[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

4 hours ago, damerell said:

I eventually went with 2.5. 2 is clearly too low, 3 too high. When I looked at what various mods had done for distinctly sized hollow parts, mind, I tended to get a scale factor around 2.3...

I'm not too attached to that value, and don't really use scaled cargo bays myself. Any more opinions about the mass scaling of cargo bays?

10 hours ago, damerell said:

I eventually went with 2.5. 2 is clearly too low, 3 too high. When I looked at what various mods had done for distinctly sized hollow parts, mind, I tended to get a scale factor around 2.3...

SO as it stands right now the factor is 2.5? or you edited the file for yourself and the mod from ckan has a different value? I was thinking 2.2 or 2.3 "tasted" right to me but I couldnt give you math to back it up. If I wanted to edit so that hollow parts scaled at 2.3 which lines would I change?

42 minutes ago, Verdigo said:

Hi. Is there a way to modify a part's crew scaling? I'm using the M27 cockpit from B9 and don't agree with no crew at 1.25m considering the driver seat of my car doesn't even have 1.25 meters of space. Thanks.

Not yet, planned for the next release

2 hours ago, damerell said:

No. That's the value I decided was correct and mod in when I'm upscaling parts enough that it matters.

Sorry to be dense then man but which lines do you mod? there are so many different masses I don't want everything to be 2.3-2.5 just the "Hollow" structures

1 hour ago, Sresk said:

Sorry to be dense then man but which lines do you mod? there are so many different masses I don't want everything to be 2.3-2.5 just the "Hollow" structures

I'm not really in a position to give you useful advice since, by a happy coincidence, I only was using hollow parts from the mod in question - Lack Luster Labs. This meant I could just edit LLL_Scale_Type.cfg in that mod to make all 2x1 parts have a different mass exponent.

I'm making something with FAT-445 Aeroplane Main Wings set to the largest possible size, and the wings have a tendency to outright explode when I attempt to get the aircraft off the ground. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

1 hour ago, drtricky said:

I'm making something with FAT-445 Aeroplane Main Wings set to the largest possible size, and the wings have a tendency to outright explode when I attempt to get the aircraft off the ground. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

What does the log say about what happened to them?

23 minutes ago, damerell said:

What does the log say about what happened to them?

I've put the resized FAT-445 wings on a large boat parts hull, and it always says it either collides with another set of resized FAT-445 wings, or the hull itself. I did partially clip the FAT-445 wings into each other...could that be causing the explosions?

1 hour ago, drtricky said:

I've put the resized FAT-445 wings on a large boat parts hull, and it always says it either collides with another set of resized FAT-445 wings, or the hull itself. I did partially clip the FAT-445 wings into each other...could that be causing the explosions?

Please answer the question. What does the log say about what happened to them? Quote it verbatim.

Edited by damerell

18 hours ago, damerell said:

Please answer the question. What does the log say about what happened to them? Quote it verbatim.

It basically says what I said earlier, except it gets mixed up with each run. Is there a reason you need a verbatim version of the log?

19 hours ago, drtricky said:

Parts that belong to the same vessel do not collide with each other. However if one of them breaks off (I think that would appear in the flight log too) it becomes a separate vessel and collisions are suddenly checked.

Generally TweakScale should not change the behavior of colliders at all, only their size.

20 minutes ago, pellinor said:

Parts that belong to the same vessel do not collide with each other. However if one of them breaks off (I think that would appear in the flight log too) it becomes a separate vessel and collisions are suddenly checked.

Generally TweakScale should not change the behavior of colliders at all, only their size.

The flight log never says that the wings fail due to aerodynamic stress. Is that something that has to be assumed?

EDIT: I'm going to sound like an idiot for saying this, but the problem is sheer and simple, aerodynamic failure. Case closed.

Edited by drtricky

No idea if this is already a discovered issue, but I believe TweakScale's crew scaling is broken. When I made a command pod larger my game stopped working before launching because the seats displayed in the manifest were greater than the expected amount of seats for the part. Here's the output log:

IndexOutOfRangeException: [PartCrewManifest Error]: seat index out of range: i = 2 while mk1pod has 1 seats
  at PartCrewManifest.AddCrewToSeat (.ProtoCrewMember crew, Int32 seatIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Seems that making the mk1 2.5 meters made it add 3 seats when it normally only had one. Not a modder for KSP so I don't know how hard this is, but I do have a bit of programming experience, so I'd recommend finding a way to also increase the item's default crew size to prevent this error in the future. That, or simply make it so crew slots don't increase when parts are made larger.

18 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

When you launch it reverts to the correct number is my experience on the 2.5m hitchiker can; it showed 4 in VAB but only one kerbal on the launch pad.

Perhaps related to my 1.1.3 experience of upsizing an engine and my rocket going nowhere because on the pad it produced only it's original thrust.

14 minutes ago, jrolson said:

1.2 update?

Going around to all your mods and asking for an update will not make them update faster. MechJeb was almost binned due to an annoying troll that kept asking for an update. Just wait patiently and quietly like everyone else.