[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

1 hour ago, DarthVader said:

I'm having an issue with an AIES command part (root part on vessel) rescaling back to normal in flight. I see that it is a known issue, is there any way that I can be fixed?

You can look at how Roverdude fixed the USI Kontainers. He made separate parts with hardcoded scale (not using the rescaleFactor value because that will trigger the same bug).

• 2 weeks later...

plan on adding MFT support? i asked on the MFT thread, they said they will "when the dust has settled" (dunno when or what exactly that is) so im thinking, maybe you can have some MFT support added?

I'm not sure if you are accepting suggestions for parts to be added to Tweakscale but if possible could you add the MK2 formfactor expansion mods?

I built a very, VERY heavy SSTO (over 250 tons!) that can deliver pieces 2.5m wide and up to 5m long to ~120km orbit. It has a triple fuselage - a MK3 cockpit, passenger and cargo hold, with 2 Mk2 fuselages built into the wings. the wing pieces are scaled up to 200% and the mkII fuselages are supposed to be scaled to the next scale up (3.75 opposed to 2.5) unfortunately I am only able to do this with the stock MK2 parts. The air intakes and adapters I want to use are part of the MK2 expansion mod, and being able to use those would make my craft a bit more aesthetically pleasing as well as having more space for intakes.

14 hours ago, JedTech said:

I just noticed that Gaius's original plugin is under a share alike license: CC BY-NC-SA

Doesn't Tweakscale also need to use this license?

In the first page of the old Tweakscale thread, where the OP describes it as WTFPL, the then developer said: "It's CC BY-NC-SA. I want to make it WTFPL (my favorite licence), but I've asked Gaius for permission to do that and haven't yet received an answer."

Presumably they got permission and updated the OP.

On 3.1.2016 at 2:56 AM, Auriga_Nexus said:

I'm not sure if you are accepting suggestions for parts to be added to Tweakscale but if possible could you add the MK2 formfactor expansion mods?

I happily take suggestions, most happily in the form of working ModuleManager patches. The thing is, I can't stay up to date with all the mods I'm not using myself. So it often the users of those mods who contribute patches or notice when something needs an update.

Probably the non-scaling parts have new names. This needs some sorting through his part configs and my opt_tweakScale file to see what is obsolete and what is missing. I'd like to wait with this until there is a stable release (currently the thread says 'test release' so there might be more changes to come).

Small question, and i'm afraid that i has already been asked, but i couldn't find it in the recent pages:

How are the different parameters of the parts affected by TweakScale? For example, the Isp or the thrust of the engines when scaled up or down? Or the parameters of the mining parts (drills and converters)?

Thanks for your help :)

1 hour ago, ndiver said:

Small question, and i'm afraid that i has already been asked, but i couldn't find it in the recent pages:

How are the different parameters of the parts affected by TweakScale? For example, the Isp or the thrust of the engines when scaled up or down? Or the parameters of the mining parts (drills and converters)?

Thanks for your help :)

You find those parameters in scaleExponents.cfg in the TweakScale folder. For example mass=3 means that part mass scales with volume (=scale^3) per default (unless overridden for a part or a scaleType). Engines are balanced to preserve ISP and TWR.

Edited by pellinor

Thanks for the explanation, i will take a look at that :)

The main question is to know for the different parts which version (stock or scaled) is the more interesting. The difficulty is to determine which part to use as i can't compare ingame the parameters.

Edited by ndiver

Hi there! Amazing mod, thanks for maintaining it. However, I seem to have the missing scale slider bug. I found in the old thread that it's due to other mods. I was wondering if it's known which mods do this, and how to fix this nowadays. Other mods installed: HullcamVDS, kOS, Planetshine, RCSbuildaid, RemoteTech and Scatterer.

6 hours ago, Rodyle said:

Hi there! Amazing mod, thanks for maintaining it. However, I seem to have the missing scale slider bug. I found in the old thread that it's due to other mods. I was wondering if it's known which mods do this, and how to fix this nowadays. Other mods installed: HullcamVDS, kOS, Planetshine, RCSbuildaid, RemoteTech and Scatterer.

This can be caused by several things, the most common are

* There are no TweakScale modules (missing modulemanager.dll)
To check if your part has a TweakScale module you can save a craft and search for "name = TweakScale" in the craft file.

* other mods that forbid scaling certain parts on purpose (surely not the ones from your list)

* Exceptions, no matter if they come from TweakScale or somewhere else (search for "exception" in your log).

Edited by pellinor

2 hours ago, pellinor said:

This can be caused by several things, the most common are

* There are no TweakScale modules (missing modulemanager.dll)
To check if your part has a TweakScale module you can save a craft and search for "name = TweakScale" in the craft file.

* other mods that forbid scaling certain parts on purpose (surely not the ones from your list)

* Exceptions, no matter if they come from TweakScale or somewhere else (search for "exception" in your log).

Hi there. Thanks for the response. I indeed was missing the module manager. Redownloaded, added it. Worked perfectly. Thanks again mate.

Hi,

is there a way to show the information that you normally have with rightlicking a part in the inventory that has been quickscaled?

I'd like to be able to see energy consuption/thrust etc for a tweakscaled part.

Maybe there is some other mod that allows the RMB window to work on part in the editor, not just in the left inventory?

On 1/13/2016 at 11:11 AM, pellinor said:

Probably the non-scaling parts have new names. This needs some sorting through his part configs and my opt_tweakScale file to see what is obsolete and what is missing. I'd like to wait with this until there is a stable release (currently the thread says 'test release' so there might be more changes to come).

I think with his test releases he has said that they won't change in the final release for the version.

Anyone has already encountered a bug when rescaling SRBs do not change their thrust ? (looked at the cfg and it is the same as other SRBs that can properly be rescaled)

I am also seeing a lot of Exceptions in my debug log and experiencing some NaN when using this mod, any possible link ?

If anyone knew how to fix this, I would appreciate it. I can provide more information if needed.

6 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Anyone has already encountered a bug when rescaling SRBs do not change their thrust ? (looked at the cfg and it is the same as other SRBs that can properly be rescaled)

I am also seeing a lot of Exceptions in my debug log and experiencing some NaN when using this mod, any possible link ?

If anyone knew how to fix this, I would appreciate it. I can provide more information if needed.

No, buti founded other bug. When i rescaled the Kickback SRB, the flame/plume was on the same radius/size of the original size

2 hours ago, Giuliano said:

No, buti founded other bug. When i rescaled the Kickback SRB, the flame/plume was on the same radius/size of the original size

known issue. There is code for rescaling particle effects but I haven't yet understood why it broke or if it worked in the past.

3 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Sounds like a broken install. Your log would help. Do any of the exceptions come from TweakScale?

And for the SRB, you also compared the TweakScale patches of those parts? If it is something exotic the patch might be out of date.

Edited by pellinor

23 minutes ago, pellinor said:

Sounds like a broken install. Your log would help. Do any of the exceptions come from TweakScale?

And for the SRB, you also compared the TweakScale patches of those parts? If it is something exotic the patch might be out of date.

The exceptions seem to be caused by TweakScale but linked to Real Fuels in a way (@Svm420 already reported a similar issue in the RF thread): I get this spammed for a significant time when loading a craft with TweakScaled SRBs in the VAB:

[TweakScale Warning] Exception on Rescale: System.StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
  at TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TweakScale.TweakScale.GetModuleCost (Single defaultCost) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.GetModuleCosts (Single defaultCost) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.CostTL (Single cost, .ConfigNode cfg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.DoConfig (.ConfigNode cfg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs.SetConfiguration (System.String newConfiguration, Boolean resetTechLevels) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealFuels.TweakScaleModularEnginesUpdater.OnRescale (ScalingFactor factor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Followed by this after a good number of repetitions:

TweakScale.Tools:LogWf(String, Object[])
TweakScale.TweakScale:Setup()
TweakScale.TweakScale:GetModuleCost(Single)
Part:GetModuleCosts(Single)
RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs:CostTL(Single, ConfigNode)
RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs:DoConfig(ConfigNode)
RealFuels.ModuleEngineConfigs:SetConfiguration(String, Boolean)
RealFuels.TweakScaleModularEnginesUpdater:OnRescale(ScalingFactor)

(The first lines occurs only once, but the following lines are repeated dozens and dozens of times)

Full output_log.txt available here. (No NaN on this log, and no crash)

For the TweakScale patches, which files do you exactly mean ?

Are these the xxx_TweakScale.cfg found in GameData/TweakScale/patches ? If yes, the SRBs that I am using come from SpaceY which doesn't have a cfg inside patches, but inside it's own mod folder. From what I see, the module structure seems to be different but it might not be the issue: svm420 reported that the exceptions happened with all engines.

Spoiler

MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 2.5
	}

For the SpaceY files, against, for the cfgs in patches:

%MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 2.5
    }

I think that is pretty much it, my modlist is available in my sig (I should have mentioned I was still playing with 1.0.4, shouldn't I ? Sorry for that).

Thank you for helping !

Edited by Gaarst
Grammar and stuff

3 minutes ago, pellinor said:

Are you using the latest version? The infinite loop should be fixed in TweakScale v2.2.6.

And yes, the patches look fine, those are basically different ways to get the same thing.

I'll try the 2.2.6, but anyway, the infinite loop is not the biggest problem: it just takes a little longer to load the rocket, but that is all.

My main concern is the fact that when rescaled, the boosters keep their original thrust; and that the mod is throwing some NaNs around when I try to launch the rocket (only happens sometimes, I will try to get it happening to proivde a log).

3 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

I'll try the 2.2.6, but anyway, the infinite loop is not the biggest problem

The infinite loop is the biggest problem. As for pretty much any exception on vessel load, the only really safe thing to do is to terminate the program (i.e. crash to desptop), or at least leave the editor. Otherwise you accept that all sorts of completely unrelated things might be broken. As long as this is present it really makes no sense to debug other things.

13 minutes ago, pellinor said:

The infinite loop is the biggest problem. As for pretty much any exception on vessel load, the only really safe thing to do is to terminate the program (i.e. crash to desptop), or at least leave the editor. Otherwise you accept that all sorts of completely unrelated things might be broken. As long as this is present it really makes no sense to debug other things.

Ok. I have tried 2.2.6, but unsurprisingly, KSP 1.0.4 doesn't like it (like really not).

Also, I can't seem to replicate the NaN. Now, the game just crashes: I load a craft, put a SRB on it, rescale the SRB, launch and the game crashes. No crash folder is generated, the game justs plainly crashes.

Output log.

Edited by Gaarst