[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

Not an update request :)

Just wondering, if the dev version works good for people? I downloaded it and am about to check it out, just wondering if anyone ran into any glaring bugs? It sounds like you just have to avoid scaling crew-parts... is that it?

Can anyone tell me where to look for updates to various mods or do you literally have to cruise every mod's thread?

After every game update, I have to go to each and every mod's thread that I have in the gamedata folder and I am wondering if there is an easier way.

It's truly getting to be so annoying and I am so used to the mods that the game doesn't feel complete without them and since I am looking for an update to this mod it appears it hasn't been done wich is fine I don't mind waiting I'm just hoping someone can offer me a better way of updating the mods.

Thanks KB420

25 minutes ago, KoolBreeze420 said:

Can anyone tell me where to look for updates to various mods or do you literally have to cruise every mod's thread?

After every game update, I have to go to each and every mod's thread that I have in the gamedata folder and I am wondering if there is an easier way.

It's truly getting to be so annoying and I am so used to the mods that the game doesn't feel complete without them and since I am looking for an update to this mod it appears it hasn't been done wich is fine I don't mind waiting I'm just hoping someone can offer me a better way of updating the mods.

Thanks KB420

Sounds like CKAN would be a good fit for you.

40 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

"Unexpected End of Archive" on the file from the dev version link :(

Works for me (it has changed since your post though). That file is auto-generated by github so no idea what could go wrong there.

1 minute ago, KoolBreeze420 said:

This looks good, do you know if it allows manual installs of mods that are not in CKAN?

Yes. You can manually install mods, and CKAN can install others. CKAN will only track available upgrades on mods you installed with CKAN.

There used to be a migration tool which would allow you to convert manual installed mods to be covered by CKAN. It may still exist, but the version I had is broken. What I end up doing now is manually moving mods out of GameData, installing them via CKAN, then copying any configs back into the mod folder. 

1 hour ago, KoolBreeze420 said:

This looks good, do you know if it allows manual installs of mods that are not in CKAN?

be noted, not all mods update on ckan, i would suggest spacedock and curse, i use them myself, spacedock even sends you emails when a mod gets updated and you are following that mod

1 hour ago, Torgo said:

Yes. You can manually install mods, and CKAN can install others. CKAN will only track available upgrades on mods you installed with CKAN.

There used to be a migration tool which would allow you to convert manual installed mods to be covered by CKAN. It may still exist, but the version I had is broken. What I end up doing now is manually moving mods out of GameData, installing them via CKAN, then copying any configs back into the mod folder. 

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

2 hours ago, pellinor said:

Works for me (it has changed since your post though). That file is auto-generated by github so no idea what could go wrong there.

I used the test function in WinRar on the GameData directory, no errors. Extracted contents to actual GameData directory, seems to work quite well.

keep in mind with CKAN that it can be days before an update ends up available there.  For example, KSPIE has been updated for 1.2, but CKAN doesn't know about it yet.  MKS updated for 1.2 almost immediately, and CKAN still does not have that yet either.  I'm sure they'll trickle in in due time.

4 hours ago, ss8913 said:

keep in mind with CKAN that it can be days before an update ends up available there.  For example, KSPIE has been updated for 1.2, but CKAN doesn't know about it yet.  MKS updated for 1.2 almost immediately, and CKAN still does not have that yet either.  I'm sure they'll trickle in in due time.

Well untill Tweakscale is updated, KSPI-E cannot be updated through CKAN, which demands a KSP 1.2 compatible version of tweakscale.

Edited by FreeThinker

16 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

be noted, not all mods update on ckan, i would suggest spacedock and curse, i use them myself, spacedock even sends you emails when a mod gets updated and you are following that mod

I am not sure how the download sites can help me. I used CKAN and now for the remainder of the mods I use I will have to do manual searches and that is the issue I was asking for help with a way to make this task faster and easier, which brings me to your comment I simply don't understand what those websites which I do download from can do to help me in this.

well in case of spacedock, when you register and set your email, each time a mod gets updated, it will send you an email about the update, but in case of curse, i am not sure how it will notify you but there is an option there when you make a mod favorite it will notify you when a file change happens, in both cases you just follow.favorite the mods you want

but few of the developers only use git hub, in those cases just bookmark the forum page and check those few weekly, trust me, the process is fast but well, you need to manually install the mods and that is not that hard

1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

is there a way to write an MM patch for a tweakscaleexponent that would only affect electric charge resources? Right now I see one that affects *all* resources...

My first guess would be no (don't understand that part of the code too well).

Update: TweakScale-v2.3

changelog v2.3
* fix for wheel colliders
* fix wheelMotor torque and ec consumption
* CrewCapacity: has a configurable exponent now
* CrewCapacity: additional seats are not shown in the editor (stock limitation)
* scaling support for FloatCurve (for wheel torque)
* scaling support for and int values (for CrewCapacity)
* fix scaling of input/outputResources (new stock "resHandler", e.g. consumption of reaction wheels)
* move workaround for stock UI_ScaleEdit bug into the plugin

Known issues
* stock upgrade mechanic not supported yet
* CrewCapacity: removed seats in the editor sometimes reappear
* CrewCapacity: launch dialog of the pad/runway shows unscaled seats
* unloaded relay antennas use their unscaled range

Feedback wanted:
* wheel damage: does this need scaling?
* wheel torque and EC consumption: are they balanced?
  (goal: one big wheel should be equivalent to several small ones)
* CrewCapacity: how annoying are the known issues? Any other problems? I'm still debating if this should be on or off by default.

Edited by pellinor

22 hours ago, pellinor said:

My first guess would be no (don't understand that part of the code too well).

Alright, I'll just scale in the editor and then edit the vessel properties after I send it to the launchpad to set the resources how I like them. It would be a nice feature tho to be able to independently scale resources.

Anyways, thanks for the update!

23 hours ago, Crabman said:

I think this is why many developers don't like CKAN. Too much people asking for it everytime. 

Thanks for the update!

:0.0:

Well we all need to agree that, in 2016, still needing to search and install manually mods for such a successful and mind blowing mod community is a bit odd. We have 2 big platforms (steam workshop & curse) that usually do well with mods that don't work for automatic update/install . CKAN is the tool I use but yes it is not perfect . It screwed multiple times all my mods list (last time it was like 99+ , and searching for all of them manually is just impossible) and thus game in progress and you still need to search some mods manually but this is the more "easy to use " way of getting mods. And spacedocks is just a website.

Sorry I'm going out of the main thread subject :)

Thank you for you work on this mod ! This is one of the core ones to be able to really enjoy KSP.