[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

Hey, really good work so far. :-)

But... since 1.1.2 tweak scale nales me down on the runway, that means, i can´t take off my VTOL or Rocket when i use Tweak scaled fins for stearing.

Using actual version 2.2.9

Greetings

Edited by Stormcrow981

7 hours ago, Stormcrow981 said:

Hey, really good work so far. :-)

But... since 1.1.2 tweak scale nales me down on the runway, that means, i can´t take off my VTOL or Rocket when i use Tweak scaled fins for stearing.

Using actual version 2.2.9

Greetings

I could launch rockets with scaled parts just fine. More details please, and try to reproduce your problem in the simplest way possible. Best would be a very simple craft in a stock+tweakscale install. A screenshot might also help.

10 minutes ago, Styles2304 said:

So other people are actually able to scale things? I opened up a craft file and all my parts were normal sized again.

Yes, I am not aware of any problem. It sounds like you have a missing or outdated moduleManager, or the TweakScale dll refuses to load. For you a look in the log might also help (search for "Exception").

Edited by pellinor

2 hours ago, Eldaris said:

Hi, got the same problem, the ship is stuck, and go up infinitely, even if i start my engine.

Looks like something similar is happening for procedural parts/fairings. Do you have one of those? What's the minimum set of mods you need to get this behavior?

No procedural parts or fairings, i deleted them first to see where the probleme is. But lot of mods... I know just that if i delete TS too the probleme don't occur.

Edited by Eldaris

So this is only stock,

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Released the clamps, Rocket holds its static position.

Started the Solid booster, Rocket holds its static position.

fins are downscaled to 70% size (in original size everythings working fine also without TS)

Without mods except TS I also have the described problem.

Still using KSP 1.1.2 X64 and Tweakscale v2.2.9 and play in Career Mode

Maybe its important as well:

The Pre 2.2.9 Version worked fine in 1.1.1

That problem began, when KSP version changed from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, changed to 2.2.9  to eventually solve that bug.

Greetings

Edited by Stormcrow981

Now the best mod (tweakscale) is bugging me...Tweakscale is making my resized wheels sink(a little) into the ground and not working. My rover is like stuck to the runaway and not able to move. No right click menu for the wheels and rover inoperable. I'm using KSP 1.1.2 X64 and Tweakscale v2.2.9... Hope it will be fixed... Thankyou for your work!

2 hours ago, Stormcrow981 said:

So this is only stock,

Released the clamps, Rocket holds its static position.

Started the Solid booster, Rocket holds its static position.

fins are downscaled to 70% size (in original size everythings working fine also without TS)

I still can't replicate it. Plane cockpit, 4x AV-R8 at 70% scale, one launch clamp. Launches fine both in sandbox and career for me. Maybe the KSP update broke something in your install?

@pellinor

The he issue is caused by FAR. I thought it was just an outdated dependency issue, but I even went so far as to recompile FAR against the latest version of Scale_Redist.dll you distribute and it still had the glitch. So I am not sure how to fix it myself. I will cross post to the FAR thread.

@Stormcrow981, @Eldaris

FAR isn't stock no matter how much we want it to be :wink::P 

Edited by Svm420

Doing a little research into this, it appears that the problem comes from FAR 15.6.2. In the editor it seems that the wings are somehow given a negative mass. The problem only occurs when a wing is edited. In the 15.6.2 update Ferram4 changed the way that the mass is calculated for wings.

the current (Post 15.6.2) version of the function is:

private void UpdateMassToAccountForArea()
        {
            float supportedArea = (float)(refAreaChildren + S);
            if ((object)parentWing != null)
                supportedArea *= 0.66666667f;   //if any supported area has been transfered to another part, we must remove it from here
            curWingMass = supportedArea * (float)FARAeroUtil.massPerWingAreaSupported * massMultiplier;

float tmpPartMass = curWingMass * wingBaseMassMultiplier;
            massDelta = 0f;
            if ((object)(part.partInfo) != null)
                if ((object)(part.partInfo.partPrefab) != null)
                    massDelta = tmpPartMass - part.partInfo.partPrefab.mass;

oldMassMultiplier = massMultiplier;
        }

The "-part.partInfo.partPrefab.mass" is the changed part. Is there a possibility that tweakscale is causing this code to cause a negative mass?

Release v2.2.10:
* basic wheel scaling: scaled rover wheels work more or less: they roll, bounce, and are pretty close to touching the ground
* make sure the exponents are applied before notifying other mods through the API (needed for interaction with FAR)
* MFT support changed to TweakScale using their API (instead of the other way round)
* tweaked downscaled science parts to be a little more expensive

Known issues: wheels are still wonky
* scaled wheels still float slightly above the ground
* enlarged wheels seem to bounce by clipping the ground instead of using their suspendion
* radius is currently scaled with an exponent of 0.5, which seems to work best but makes no sense

I've left possible candidates as comments in ScaleExponents.cfg. Please let me know if you find a setting that works better.

Edited by pellinor

massive problems with wheels (TR 2L and M1)

I have a battery and some structs as a base and use 4 wheels with 50% size, my total chassis mass is 57 kg and its falling down to the floor, the suspension is not holding them.

The wheels still seem to have the power of the bigger size which makes my mini vehicle accelerate so fast that i hear aero sounds.

:( i really need a small rover

Scaled pods have increasing mass.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-06%20at%209.30.3

Mod list:

- AutomatedScienceSampler 1.1.3
X Chatterer 0.9.8
- CommonReferences autodetected dll
- CommunityResourcePack 0.5.1.1
X CommunityTechTree 2.4.0
- ContractConfigurator 1.11.4
- ContractConfigurator-ContractPack-SCANsat 0.6.0.1
- ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation 1:3.2.1.2
- ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech 2.0.2
- DMagicOrbitalScience 1.2.4
- DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.3
- EasyBoard 1.0
- FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.6.3
X FilterExtensions 2.5.1
X FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig 2.5.1
- InfernalRobotics v2.0.2
- KAS 0.5.7
- KerbalAlarmClock v3.6.1.0
- KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.1.0
- KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.0.10
- KerboKatzUtilities 1.3.7
- KIS 1.2.9
- kOS 0.20.0
- KSPSteamCtrlr autodetected dll
- MechJeb2 2.5.7.0
- ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.3.0
- ModuleManager 2.6.24
X PlanetShine 0.2.5
X PlanetShine-Config-Default 0.2.5
- PreciseManeuver autodetected dll
- PreciseNode 1.2.3
- RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.26.0
- RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.26.0
- RealPlume 2:v10.5.1
- RealPlume-StockConfigs v0.10.7
X RemoteTech v1.6.11
- SaveUpgradePipeline autodetected dll
- SCANsat v16.1
- SmartStage v2.9.4
- SmokeScreen 2.6.15.0
- Steamworks autodetected dll
- StockPlugins v1.21
- ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.1.0-KSP-1.1.2
- Trajectories v1.6.1
- TweakScale v2.2.10
- UniversalStorage 1.1.0.12
- USI-LS 0.4.2.1
- USITools 0.7.2.1
- xScience 4.17

9 hours ago, naidis said:

Scaled pods have increasing mass.

Mod list:

Doesn't happen for me, and I can not install everyone's huge modlist just to see that most problems are caused by messed up installs (and therefore not reproducible with a clean install of those mods). However there have been changes in the handling of mass, so totally possible that this is a new mod interaction problem.

Could you narrow this down to fewer mods? Also, cutting away the open right click menu in the screenshot is not the best idea, you'd want to show as much information as possible. It could also help if you can say that the problem appeared with a certain version of TweakScale or some other mod.

9 hours ago, NikkyD said:

massive problems with wheels (TR 2L and M1)

I have a battery and some structs as a base and use 4 wheels with 50% size, my total chassis mass is 57 kg and its falling down to the floor, the suspension is not holding them.

The wheels still seem to have the power of the bigger size which makes my mini vehicle accelerate so fast that i hear aero sounds.

:( i really need a small rover

I'll have a look, but won't find time to continue with this until monday. Till then you could play with the exponents yourself, or use bigger wheels. You probably know as much about the new wheels as I do.

Hello there

I have found a problem with rescaled solar panels. Even though the increase (or decrease) in electricity production seems to properly scale with the scaling of the solar panel in the VAB, the panels all produce the standard amount of electricity, regardless of scale, in flight.

So the values are scaled in the VAB, but not in flight.

Regards,

Rombrecht