tank also doesn't have any rescale UI. The KW part I show in the screenshot has a rescale module (if you don't believe me, check the KW_TweakScale.cfg file in the Tweakscale directory) so it should be 'rescaleable.'

Edited by Guiltyspark
Added quote to avoid confusion

Okay this is really ******* me off because Ive installed TweakScale but theres no option to resize parts in game, I've installed the thing that you said the mod uses and no difference, this is extremely frustrating me, do you know anything I'm doing wrong? :mad:

Okay this is really ******* me off because Ive installed TweakScale but theres no option to resize parts in game, I've installed the thing that you said the mod uses and no difference, this is extremely frustrating me, do you know anything I'm doing wrong? :mad:

I'm having the same problem. AFAIK, the mod is loading properly and module manager is patching correctly, but the UI doesn't work in VAB/SPH for some reason... A solution would be great.

(Yes, this post is just to bump the issue back to the end of the thread so people will see it.)

Wow, so many replies to keep up with...

Would be good to have root part scaling blocked, or a warning displayed if it is scaled - it is known to cause bugs - the scale resets after loading.

I doubt that blocking is a good idea. It will not completely save you because the root part of a vessel can change in flight (for example when undocking, or when parts are destroyed). On the other hand a scaled root part is completely fine while building, or when using a vessel as a subassembly. If someone wants to code a warning, I'd accept a pull request.

Is there a patch for Ven's stock revamp? If no, should I work on one? It is really needed.

I haven't used that mod yet, so feel free to write some patches. If the revamped parts keep their names the stock patches should already apply to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having the same problem. AFAIK, the mod is loading properly and module manager is patching correctly, but the UI doesn't work in VAB/SPH for some reason... A solution would be great.

(Yes, this post is just to bump the issue back to the end of the thread so people will see it.)

You can check the patches by looking at a save or craft file and searching for TweakScale modules.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there! Featured this mod in my 2 Minute Mods series. Thanks for the amazing work! Apologies, got the current maintainer wrong in the video.

Thanks for the advertising!

- - - Updated - - -

is it possible for landing gears in general to be tweak scaled using TweakScale? Or is there some specific restriction regarding landing gears?

It should work, but I am not sure how good the exponents for the landing gear module are (like braking force or suspension stiffness). I think I remember tiny wheels that did not support as much weight as I expected. However, the landing gear module is probably not worth too much research because it will be redone in the next KSP version.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I'm having trouble with the newest Tweakscale (221) to work with the newest Modular Fuel Tanks (560). The tank fuel amount won't scale anymore with MFT, works without it though. Any ideas how to get them to work along each other?

MFT does its own TweakScale support, so I do not touch fuel amounts if a MFT module is present. Most likely the breaking change comes from MFT.

- - - Updated - - -

There are loads of errors and exceptions in your log, it looks like the install has more problems than just TweakScale. Just one example:

[ERR 20:31:27.860] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'FerramAerospaceResearch' has not met dependency 'ModularFlightIntegrator' V1.0

[ERR 20:31:27.861] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'FerramAerospaceResearch' is missing 1 dependencies

- - - Updated - - -

Making probe cores, and SAS core things bigger scale up the power of SAS aswell, so they turn the craft with more oomph. Cheaty cheaty

An enlarged reaction wheel should be equal in mass, power and cost to several smaller ones. I don't see what's wrong with that. (However there is a known issue about power consumption)

Edited by pellinor

There are loads of errors and exceptions in your log, it looks like the install has more problems than just TweakScale. Just one example:

I will try a fresh vanilla install soon to test if Tweakscale works, but the errors in the log are not relevant to Tweakscale anyway...

I will try a fresh vanilla install soon to test if Tweakscale works, but the errors in the log are not relevant to Tweakscale anyway...

Just a heads up. Mods throwing exceptions can break other mods. Sometimes exceptions are harmless. Other times exceptions prevent mods from working. The goal is to have no exceptions on load (not always possible) and as few as possible during gameplay. From what pellinor flagged you have a borked FAR install. That is no bueno.

Just a heads up. Mods throwing exceptions can break other mods. Sometimes exceptions are harmless. Other times exceptions prevent mods from working. The goal is to have no exceptions on load (not always possible) and as few as possible during gameplay. From what pellinor flagged you have a borked FAR install. That is no bueno.

I went to check out Moduleflightintegrator and realized that all the problems I've been experiencing are due to Norton **ing 360 flagging .dll files as viruses with WS.reputation. I thought I disabled WS.reputation flagging...

yes i bloody well have and its still not doing crap.

Anyway, Shark, you probably have the same problem that I did. Go into whatever antivirus you have (if its Norton, go to Security, then history, then select quarantine) and unflag/restore scale.dll and kspapiextensions.dll and then reinstall Tweakscale.

Bug report: The "Small Delta Wing", "Elevon 5", "Wing Connector Type E", and "Structural Wing Type D" all have no scaling available. I looked at the .cfg and the definitions are missing. This is as of version 2.2.1.

Also, not really a bug, but an observation. I think the scaling of lifting surfaces is a bit odd... bringing a "FAT-455" control surface down to 50% scale will bring it to a similar size to the 100% scale "Elevon 1"... So it should be capable of maneuvering the aircraft just about the same as the Elevon 1. But it doesn't, despite having a slightly greater surface area (even at 50% scale), the scaled FAT-455 is incredibly lethargic compared to it.

It seems like the scaling is taking into account the cross section of the wing in addition to the surface area in order to generate a lift (and drag?) rating. It's really odd to see a thinner wing and control surface at full deflection barely moving an aircraft when a fatter control surface with the same surface area results in quite a bit more maneuverability.

Edited by Justicier

So, ignorant noob question.

Just started messing with this mod this morning.

If I want to change the default size (say, of a fuel tank - nothing fancy) , is that something tweakscale can do for me if I edit the cfgs ?

I was wondering if there were plans or a way to make it so that using techRequired would show something in the corresponding tech node in the science center? As it stands now you can't actually see when something unlocks in the science node.

I've looked over the instructions and I don't see any way to scale a part in the X and Z axis while leaving the Y axis as is. Does anyone know if this is this possible?

pellinor - thanks for maintaining this mod. A must have in my installs.

I've avoided this mod as well as most procedural stuff since I started playing KSP because I don't really like how it goes against the "Lego blocks" philosophy of the game but I really want to try Infernal Robotics. I'd like to write a Module Manager patch that would disable the Tweakscale configs of all stock and mod parts except IR, how can I do that?