[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

Whatever I tried, the current version from GitHub or latest dev version isn't working. it's not rescaling anything when trying to build a new rocket - and the existing ones are all broken now, because the parts are not rescaled.

Unfortunately I can't code, so I hope someone will soon offer a working TweakScale for 1.1.0, so I can continue playing my savegames.

Edited by Tekener

9 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Alright, I uploaded a new update for IFS which fixes an issue in 1.21 with caused IFS to generate negative mass, which would result in anti gravity effect, making your rocket float away from Kerbin. The new version can be downloaded from here

It was an "Interstellar Extended" problem, sorry to bother :/

Release v2.2.7.1

Changelog
* update for 1.1
* Workaround for the camera breaking (root part scaling is still broken)
* support for new stock parts
* shrinking science and probe cores makes them more expensive
  (only changed for stock so far)
* update for the OPT v1.8 test release

Known issues
* RootPartBug: the root part still reverts scale on load/revert to launch (only visuals/colliders).
* Tweakable: you might need the slider to reach to the min/max values (the UI_ScaleEdit tweakable is stock now and behaves slightly different).
* IVA overlay is not scaled

18 hours ago, Felipe Guimarães said:

It was an "Interstellar Extended" problem, sorry to bother :/

Thanks for the update

19 hours ago, Tekener said:

Whatever I tried, the current version from GitHub or latest dev version isn't working. it's not rescaling anything when trying to build a new rocket - and the existing ones are all broken now, because the parts are not rescaled.

Unfortunately I can't code, so I hope someone will soon offer a working TweakScale for 1.1.0, so I can continue playing my savegames.

Sounds like a problem with your install. Missing modulemanager maybe?

On 20.4.2016 at 0:12 AM, JohnWittle said:

The fact that the parts have different masses makes taking the actual measurement a little problematic; I'd rather just trust your word heh. I'm not sure why I originally thought that, I did do some experiments a while back when trying to understand how tweakscale interpreted reaction wheel torque but I didn't know that the mass of a 0.625m reaction wheel scaled to 1.25m didn't have the same mass as the 1.25m reaction wheel.

The way I would test this is to compare two things of equal mass. Size is most obvious but not much less gameplay-relevant as mass. A stock large reaction wheel is less powerful than the same volume filled with small wheels because it has the typical amount of torque needed by a 2.5m craft, packaged in a form factor that looks good on such a craft.

By the way, it is good to have a few people who don't just trust my words because someone needs to find the bugs I introduce.

2 hours ago, pellinor said:

Sounds like a problem with your install. Missing modulemanager maybe?

It was indeed the install, but not the module manager. Something was working odd when upgrading my old KSP 1.0.5 version to 1.1. 

With a fresh KSP install und step by step module installation all is fine :) Thanks a lot! Old save games working again now :)

Edited by Tekener

It works 50/50 for me. For example, the fuel tanks seems working fine, while the batteries are always shows the stock amount of electricity after you get your craft to the pad (while its model stays resized tho). The same goes for all engines and SRB's.

For example here is some screens:

Spoiler

This booster is scaled like 3-4 times, but it shows just standart 250 kN Thrust (and its not even flying to anywhere for like 6 more minutes because of all that fuel mass xD )

002299.jpg

Same for liquid engines: this one is scaled up to 2,5 times and its shows only 937.1 kN (the stock is 936 kN)

002301.jpg

TweakScale Version 2.2.7.1, KSP 1.1.0 1230 (64 bit)

Edited by quadro7f
typos

1 hour ago, quadro7f said:

It works 50/50 for me. For example, the fuel tanks seems working fine, while the batteries are always shows the stock amount of electricity after you get your craft to the pad (while its model stays resized tho). The same goes for all engines and SRB's.

For example here is some screens:

TweakScale Version 2.2.7.1, KSP 1.1.0 1230 (64 bit)

I can not reproduce this. What I am doing:

* take MK1 pod
* attach small stock battery, right click => says 100EC
* scale to 200% => still says 100EC
  (if I would right click again at this point, the dislay would jump to the correct 800EC)
* launch => I end up with 800EC on the pad

For engines I tried two Vectory of different size (0.625 and 1.25), and the thrust of the small one was considerably lower.

Do you happen to have MFT or realFuels installed? By design TweakScale is not touching some things if their modules are present on a part.

Edit: more specifically: "ModuleEngineConfigs" makes it ignore engines and "ModuleFuelTanks" makes it ignore RESOURCE nodes.

Edited by pellinor

Release v2.2.7.2:
* fix scaling of the root part (many thanks to NathanKell)

Known issues:
* editor: tweakables of scaled values are not updating their limits correctly (specifically RESOURCE nodes)
(Workaround: right click again, or attach/detach a part on the vessel)

Is it possible to provide a tweakscale menu for inactive (red in VAB/SPH, not attached to root part) parts? Now it's required to attach a part and scale afterwards, however scaling beforehand would be easier in many places.

1 hour ago, pellinor said:

I can not reproduce this. What I am doing:

* take MK1 pod
* attach small stock battery, right click => says 100EC
* scale to 200% => still says 100EC
  (if I would right click again at this point, the dislay would jump to the correct 800EC)
* launch => I end up with 800EC on the pad

For engines I tried two Vectory of different size (0.625 and 1.25), and the thrust of the small one was considerably lower.

Do you happen to have MFT or realFuels installed? By design TweakScale is not touching some things if their modules are present on a part.

Edit: more specifically: "ModuleEngineConfigs" makes it ignore engines and "ModuleFuelTanks" makes it ignore RESOURCE nodes.

Oh, I don't think that I am using MFT or RealFuels mods.

But maybe there are some other mods that could cause this incompability? I just don't know. Here is my full list:

Spoiler

KSP: 1.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
Filter Extensions - 2.5
USI Tools - 0.7.1
ABookCase Orbital Reference System - 0.2
Analog Control - 1.6.2
B9 Part Switch - 1.0.1
Camera Focus Changer - 0.9
Community Resource Pack - 0.5
Contract Configurator - 1.10.4
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor - 1.4.2
CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.6
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.1.7
Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose - 1.2.3
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.2.1
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.2
SpaceTux: Shared Assets - 0.3.9
Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts - 0.3.19.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.4.2
Contract Reward Modifier - 1.0.2.2
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.7
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2.3
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.1
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.2.1.9
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.6.1
Firespitter - 7.2.1
Docking Sounds - 2.1
HeatControl - 0.3
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.23
RasterPropMonitor - 0.25.1
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.0.2
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.5
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
MissionController 2 - 1.3.5
Modular Rocket Systems - 1.12.6
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.3
NearFutureConstruction - 0.6
NearFutureElectrical - 0.7
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.7
Final Frontier - 1.0.2.2131
ORIGAMI Antennas - 0.9.2
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.0.8
PlanetShine - 0.2.5
QuickStart - 1.1.5
RCS Build Aid - 0.8
RCS Sounds - 5.0
RealPlume - Stock - 0.10.6
Regolith - 0.1.2
RemoteTech - 1.6.11
DeepFreeze Continued... - 0.22
SCANsat - 1.1.6
ShipManifest - 5.0.9
Sigma Dimensions - 0.4.3
Stock Visual Enhancements - 0.6.4
Strategia - 1.2.1
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 6.0
TextureReplacer - 2.4.13
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.6
TweakScale - 2.2.7.2
USI Core - 0.2.1
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.8.1
Karbonite - 0.7.1
Karbonite Plus - 0.6.1
Kolonization Core - 0.2.1
USI Survivability Pack - 0.5.1
UKS - 0.40.1.1
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.8.11
Waypoint Manager - 2.5
Wider Contracts App - 1.3.2
WildBlueTools - 1.1.1
Buffalo - 0.2.8
[x] Science! - 4.15

And... I just made the exactly of what you did with dat pod and.. I got that bug again ^^ Take a look:

Spoiler

1. I took the pod and placed the basic battery on it:

002303.jpg

2. Scaled up to 200%, nothing changed, as you said it shouldn't, ok.

002304.jpg

3. Clicked again, and now it shows 800 energy, Yay!

002305.jpg

4. Now going to the launchpad and.. emmm.. wait, what? How did that happen? xD

002306.jpg

Here, I did record a log of that particullar session, so maybe this will help to determine the reason: Log link

Btw, your mod is totally awesome, it gives so much flexibility to this game needed, keep it up! ^^

4 hours ago, quadro7f said:

Here, I did record a log of that particullar session, so maybe this will help to determine the reason: Log link

The log helped, there is a good collection of exceptions, especially one caught my attention:
>> AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Regolith':

Regolith was a resource mod that was pulled into stock long ago, the last supported KSP version was 0.90! Please don't just copy your pile of mods from one KSP version to the next. It causes all sorts of issues. And even if the game tries its best to survive exceptions they are generally a sign that something is wrong.

1 hour ago, pellinor said:

The log helped, there is a good collection of exceptions, especially one caught my attention:
>> AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Regolith':

Regolith was a resource mod that was pulled into stock long ago, the last supported KSP version was 0.90! Please don't just copy your pile of mods from one KSP version to the next. It causes all sorts of issues.

Oh, I am sorry, I didn't know that. :blush: Thank you for your time. 

And I've just FOUND IT!  By removing and adding mods, it is clearly "KRnD" or "Kerbal Research & Development" mod of which breaks TweakScale and causes so strange incompatibilities.  I hope this info will help in the future ^^

1 minute ago, boomchacle said:

I'm sure someone has asked, but I'm not gonna search through 24 pages of random talking for the answer.

Does this work with BD's armory.

Try it? That's probably the fastest answer you will get

14 hours ago, boomchacle said:

Does this work with BD's armory.

No Idea, haven't used it yet. All I can say that there is no support from TweakScale's side (bdarmoury might come with its own scaling configs).

On 24.4.2016 at 6:48 PM, emerald said:

Is it possible to provide a tweakscale menu for inactive (red in VAB/SPH, not attached to root part) parts? Now it's required to attach a part and scale afterwards, however scaling beforehand would be easier in many places.

I always thought that would work, at least for single parts? Have to check.

Changing how/when the game shows right click menus would be out of scope for this mod. All it does at the moment is attaching a "tweakable" object to a variable, everything else is organized automagically by the game.