[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

actually, i have. last week i tried scaling one up to 3.75 for a giant asteroid mover, and no matter how fast/slow i'd try to grab with it ~ nothing.

The claw has a "captureRange" value, scaling this seems to fix it. I added the exponent to the dev version. However I am not sure if the grappling node is scaled correctly. I would expect it to be always size1 after grappling, and it might be scaled correctly after a reload (haven't tested this yet).

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to the rescaling of root parts, is there a way to change which part is root mid flight?

It may change on docking since the merged vessel only has one root part. I've seen the bug vanish this way. But there is no simple way for telling KSP which part should be root.

- - - Updated - - -

The stock drills don't seem to scale correctly, when scaled to >200% they say no ground contact even when the ship is physically resting on them.

Should be fixed in the dev version.

Edited by pellinor

Does the claw work if you scale it down? I couldn't get it to grab in the release version

I used a scaled down claw (0.625m, I think) last night. It did bounce off my station on my first attempt, but it worked the second time when I lined it up better with the side of the station and hit it harder (still only 1-2m/s).

PreRelease v2.2.2 [.zip]

Since we haven't had a release for too long, I promoted the dev version to a prerelease. As usual, you only need the GameData Folder of the zip.

Please complain if there are any new issues! I'll wait a few days before putting it up on KerbalStuff and Curse.

ChangeLog since v2.2.1

* update of NFT patches

* Fix scaling of resource lists

* support for a few missing stock parts

* partial support for a few other mods

* stock radiator support

* Scale ImpactRange for stock drill modules (this is what determines if the drill has ground contact or not)

* scale captureRange for claw (this should fix 3.75m claws not grappling)

* removed brakingTorque exponent (not needed and breaks stock tweakable)

* Removed MM switch for scaleable crew pods

* new file Examples.cfg with frequently used custom patches

will it fix 0.625 claws?

I am not aware that they were broken. When fixing the 3.75m claw I did a quick test grabbing parts at the launchpad and that looked good. I'll check some more with asteroids. Be aware that even the 1.25m claw is not known for its grabbing reliability (and it definitely has a max speed, I'd guess something in the order of 1m/s).

- - - Updated - - -

How do I add tweakscale to a part?

The easiest is to look into the TweakScale/patches folder and copy from there. Find a part that is similar to yours (like "another 2.5m engine" or "a structural part that is scaled in %") and use its patch as a template.

Edited by pellinor

Two additions to the prerelease:

* Partial fix for editor mass display not updating

* Another patch for scaling of lists. This should fix the trouble with cost of FSFuelSwitch parts.

So we are now at version 2.2.4. I plan to do a release on friday, so there is still a bit of time for testing.

Thanks for the update! Once I get home I'll test it.

One thing I do want to talk about is the change in breaking force/torque when scaling down, I feel it's much too aggressive.

For example, this giant robot falls apart completely if I give it a tickle. You can download it and try it yourself.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What I would do: keep breaking force/torque at the same value (you're still using the same nuts and bolts), just reduce crash tolerance.

On the original thread for Tweakscale there is a spoiler tab labeled "Adding Module Support" That should have everything you need.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234-0-90-TweakScale-Rescale-Everything!-%28v1-50-2014-12-24-10-40-UTC%29

Can someone expand on this? I'm trying to add the octotrusses from the NearFutureConstruction mod but no matter how I edit the .cfg files for Tweakscale I can't get it to work, even following those directions.

How does one increase the default size of parts with this mod? I tried increasing the size of the Rockomax X200-32 tank (which holds 1440 fuel) from 2.5m to 3.5m by changing the defaultScale= value for it in Squad_TweakScale.cfg. When I loaded the game it was bigger, but still only held 1440 fuel. When I used the slider in the right-click menu to scale it back to 2.5m, it then only held 213.3 fuel. I want the size and fuel content to scale up by default. How can I do this?

How does one increase the default size of parts with this mod? I tried increasing the size of the Rockomax X200-32 tank (which holds 1440 fuel) from 2.5m to 3.5m by changing the defaultScale= value for it in Squad_TweakScale.cfg. When I loaded the game it was bigger, but still only held 1440 fuel. When I used the slider in the right-click menu to scale it back to 2.5m, it then only held 213.3 fuel. I want the size and fuel content to scale up by default. How can I do this?

When you set the default scale in the cfg you didn't change the amount of fuel held by the tank nor the mass. Only its visible size.

The bellow values are from a T100 tank but....

Change the values under resource, mass and scale to change the default size capacity and weight. That should get you what you're looking for.

mass = 0.0625

RESOURCE
{
name = LiquidFuel
amount = 45
maxAmount = 45

RESOURCE
{
name = Oxidizer
amount = 55
maxAmount = 55
}
}

Short version: you can't. The TweakScale UI always starts at the size of the original part. DefaultScale is just a UI value that is used to display rescale factors in an intuitive way ("Which scale should the UI use to describe the original part?"). So if you set defaultScale to 3.5m, you should still get the original size in the editor. Just the TweakScale UI should show "3.5m".

You could do some hacks to get what you want, like setting defaultScale to 50% and the minimum allowed scale to 100%, but I don't think that is a good idea. Better to do what V8jester suggests, preferably with MM patches.

Edited by pellinor

Update: [.zip]

v2.2.5

* recompile for KSP 1.0.5

* update MM

* patches for the new parts

I am still using the old KspApiExtensions, so far everything seems to work. Happy launching, and please complain if you find any new bugs!

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone expand on this? I'm trying to add the octotrusses from the NearFutureConstruction mod but no matter how I edit the .cfg files for Tweakscale I can't get it to work, even following those directions.

I'll have a look at near future construction. Since much of NFT is already supported this would make a good addition.

EDIT: Nvm, despite really not changing anything, it loaded correctly on the third restart. Thanks for the fast update!

--- old stuff ---

Strange, I added the mod into the gameplay folder, but nothing happens ingame (meaning no new entry in context menus). Is there some outlandish magic I need to do to get this to work?

Vanilla 105 install, only using KER.

Edited by Temeter