[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

Why was the small scale tweaking removed? Now I can only resize to the default sizes, where before I could go into areas between them. Is there a .ini where I could fix this?

I changed nothing, and can still scale everything continuously. The intermediate sizes are allowed by the "freeScale=true" property. This is set to "true" in all configs that come with TweakScale. Maybe you miss some .cfg file in the GameData/TweakScale folder?

Could you maybe add configs for TAC Life Support? I would do it myself but it with all the updating going on I would have to do it again every time stuff updated.

If you already have some configs for MM, you can post it here. It will be easier for Pellinor to merge everything in main mod package.

Help moder to help you and community sooner.

[quote name='Mods_o_joy']How do i add support for this to my mod?[/QUOTE]Check out the original thread and look under "Example Configurations"

[SIZE=2][URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234-0-90-TweakScale-Rescale-Everything!-%28v1-50-2014-12-24-10-40-UTC%29[/URL]

Just add the module you want to your parts and boom. You too can be [URL="http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0011145/?ref_=tt_cl_t1"]Wayne Szalinski[/URL] ;)
[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...

Small error in the OPT config file: There's 2 times tweakscale for OPT J-59 turbo ramjet

The 2nd time must be for OPT J-61 as follow:

@PART[opt_mk2_engine] // OPT J-61 Advanced TurboRamjet
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

Hey there, tried reading up on how to add TweakScale on a part by part basis and I'm having some trouble. Trying to add TweakScale functionality to only the structural parts of the Kerbal Planetary Base Systems mod. So far I attempted a couple things but to no avail.

Any suggestions? Posting this after I've already posted in the mod's thread, no word yet but it's only been a little while. Just want to make sure I'm doing everything right TweakScale-wise. Thanks

I think you used file names instead of part names (following squad's example, people often don't name their stuff consistently). For example there is a file corridor_2end_adapter.cfg but the part inside has name=KKAOSS_gangway_2_adapter. The last one is what MM needs to identify the part.

12 minutes ago, pellinor said:

I think you used file names instead of part names (following squad's example, people often don't name their stuff consistently). For example there is a file corridor_2end_adapter.cfg but the part inside has name=KKAOSS_gangway_2_adapter. The last one is what MM needs to identify the part.

Mmmmmmyeeessss!

So I made a half length Mk1 jet fuel tank by copying the .cfg and changing the values from this:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.9375, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, -0.625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1

And:

model = Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/Fuselage

To 

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.46875, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.46875, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, -0.625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1

And: 

model = Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/Fuselage
	scale = 1.0, 0.5, 1.0

And while this works fine in the stock game, when I add the new .cfg to an install with tweakscale, the part scales fine. However the new node definitions stay the same as the original tank. (The nodes are floating outside of the part.) Why could this be happening and is it possible to fix?

I have tried installing tweakscale but it does not want to work.

I am in v1.05. Here is a list of my mods currently installed:

1. Custom Flags (A folder where I have put my own flags into the game)
  2. KAS (Kerbal Attachment System)
  3. KIS (Kerbal Inventory System)
  4. KOS (Kerbal Operating System)
  5. Mechjeb2
  6. Squad (default)
  7. Tweakscale

On 12/12/2015, 12:14:44, pellinor said:

Did you also give the part a new name? Part names must be unique, else bad things may happen. And the new part should not be scaleable until you explicitely add a TweakScale module.

Yep, forgot to rename that. How would I add tweakscale to the part?

hey im having a REALLY wierd bug. im trying to run ksp, but it just stops loading, here is the more important part in the log: 

[ERR 19:12:43.852] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Scale_Editor': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TweakScale.TweakScaleEditor' from assembly 'Scale_Editor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

whats REALLY wierd is that  this never happend before. ever! like, i was using tweak scale for decades, in many versions, with many mods, and the weirdest thing is that this bug never happened. i mean, the only thing i did was delete some other stuff stopping ksp from loading on ksp linux, and delete the 6 or 7 copies of KSP api extension .dlls in the gamedata folder, and delete this mod which i dont even remember adding, like, at all... but then it stopped working. is it something i may have enabled when running ksp accidentally? because i dont know what could cause this.

I'm looking at rescaling some parts to produce very large cargo bays. After exploding the runway a couple of times, I realised that they were scaling up mass proportional to the cube of the scaling factor - the default. I've read up on how to change this, but a question for the experts: what's a reasonably balanced exponent for mass on a basically hollow part like a cargo bay or unfuelled adapter? 2 seems too low - obviously, the 10m version of the part will need a thicker skin and more internal bracing. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, damerell said:

I'm looking at rescaling some parts to produce very large cargo bays. After exploding the runway a couple of times, I realised that they were scaling up mass proportional to the cube of the scaling factor - the default. I've read up on how to change this, but a question for the experts: what's a reasonably balanced exponent for mass on a basically hollow part like a cargo bay or unfuelled adapter? 2 seems too low - obviously, the 10m version of the part will need a thicker skin and more internal bracing. Any suggestions?

The current exponent comes from a rough comparison of the stock cargo bays. I'd consider anything between 2 and 3 as somewhat reasonable and would just test which exponent feels balanced for the sizes you are using.

19 hours ago, 123nick said:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TweakScale.TweakScaleEditor' from assembly 'Scale_Editor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

This editor is a piece of unused and outdated code, you can safely throw the dll out. I just haven't touched it yet because there were never any problems.

30 minutes ago, pellinor said:

The current exponent comes from a rough comparison of the stock cargo bays. I'd consider anything between 2 and 3 as somewhat reasonable and would just test which exponent feels balanced for the sizes you are using.

I was afraid you'd say that. I have a bit of a conflict of interest in deciding how much the parts I'm going to fly should weigh. :-)

However, the Space-Y Extended service bays and the larger stock bay fit nicely if one takes the exponent as 2.1, so I guess I'll go with that.

27 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

I'm having an issue with an AIES command part (root part on vessel) rescaling back to normal in flight. I see that it is a known issue, is there any way that I can be fixed?

Have you tried to make some other part "root" that is not scaled ?
That should solve problem, but you will need to have at least one part on craft that is not scaled to make this workaround.